iPad LITE-BRITE - by EA [Out Now]

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Sep 8, 2010.

1. ImNoSuperMan

ImNoSuperMan Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    #1 ImNoSuperMan, Sep 8, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2010

LITE-BRITE

SPARKING KIDS’ CREATIVITY SINCE 1967! Now on iPhone® & iPod touch, re-experience or discover the original “toy that …
    $0.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    SPARKING KIDS’ CREATIVITY SINCE 1967! Now on iPhone® & iPod touch, re-experience or discover the original “toy that lets you create beautiful pictures with light.” Plug into the colorful classic in a whole new way. Animate your pictures! Even send and share your images with friends and family!

RE-CREATE THE EXPERIENCE OF THE ARTS-AND-CRAFTS TOY EVERY KID LOVED
    Bring color to classic design templates, plus fun and vibrant new ones. Express your artistry with free-style images that glow with light. Use classic colored pegs, unlock new ones…and never misplace any of them!

IGNITE YOUR IMAGINATION WITH NEW WAYS TO PLAY
    Add color to your creations with the swipe of a finger or zoom in and out of pictures with a simple pinch. Make animations from your images and watch them come to life. Or see how fast you can complete templates in the all-new Time Attack mode!

SHOW OFF YOUR CREATIVITY
    Share your Lite Brite™ masterpieces! You can instantly send your creations to friends and family through email, Facebook, or the camera reel of your iPhone or iPod touch. What a sight! Making things with Lite Brite™!
    ** DON'T MISS OUR OTHER EXCITING GAMES! ** SCRABBLE, The Sims™ 3, TETRIS®, MONOPOLY, Madden NFL 11 by EA Sports™, Pogo Games FREE, Liqua Pop, ROCK BAND® Reloaded, Need for Speed™ Hot Pursuit & Surviving High School FREE

GIFT THIS APP: Click the “Buy App” arrow on the iTunes® App Store

Be the first to know! Get inside EA info on great deals, plus the latest game updates, tips & more…
    VISIT US: ea.com/iphone
    FOLLOW US: twitter.com/eamobile
    LIKE US: facebook.com/eamobile
    WATCH US: youtube.com/eamobilegames
    Information
    Seller:
    Genre:Family, Kids
    Release:Sep 09, 2010
    Updated:Nov 30, -0001
    Version:
    Size:0.0
    TouchArcade Rating:Unrated
    User Rating:Unrated
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

International Version Link : http://itunes.apple.com/nz/app/lite-brite-world/id377801024?mt=8

2. New England Gamer

New England Gamer Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 30, 2009
    Wow a blast from my past! What a pain it was to clean that up with all the little pegs. Not sure how this will translate to an iDevice as half the fun was trying to the get the pegs into the stupid holes!

3. lacedolphin

lacedolphin Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2009
    I loved my light bright when I was a kid! I had packs of cartoons and tons of the little pins in every color, ahhhhh memories

4. Ouisch

Ouisch Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2009
    Boy, they hit me right in the nostalgia organ with this one. I might actually buy this.

5. doodlejumper

doodlejumper Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Stuck in traffic
  6. sammysin

sammysin Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    SO buying this.

7. Touchgamer3g

Touchgamer3g Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2009
    SO am I :D

8. ScottColbert

ScottColbert Well-Known Member

I was just telling my niece about this over the weekend and she thought I was nuts. Now I can show her. :D

9. sammysin

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    Chances are everything I get, you get at the same time! ;D
    Did you sign up to Game Center yet?

10. Touchgamer3g

Touchgamer3g Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2009
    That's true! :p

Not yet. I haven't synced in forever so I have yet to update to iOS 4.1. I will let you know when I do though!

11. sammysin

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    Brilliant dear, add me when you get on there. Mr. Sin

I just lost 20 minutes to this game and it felt like 2 minutes. I feel like a kid playing with my toys. It's bright, bold and beautiful. I'm extremely uncreative, yet I managed from scratch, to do a doodle of an apple with a worm coming out of it (and the result wasn't too shocking!). Amazing value for so much entertainment. A great way to unwind.

12. djflippy

djflippy Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2009
    Out in the US

LITE-BRITE

SPARKING KIDS’ CREATIVITY SINCE 1967! Now on iPhone® & iPod touch, re-experience or discover the original “toy that …
    $0.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    SPARKING KIDS’ CREATIVITY SINCE 1967! Now on iPhone® & iPod touch, re-experience or discover the original “toy that lets you create beautiful pictures with light.” Plug into the colorful classic in a whole new way. Animate your pictures! Even send and share your images with friends and family!

RE-CREATE THE EXPERIENCE OF THE ARTS-AND-CRAFTS TOY EVERY KID LOVED
    Bring color to classic design templates, plus fun and vibrant new ones. Express your artistry with free-style images that glow with light. Use classic colored pegs, unlock new ones…and never misplace any of them!

IGNITE YOUR IMAGINATION WITH NEW WAYS TO PLAY
    Add color to your creations with the swipe of a finger or zoom in and out of pictures with a simple pinch. Make animations from your images and watch them come to life. Or see how fast you can complete templates in the all-new Time Attack mode!

SHOW OFF YOUR CREATIVITY
    Share your Lite Brite™ masterpieces! You can instantly send your creations to friends and family through email, Facebook, or the camera reel of your iPhone or iPod touch. What a sight! Making things with Lite Brite™!
    ** DON'T MISS OUR OTHER EXCITING GAMES! ** SCRABBLE, The Sims™ 3, TETRIS®, MONOPOLY, Madden NFL 11 by EA Sports™, Pogo Games FREE, Liqua Pop, ROCK BAND® Reloaded, Need for Speed™ Hot Pursuit & Surviving High School FREE

GIFT THIS APP: Click the “Buy App” arrow on the iTunes® App Store

Be the first to know! Get inside EA info on great deals, plus the latest game updates, tips & more…
    VISIT US: ea.com/iphone
    FOLLOW US: twitter.com/eamobile
    LIKE US: facebook.com/eamobile
    WATCH US: youtube.com/eamobilegames
    Information
    Seller:
    Genre:Family, Kids
    Release:Sep 09, 2010
    Updated:Nov 30, -0001
    Version:
    Size:0.0
    TouchArcade Rating:Unrated
    User Rating:Unrated
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

13. headcaseGames

headcaseGames Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2009
    Mobile Game Developer
    Hollywood, CA
    what a rad idea! Now we just need etch-a-sketch..!

14. djflippy

djflippy Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2009
    The implementation is really nice here; the pegs have a subtle glow that shifts constantly and it works quite well in 2x on the iPad.

15. JCman7

JCman7 Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Mechanical Engineering
    NY
    This app rocks!!! I have been waiting for this for a while and it exceeds expectations! Well done EA!!

16. sammysin

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    More people need to be playing this.

17. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Downloaded and played with this during my last meeting. :)

It's fun, though I would have expected there to be more templates since this is electronic - maybe I need to earn some medals to unlock more (I was playing in freeplay mode, since I had to at least somewhat pretend I wasn't just sitting there playing games... ;))

When you complete an image you can save it or send it via email - my wife is probably going to be blasted with images from me for the next couple of days. :D

Wish you could import/create/share templates, THAT could be a lot of fun...

18. sammysin

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    New and Noteworthy in the US. Hell, I seem to be damn good at calling the picks for each week.

19. doodlejumper

doodlejumper Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Stuck in traffic
    Does this game seem a bit underdone to anyone else? Especially for EA. Just the way the menu is and everything seems like an indy.

20. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    I thought it was overall pretty well done - though I was lost the first time I saw the menu screen - after playing with it and coming back it made more sense (Animation/Patterns/Blank)

That being said, I see no real reason why this shouldn't be universal (with the iPad version just displaying the full screen) or why there aren't more patterns. (only 20!) I don't care about the medals or additional colors, I would have liked to see more of their patterns to play with.

Has anyone mailed a creation to another person from the app? Does it generate a template, or just load up what they drew? :confused: