List Of Adventure Games (Part 2)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by PointOfLight, May 5, 2011.

1. PointOfLight

PointOfLight Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    hey guys, check out Trace-zero. The description says "puzzle game", but it looks like an adventure game to me. What do you think?

2. Pepper2427

Pepper2427 Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
    That's a tricky one to call. They don't give away much in the screenshots. Usually there's a satchel or something which gives the game away. But there's nothing. And nothing on the web either

3. GamerAdi

GamerAdi Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2010
    Let's skip this for now, and wait. Maybe there will be a lite version, or someone will have a chance to play it.

4. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    I'm all for trying a game once in a while to help nudge others in the right direction in terms of whether they should buy it or not, but zero iTunes description + zero web site presence + no email address means no try from me, especially at a $4.99 price point. I hope they do come out with a lite version, though.

5. Pepper2427

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
    Cryptic Keep is now on sale.

6. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Anyone tried this yet? I got a copy on Friday for review, but haven't had the opportunity to load it up yet.

7. Pepper2427

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
    Not had a chance to play it yet. Have too many other things on the go. If you get to it first please share your impressions

8. Pepper2427

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
    Escape Game Stolen Happiness is a new one for your list. An escape the room. This company does seem to be churning them out every couple of weeks or so

9. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Added. Actually, it's more like they are coming out once a week. That's the problem when you offer free games that are all similar in fashion. You just plug in a few different graphics (which judging by the screen shots weren't that hard to make) and suddenly you have a whole new game. At least they don't cost anything.

10. Pepper2427

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
    I must admit I quite like them. They don't take too much thought, you can play for five minutes here and there and I find them quite relaxing

11. paul.hendricks

paul.hendricks Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2009
    State of Confusion!!
    Awakening: Moonfell Wood is out from Big Fish Games. It is the Awakening sequel and plays similarly (so far). Free with $1.99 IAP to unlock full game.

12. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    I found an HD version for the iPad, which I added, but no iPhone version. Can you post an iTunes link?

13. Pepper2427

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
    Make that two in a week - Escape Game - The letter that had to wait

14. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Sorry for lack of links, but I copied this straight out of an email I just received. All of these games are on sale for 99 cents over the weekend:

- Microïds - Dracula : The Path of the Dragon - Part 1 (iPad)
    - Microïds - Dracula : The Path of the Dragon - Part 2 (iPad)
    - Microïds - Dracula : The Path of the Dragon - Part 3 (iPad)

- Microïds - Amerzone : The Explorer's Legacy - Part 1 (iPhone/Pad)
    - Microïds - Amerzone : The Explorer's Legacy - Part 2 (iPhone/Pad)
    - Microïds - Amerzone : The Explorer's Legacy - Part 3 (iPhone/Pad)

- Microïds - Nostradamus : The Last prophecy - Part 1 (iPhone)
    - Microïds - Nostradamus : The Last prophecy - Part 2 (iPhone)

- Microïds - Egypt : The prophecy - Part 1 (iPhone & iPad)
    - Microïds - Egypt : The prophecy - Part 2 (iPhone & iPad)
    - Microïds - Egypt : The prophecy - Part 3 (iPhone & iPad)

- Microïds - Return to Mysterious Island - Deluxe Edition (iPhone/iPad)

- HdO - FBI : Paranormal Case - Extended Edition (iPhone & iPad)
    - HdO - 20 000 leagues under the sea - Extended Edition (iPhone & iPad)
    - HdO - The Three Musketeers - Extended Edition (iPhone & iPad)
    - HdO - Aladin and the Enchanted Lamp - Extended Edition (iPhone & iPad)
    - HdO - Blake and Mortimer - The curse of the Thirty Denarii (iPhone & iPad)

Unfortunately it looks like iPhone users will still have to pay full price for Path Of The Dragon, but you can still get some good deals on other stuff (I'd definitely grab Amerzone during this sale).

15. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Added. You have to love how useless iTunes search can be sometimes. I ended up having to pull up the full list of Big Fish Games to find it.

16. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Cryptic Keep review

Sorry for all of the posts in a row, but I was trying to keep thoughts on different topics separate. Anyway, I played Cryptic Keep over my lunch break, and here are some preliminary comments:

The game is pretty much Myst in a medieval castle, except that the puzzles aren't nearly so challenging. There is no dialog, and even very little description save for the images themselves, except for in a few spots. There's really no hand holding, so you will do a lot of tapping on some screens. The basic premise is that you must find a sword and enter the inner keep of the area you're exploring. In about 40 minutes I had gotten the door to the inner keep open and unlocked every key-laden door that I could find. I believe I only have two puzzles left before I find the sword. My only question is if the game is over once I get that sword and enter the inner keep. If so, it's not a very long game at all. There are a couple of mini-games, but they are really watered down versions of mini-games you've played elsewhere. The graphics are decent, but not as good as I'd expect for a company called 3D Methods (though maybe I'm reading too much into the name). Sound effects are pretty much what you'd expect, and the music is nice but not overly exciting. All told it's not a terrible game, but there are definitely better adventure games available. It is on sale for 99 cents right now, and the iTunes description does say there are more puzzles and additional content coming, so it might be worth it to grab it for what is coming. However, don't go into it expecting a deep story or anything like that.

17. Pepper2427

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
    Thanks for the review. It is nice to know what you are getting for your money. I will get round to playing it when I have finished some of my other games. I knew I should have gone for the bigger memory.

18. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    My first iPod Touch had 8GB of memory, and I was deleting stuff every week to make room for new stuff. When I got my next one I told my wife I wanted 32 GB of memory so I could avoid that problem. Guess what? I'm still deleting stuff every week to make room for new stuff :) I'm pretty sure at this point I'd need an iPod Touch with ITB of memory to suit my needs :p

19. Pepper2427

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
    I know what you mean. I have two types of games on mine. Things like Shift and Cat Physics that I just play every now and then when I have 5 minutes to spare. But I can't delete these because I am only part way through and would lose all the levels I have completed. And then I have the games listed on here which are a lot bigger but I seem to have quite a few of them on the go at one time. I will be first in line when they bring out a 64GB iPhone (although I will probably have to mortgage my house to afford it)