List of fighting games

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by big friendly giant, Apr 12, 2012.

1. big friendly giant

big friendly giant Active Member

Apr 4, 2012
    #1 big friendly giant, Apr 12, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2012
    tl;dr I made a list of iPhone fighting games

Hi, I have been trying to think of ways to promote my game Puncho Fighto (shameless plug) and was annoyed at how hard it is to find fighting games on the app store even if you're searching for them. Since there's no specific category for fighters, all you can do is search for 'fighter' and then you get hundreds of totally unrelated games about jets and stuff. A google search doesn't do much better - most of the lists are outdated, heavily slanted towards the big 3 or 4 games, or have a really broad definition of what a fighting game is. A fighting game is a pretty specific thing though, so I spent a few hours and found every fighter I could and made a list of them.

I'm slightly embarrassed that my game is at the top of the list right now - it just hasn't gotten enough reviews to average out yet. I'm not sure what other criteria to sort by though. Oh well. :)

Anyway, I hope this list might be of interest to somebody! If you can think of games I'm missing or that shouldn't really be there, please let me know and I'll make the changes.

The Big List of iPhone Fighting Games

Edit: Hmm, just noticed this thread listing adventure games in a FlexList. I suppose I could make one of those if it's more useful to people.