List Of Adventure Games (Part 2)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by PointOfLight, May 5, 2011.

1. PointOfLight

PointOfLight Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    The Treasure Seekers games are lots of fun, and so is The Mystery Of The Crystal Portal series.

2. Teagan

Teagan Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2011
    LOVE Mystery of the Crystal Portal. Played them all during Xmas! I'll have to try treasure seekers. I started Amerzone but can't seem to get into it. I'm not in the mood to do a lot of thinking lol is there a particular treasure seeker you recommend?

3. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    So far I think I liked part 2 the best, but I haven't finished part 3 yet. I never really got into part 1, though after playing the others I might go back through it again. I believe there's also a part 4 coming out before the end of the year.

4. Leaholo

Leaholo New Member

Jul 19, 2011
    Heya, can any1 plzz help me lol im stuck on escape to laville...ive got to where i added the sample of blood into the computer and had to add badge, however when i go to add he right sequence nothing happens ( yellow. Red. Aqua. Blue. Purple) soo i really hve no idea what im doing wrong plzz help me :) xx

5. Leaholo

Leaholo New Member

Jul 19, 2011
    Plzz help its soo annoying now!! Pm mee ty x

6. Teagan

Teagan Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2011
    Too funny! I started part 1 yesterday and just couldn't get into it. I ended up deleting it. Lol time for another game:)

7. Teagan

Teagan Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2011
    Secrets of the dragon wheel and the new Mortimer Beckett came out today.

8. Pepper2427

Pepper2427 Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
    Wish I had an iPad. Many more games seem to be coming out on it:(

9. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Added Mortimer Beckett. Dragon Wheel is already on the list (the IAP version came out a few weeks back).

I hear you. There are both adventure and RPG games that I'd love to play on the iPad.

10. Teagan

Teagan Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2011
    Has anyone played either of them? I wish there was a sale bc there are a bunch I want to get. Snarks is next on my list unless some fall in price;)

11. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    I looked through my purchase list at Big Fish Games (which is the PC retailer I buy from that would carry both of those), and I don't see either of them on the list. However, while I can't be sure at this point, I feel like I played the demo of Snark Busters and found it to be somewhat boring.

12. Pepper2427

Pepper2427 Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
    Another couple for your list. Doors of the Mind - Inner Mysteries and Escape Game The Clowns Grudge. I got the freebie one A Twisted Love but the paid ones have increased in price quite a bit in the UK. They were 59p, then the prices went up to £1.19 which means that, with the increase in App Store prices for the UK, they are all now £1.49. Quite a big rise

13. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Added Doors Of The Mind. The Clown's Grudge isn't showing up for me yet.

14. Teagan

Teagan Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2011
    No one waste a penny on Doors of the Mind! It's AWFUL! it has a lag and if you don't find objects in a certain order, they will appear as if they arent the correct object. Terrible story line and an overall huge disappointment . :mad:

I can't stand when devs put out a game w bugs, especially Big Fish bc they put these out on a constant basis!! :p

15. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    That really is a shame to hear. I agree that Big Fish Games should have better quality assurance. Hopefully they'll get whatever issues are lingering in the game cleaned up.

16. Teagan

Teagan Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2011
    I made the mistake of buying Snark too. Has bugs that need to be fixed. There is one point that you need to put a fish in a bowl but it won't let you. I had to uninstall and reinstall, start entirely over from the beginning and it let me put it in the bowl. However, then I noticed other bugs and finally said forget it. Not a good week for me! From now on I'm going to wait until a game has been out long enough to fix all bugs.

Have any recommendations? Any hidden object games w mini puzzles and a good storyline? Must have optional hints :) Doors doesn't even have instructions on how to play the mini games lol

17. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Sorry to hear you've been having such a bad run. Here are a few suggestions:

Romance of Rome (lots of fun, no bugs that I experienced)
    PuppetShow - The Mystery Of Joyville
    Forgotten Places - Lost Circus

The latter two I've just played for a bit, but I like what I've played so far.

18. Coldar

Coldar Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2008
    Upstate NY/USA
    I just read of Doors of the Mind not being any good in the other games thread and now hearing Snark is buggy too? Think I'll pass on these then.

Suppose its time to download Treasure Seekers 3-Follow the Ghosts. I've been anxious for this one anyways.

19. podbud

podbud Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2010
    I'm still playing TS-3. I like that the TS series aren't HOG's with totally useless random objects to find and not relevant to the game at all. With other games, you just feel like you're going through the motions.

TS-3 also feels like they are attempting to take it further than just a HOG with a few more interactive puzzles and also character animations.

The Mystery of The Crystal Portal part 2 was also enjoyable but I found the HO wheels that need to pop up so you could advance onto the next one a real fidgety thing to manage on the small screen. At one point I had 3 "pop up wheels" open and couldn't see the trees for the forrest! Also, having to locate one object before the next on the "pop up wheel" was kind of irritating when you'd already found the object already. Perhaps they need to consider that for users looking at a screen the size of a twix.

Also - I don't think I saw Dream Chronicles in the list?

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/dream-chronicles/id312598775?mt=8

Only part 1 has been ported to igadgets so far...

Thanks for the superb list

20. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Actually, Dream Chronicles is already there. I'm sure there are a lot of adventure games that aren't on the list yet. I took the list from the member who started it the first time around and expanded on it from there, so anything that came out before the list is suspect to be missing. Also, while I try to keep up with new releases, I'm sure I'll miss one from time to time. That's why I rely on you guys :)

I'll admit the "object wheel" used by games like Crystal Portal and some others is not ideal for the small screen, but it's a novel idea and the games that employ it are usually pretty good, regardless of the control scheme. I agree with what you're saying about Treasure Seekers, and I'm glad to see that more hidden object games are making an effort to feel like a more traditional adventure game.