List Of Adventure Games (Part 2)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by PointOfLight, May 5, 2011.

1. PointOfLight

PointOfLight Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Try this: iExplorer. It's a great program for being able to pull the documents folder for any given application of your iPhone and storing it for safe keeping. One rule of thumb I try to stick to is making sure I keep a copy of the .IPA file for the version of the game that correlates with the save files. If I want to reinstall later on I load the old IPA first, then do an update on my device. Of course that's only possible if you're using iTunes (the keeping the IPA part).

Haven't tried it yet, but I'm downloading now.

2. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Even though this is not an adventure game, and it might not normally be your style of game (I'm speaking generally here, not just to Teagan), I would definitely recommend this for 99 cents.

3. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Can you be a little more specific as to where you're at? I just finished trying to rearrange the words so I could say thank you to the first lady that helped me in Germany, and now I'm trying to find my hotel on the map (I guess).

4. That's where I am. But if I talk to her again, and tap on "Hotel", she says a word that's highlighted in green. My guy then tells me I need to tap on that word, but it's not one of the choices. And I tried all tree choices -- none of them get me anywhere. So I'm stumped.

On and I have iPhone Explorer (someone recommended it back when a Dungeon Defenders update erased everyone's save data). It actually saved my phone after the recent Facebook update bricked my phone. But I haven't tried dragging anything back onto the phone -- I've been hesitant to do so without it being an emergency. I should back up everything with it more frequently, though.

5. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    You actually have to click on the green word in the dialog, and then it will become one of your choices :)

6. #1386 AppUnwrapper, Nov 23, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2011
    OMG it's been driving me crazy -- don't know that it would have ever occured to me lol. Thanks :)

Edit: I managed to highlight a road on the map without getting an X, but can't seem to get past that. Hmm...

7. Teagan

Teagan Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2011
    I realized AFTER I posted that it wasn't an adventure game lol however, the reviews were great along with graphics and price.

8. podbud

podbud Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2010
    Yeah I'm doing that but it just selects the other item. It won't combine. EG. I'm trying to combine balaclava with rope.

9. Make sure you've seen all the clues that lead you to that. IDAC can be weird like that.

10. Never got anywhere on the German game lol. Eric, did you manage to get past that point with the map?

11. Teagan

Teagan Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2011
    Oh I had high hopes for you guys lol I was letting you two be the guinea pigs :)

12. Lol. I really want to progress because I love the art style. And the screen caps in the app store make it look promising (running from cops?). But I can never tell what it wants me to do.

13. Pepper2427

Pepper2427 Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
    You need to double click the rope so it appears on your screen. Then click on the balaclava once so it is highlighted. Then click on the picture of the rope again once. This should work.

14. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Haven't had the chance to play it any more. I was trying to get a couple of reviews written (still didn't quite finish the second one). I'll be playing it some more over the Thanksgiving holiday, though.

Now don't count me out yet :) I will say this - if you don't have the patience to try and learn some German, chances are you (1) will have no idea what's going on, and (2) obviously won't get very far. This seems to be the type of game where random clicking will only get you so far, unless of course you want the game to take way too long. Then you might get away with that approach!

15. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    TellTale Games is having a massive Thanksgiving Day Sale (surprise). Included are:

iPad (2.99)
    Back To The Future HD (all episodes)
    Hector: Badge Of Carnage (all episodes)
    Tales Of Monkey Island (all episodes)
    Sam & Max Episode 1
    Wallace and Gromit
    Both Puzzle Agent games

iPhone (99 cents)
    Puzzle Agent (both games)
    Hector: Badge Of Carnage (Ep. 2 & 3) (I will be buying these)

Since I'm too lazy to link them all, here's a link to TellTale's "main" iTunes page: TellTale Inc

16. Trysis3

Trysis3 Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2009
    thanks for the heads up got both puzzle agents and hector 3 !

17. Looks like I'll be buying all three Hectors and the Puzzle Agents even though I don't have room for any of them lol. Man, I'm gonna have so many games after Thanksgiving that I don't have room or time for :p

18. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Tell me about it! I just bought a $25 dollar gift card, and that might cover everything I've found so far...

19. I don't usually buy iTunes gift cards, but with all the deals out there, I'm considering it before I buy all these games. ...as long as I don't have to enter any stores on Black Friday ;)

20. Teagan

Teagan Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2011
    Why is it better to buy a gift card vs using your credit card?