List Of Adventure Games (Part 2)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by PointOfLight, May 5, 2011.

1. Teagan

Teagan Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2011
    #1221 Teagan, Nov 2, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2011
    Oh no! :eek: I don't need to hear that haha

I don't see that game listed. Could you plse provide a link.

2. Pepper2427

Pepper2427 Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
    Finished a dying message. Started on on the second part. Have already downloaded the new one. Even got a notification from App Navi to tell me it was available. Got a bit of a bug for these games at the moment

3. I'm downloading Cause of Death. Surprised I didn't have it already.

4. kinofhera

kinofhera Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2011
    Hong Kong
    Oh sorry, it's in AppNavi, should have been more specific! :p
    And now these games are leveling up as well, clues now are not just a single page or a single sentence!!!! :eek:

5. Pepper2427

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
    I have downloaded this at some stage but I can't remember it at all

6. Just started, seems more like a choose-your-own-adventure game. But the prologue really intrigued me. Was like being the star of a horror movie.

7. Pepper2427

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
    Is it a full game? There seems to be a lot of in app purchases

8. PointOfLight

PointOfLight Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    I played Cause Of Death (I believe that's what you're talking about) for a little bit some time ago, and if I remember correctly the deal was that it was divided into chapters, and you had to buy the additional chapters through IAP. Of course, I didn't get nearly far enough to know how long a "chapter" is.

9. Hmm so far I only played chapter 1. It was fairly long. But not much to do besides ready the story/dialog and occasionally make a decision. It's decent, but don't know about the IAPs yet... Will see as I get deeper into it. It is very ad-intensive, though, so forcing IAPs on top of that would be a bit low, IMO. it even goes as far as stopping randomly to show you a full-screen ad that you have to close to continue playing. They should either go for ads or IAP, not both!

10. Pepper2427

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
    That's what it looks like. Could work out to be an expensive game if it is good and you want to buy all chapters

IDAC are certainly improving their games. It used to be use an item and that was it but now it's multiple uses and combined for a lot of the items that you collect. I have a lot of items in the new one and I have used most of them but they are still useable. They sure are getting crafty

11. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    I don't recall there being prolific ads like that, but if that's the case you can count me out. Even if there is no IAP, I shouldn't have to put up with full screen ads if I paid for the game in the first place. That's just wrong.

12. Pepper2427

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
    I wonder if the ads are because it's free and only the IAP's are ad free. It does say on the listing that you get free episodes every week though so I am confused as to what the IAP are

13. Yeah, the game was free to download, no money spent so far. So the ads are understandable (albeit a bit annoying). Maybe they decided to make it free with ads and get rid of the IAPs? No clue. But my twisted mind is enjoying it -- especially the parts where I play the victim. :p Too many games afraid do stuff like that.

14. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    When I got the game I actually had to pay for it. I just loaded the game up now, and when you go into the "on demand" section there are two episodes that you can buy for 99 cents apiece, as well as two volumes that you can buy for 2.99 apiece. If I remember right, the way they were originally going to do it was that you could get a new episode free for the first week, and then if you missed it you had to buy it via IAP. Who know what they are doing now? I just hope when I start playing it again I don't get all those ads, since I laid some money out to begin with.

15. That's weird. Yeah, the app store description is a bit confusing. I thought I'm playing the first episode... But if I go by their description, I'd have missed the first episode after 7 days. I'm confused. I'll just enjoy what I have and see what happens.

16. kinofhera

Jul 25, 2011
    Hong Kong
    Woow finished it in one sitting!
    This one is really something in combining items too! (you will see ;) )

17. Teagan

Teagan Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2011
    Yes, I purchased that as well for my iPhone about a year ago and paid. I found it boring and full of text. Maybe they made changes.

18. Teagan

Teagan Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2011
    You just finished the new one w the cabin in a blizzard? Omg you are fast! Which one is easiest?

19. kinofhera

Jul 25, 2011
    Hong Kong
    Yes! Actually the items are quite easy to be found (finding items is the most annoying part to me usually in escape games :p). Using them is a bit tricky though, enjoyed much too!

20. Teagan

Teagan Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2011
    #1240 Teagan, Nov 2, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2011
    Hint plse: code to ABCD machine and I have combined wrench/long etc on the protruding object but there must be a clue to turning it. I also don't know how to light the LED light in the outlet or melt my axe lmao