List of Developers In The China Market

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by 1stSPIN, May 8, 2015.

1. 1stSPIN

1stSPIN Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2014
    Own 1stSPIN
    China / Canadian
    Just curious how many Developers here are in the China market and how your games are doing?

I am as of a few months ago and so far our games are doing better than in the markets outside of China.

2. mr.Ugly

mr.Ugly Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2009
    Berlin, Germany
    isn't anyone there yet , except they opted out ?

[​IMG]

3. 1stSPIN

Nov 15, 2014
    Own 1stSPIN
    China / Canadian
    Are you saying you were but now no longer are in the China market?

4. Rogue

Rogue Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Feb 9, 2011
    Games Developer
    Brisbane, Australia
    I thought the China market would automagically be covered by itunes? I am not sure who is targeting China though. I would think most people just release in English and do not do the localization for China.

5. Destined

Destined Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2013
    localization for China is something most people wouldn't bother with unless their game was showing to be a success.

6. 1stSPIN

Nov 15, 2014
    Own 1stSPIN
    China / Canadian
    It's a bit early, so far our incoming data shows that android is the platform that is bring us cash and it is not from google but from tencents through 5 house 2 of which need a limited company if you are charging or have paid in app in your game.

Today my co-designer is launch the stickman 2 free and we just launched my hero with in-apps. We have one game that is returning 2,000 to 6,000rmb a day. We expect that will dry up or will start to go viral. Only time will tell.

I have special interest in this because I now live in China and have been here for over 13 years developing my Apple ipod and iPhone accessory business and now onto the game. I did not expect that China would give us the returns it has and focused on the North American (foreign) market. I was wrong and now working on how to make the China market produce more and still trying to find a way to put a foot in the door into the other markets.