List Of Adventure Games (Part 2)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by PointOfLight, May 5, 2011.

1. PointOfLight

PointOfLight Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    I'm a huge fan of time management games anyway, but I love Jack Of All Tribes. Here's another new Big Fish game:

Mystery Stories: Mountains Of Madness HD

2. Didn't see anyone answer this. You basically zoom in on one item (double-tap or tap the little icon of the magnifying glass) then select another item and tap on the one you have open in front of you. Hope that helps!

3. Looks like the Train is having a sale too. Anyone play that?

4. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    I've played both episodes. Two was better than one story-wise, but the interface seemed buggier to me. However, the latest update for episode 1 supposedly doubled the content, so I'm eager to try it and see how it stacks up now. Either way they are definitely worth playing as examples of what original adventure game content on the iPhone is like, as opposed to so many of these places that are just turning out ports from other systems.

5. Teagan

Teagan Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2011
    The Robinson BigFish game was released awhile ago for the iPad. Maybe the link was for the free version w IAP but is off now that the full version is out?

6. paul.hendricks

paul.hendricks Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2009
    State of Confusion!!
    I don't think so, it looks like they pulled it. It was on their site for a while this morning (I sent them an e-mail asking about why the link on the site was not working) and GotMot posted a new release thread on it:

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=113929

The iPhone link is off of the Big Fish site and the URL referenced in the release thread is still DOA, so it looks like a slip-up or pulled release. Bummer!

If your device can handle it (my iPod Touch 3rd gen barely does), Youda Survivor is another great time management game that was just released (G5E being the publisher).

7. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Here's a new one: Adventure German - The Mystery Of The Sky Disk. Yeah it's in German, but that's the whole point. It's designed to help people learn the German language, but hey, a free adventure game is a free adventure game!

8. Teagan

Teagan Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2011
    I'm not in the mood to yank out anymore hair lol

IDAC has a new free game out today The Whisper of the Plums. I think you need to use Appnavi to play.

9. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Didn't you mention at one point that the AppNavi program didn't work in iOS 5.x though?

10. Teagan

Teagan Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2011
    I got it to work. I had to enter info in my profile and delete and reinstall but got it working. If you install , enter code 7w6C so I can get points plse:)

11. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Used your code, so hopefully it worked :) Is it just me, or is lack of a password for your account a bit disturbing?

12. Thanks, downloading it now. Not sure I'll have the patience for it, but trying anyway.

Can't wait to play The Train. Bought both episodes, but no room on my iPhone. :/

13. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    I hate it when that happens :( I had both episodes for quite a while before I could clear enough room to play them. I need a 1TB iPhone :p

14. Teagan

Teagan Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2011
    Lack of a password? You need to make sure you click on "edit profile" then "name" type in a user name then click on "email" and enter email address then click on "password" and enter a password. Make sure to do this ASAP bc I lost points due to not filling in my profile. Each game you finish, you get 30 pts. You get 100 pts for signing up. When you get 300 pts, you can choose a free game to download. :) after you finish a game (it's okay if it's one you downloaded ie. strange house) make sure to wait and it will ask if u want to transfer pts. Click yes lol woot!

15. Teagan

Teagan Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2011
    What is everyone's user name in Appnavi ? I need to add a friend lol

16. Teagan

Teagan Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2011
  17. I never imagined when I got my iPhone that I'd end up using it primarily for games! I deleted every song from it a while back and still never have enough room. It's so hard to make those choices to delete games I'm only partially through jus to make room for others.
    Yes, a TB would be nice :) Or at least a really reliable cloud for backing up save data!

18. #1378 AppUnwrapper, Nov 23, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2011
    I just started the German game and I really like the art style. It does have subtitles, so so far I haven't had any trouble understanding it. Looks promising. Thanks for sharing :)

Edit: Oops, nevermind. There's the German lesson ;)

19. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Well that's a bit backwards. Never seen a site where you can "register" first and then put in a password later!

By the way, I'm RUSTYSABRE.

20. Anyone playing the German Adventure? I'm only at the beginning and already stuck. I think it's a bug/glitch bc I've tried every option given to me and the word I'm *supposed* to touch is nowhere to be found. Just want to see if it's me or the game, so I don't drive myself crazy with it for nothing.