List of Match-3 Games

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Gus_SWE, Jun 26, 2022.

1. Gus_SWE

Gus_SWE Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2022
    Male
    I have searched the forums but can’t find a comprehensive list of good match-3 titles. Since it is a very popular genre I think there should be a dedicated thread for it.

Please help my find some hidden gems. :) Anything goes, as long as it’s a match-3 or similar.

Games I can think of from the top of my head;
    -Bejeweled
    -You Must Build A Boat
    -Scurvy Scalliwags
    -Dungeon Falan

2. naghihimutuc

naghihimutuc Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2020
    Hmmm. Let me help:

Hero Emblems 2 (dont bother with the first one, that was a proof of concept in my opinion)

Crazy Caps (which goes free sometimes. Pretty dang relaxing)

Hexagon Dungeon (free but it’s pretty damn good)

Magicus (match-3 rpg. There’s some weirdness going on with the aspect ratio if you’re on a tablet, but if you can get past it you’re good to go)
    Crystal Cove

Arabilis (match-3 farming sim. very underrated)

Crossroads: Roguelike RPG (match-3 roguelike rpg. Presentation’s kinda meh but it’s actually pretty decent)

Ruya (really cool visuals, relaxing soundtrack)

I think that’s it for me.

3. Gus_SWE

Jun 25, 2022
    Male
    Excellent list. Very much appriciated that you took some time and elaborated on each game. :) In fact I should have done that myself.

Crazy Caps, Hexagon Dungeon and Ruya looks superinteresting to me. Downloading right now. Great tips, never heard of any of these games.

4. Gus_SWE

Jun 25, 2022
    Male
    #4 Gus_SWE, Jun 27, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2022
    This is what we got so far…

Bejeweled (the grand daddy of match-3 games, a classic)

10000000 (match-3 meets rpg, I guess? It’s a very unique game. Highly recommended)

You Must Build A Boat (The sequel to 10000000. Excellent game, in my opinion even better than the first one. The core gameplay is the same but this one feels more fleshed out and up to date)

Scurvy Scalliwags (Also a classic. Match-3 in a humoristic pirate setting. Think Monkey Island but in a match-3)

Dungeon Falan (I have a hard time describing this one. I’m sure someone here can help me do it justice. It’s like a mix of match-3 and rpg and rougelike)

Crazy Caps (which goes free sometimes. Pretty dang relaxing)

Hexagon Dungeon (free but it’s pretty damn good)

Magicus (match-3 rpg. There’s some weirdness going on with the aspect ratio if you’re on a tablet, but if you can get past it you’re good to go)

Arabilis (match-3 farming sim. very underrated)

Crossroads: Roguelike RPG (match-3 roguelike rpg. Presentation’s kinda meh but it’s actually pretty decent)

Ruya (really cool visuals, relaxing soundtrack)

naghihimutuc likes this.