List Of Adventure Games (Part 2)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by PointOfLight, May 5, 2011.

1. PointOfLight

PointOfLight Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
  2. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
  3. Teagan

Teagan Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2011
    Thanks! Can't wait to check them out in my snowboard attire;)

4. gamerjames22

gamerjames22 Active Member

Nov 14, 2011
    This is a great list. can't think of anything to add on

5. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
  6. fugufish

fugufish Active Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Developer
  7. Teagan

Teagan Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2011
    Oh maybe bc we have been talking about the IDAC games on the other thread. Sort of like IDAC Anonymous lol

8. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    I was kind of afraid that would happen, which I was kind of hesitant about splitting the list off. Guess I can't win for losing :(

9. podbud

podbud Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2010
    So I started playing Escape Game "The Mystery of the Abandoned Factory".

Anyone else? If so please tell me how you combine items. I'm doing what the game advises but it doesn't combine items at all

10. Teagan

Teagan Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2011
    Mushroom Age is on sale for $2.99 vs $6.99 (lowest price I have seen). Mishap is also on sale. I think Eric recommended Mishap. :)

11. Teagan

Teagan Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2011
    I finished that one along w every other one thanks to pepper for getting me addicted. Post your question in the "help with escape games" thread. I'm happy to answer any questions along w other IDAC addicts:)

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?p=2007819&posted=1#post2007819

We are trying to keep the threads separate, otherwise this one would become flooded with IDAC help questions haha

Eric- ill make an effort to post the weekly IDAC free game on this thread:) I DEFINITELY feel you made a good decision by splitting the threads. It's nice to have a thread specifically for help. Thumbs up!

12. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Actually, those are both really good games. I wish they'd bring Mishap 2 to iOS devices, though.

13. Pepper2427

Pepper2427 Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
    I really enjoyed both Mushroom Age & Mishap and can't recommend them highly enough. As i remember they were quite long for the price

14. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    I played XIII for a while this weekend. My first disappointment is that it's actually a hidden object game, and not a true adventure game like we're used to from Microids. That being said, it certainly has a plot worthy of an adventure game, and I personally think they made a mistake in their choice of game styles.

The hidden object scenes would be decent enough, except it's near impossible to tap things sometimes. I often have to tap an item 5-10 times (or even more) before it registers. The problem with that is after so many hits the screen goes dark and freezes you out for a couple of seconds. Annoying but livable if you're playing "casual" mode, but not fair if you're playing timed mode.

The mini-games are pretty weak an uninspiring. The one slightly interesting one was of the "move blocks around to slide one block out" variety, and the reason I say it's interesting is because you can slide any of the blocks in any direction. It almost makes the puzzle too easy. They also have the instructions messed up on all the mini-games, because most of them make reference to the first mini-game, which was a sliding puzzle game.

The graphics are decent enough, though sometimes even when the scene is zoomed in it's hard to tell what certain things are. The very first hidden object scene has an interesting layered effect where you actually have to tilt the device to see the whole area in the background layer. Unfortunately they've only used this technique in one scene so far, which makes it difficult to say whether it's good or bad. The sound effects are pretty good, but there isn't any spoken dialog, which is a bit of a shame. The music actually suits the game well and gives it a nice spy-like overtone.

I will say that I have become somewhat addicted to the game, but only because I want to know what the main character is all about, not because of the actual game play. From a story standpoint it's probably one of the best hidden object games available, but from a game play standpoint one of the worse ones (not worst, but certainly not adequate).

I have been playing this on an iPod Touch, so maybe the iPad version is better.

15. Teagan

Teagan Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2011
    All $0.99.....

Mushroom Age
    Mushroom Age HD
    Treasure Seekers: Visions of Gold
    Treasure Seekers: Visions of Gold HD
    Romance of Rome
    Romance of Rome HD
    Jack of All Tribes Deluxe
    Jack of All Tribes HD Deluxe
    Fix-it-up: Kate's Adventure
    Fix-it-up: Kate's Adventure HD
    Virtual City
    Virtual City HD

Mushroom Age is already on sale, others will follow.

16. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Actually, aren't the HD versions going on sale for 2.99, and not 99 cents (although 99 cents would be cool)?

17. Teagan

Teagan Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2011
    You are correct. I copied and pasted, they made a mistake. :D

18. paul.hendricks

paul.hendricks Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2009
    State of Confusion!!
    If you like time management games, Jack of all Tribes is fantastic! There was a Big Fish game released for the iPhone/iPod Touch-The Adventures of Robinson Crusoe, but it looks like they might have withdrawn it as the iTunes link doesn't work.