List Of Adventure Games (Part 2)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by PointOfLight, May 5, 2011.

1. Teagan

Teagan Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2011
    #921 Teagan, Oct 27, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2011
    Thank goodness you finished this:) I started it last week but stopped when I got stumped. I have terrible luck w these games. My brain doesn't seem to work on the same wave length:confused:

I have a screwdriver, piece of paper w part of a dog, and a candle holder. I don't know either codes ie. rose, dresser nor do I know what the green and blue lights are for. Hint plse lol

2. Teagan

Teagan Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2011
    I hate the IAP :) why do they call it a sale???

3. PointOfLight

PointOfLight Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Because eventually the IAP prices do go up :(

4. Saw that, but haven't downloaded yet. Looks like it's free to download with an IAP to unlock the full version? Have you tried it yet?

5. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Nope - just saw it a few minutes ago and I'm at work right now, so earliest I'll get a chance to look is tonight.

6. Did you find the pliers?

7. paul.hendricks

paul.hendricks Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2009
    State of Confusion!!
    Dreamland is fun. 1/2 HoG and 1/2 Puzzle/Adventure. Good graphics, good interface. Mediocre story. Unlocks for $1.99 (USD) with IAP.

iPhone: http://itunes.apple.com/app/dreamland-halloween-adventure/id464230537?mt=8

iPad: http://itunes.apple.com/app/dreamland-hd-halloween-adventure/id464231282?mt=8

Big Fish released Redemption Cemetery: Curse of the Raven Collector's Edition--haven't play it yet at all.

iPhone: http://itunes.apple.com/app/redemption-cemetery-curse/id450689367?mt=8

iPad: http://itunes.apple.com/app/redemption-cemetery-curse/id450321207?mt=8

8. Never could quite get into hidden object games, so will have to think about this one.

Considering buying Dark Meadow at half price, but I read that there are no puzzles. So, not much of an adventure game like I thought it was. Have any of you played it?

9. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Dark Meadow is a very intriguing game, but it's definitely not an adventure game. I was actually kind of expecting there to be some adventure elements, and was pretty disappointed when there wasn't. The more I've gotten into the game, however, the harder it is for me to put down. Unfortunately, it sounds like they've kind of butchered it with this latest update, at least in the sense that there will now be less creatures to fight. Anyway, if you want kind of a hybrid rails shooter / RPG / mystery type game, Dark Meadow is a good choice. If you're expecting a cool looking adventure game, look elsewhere.

10. From what I read, the battles get tiresome, and people have been asking for fewer of them. So if they're updating in response to that, it sounds like a good thing to me.

Now, this thing about not being able to save your spot -- that might be a dealbreaker for me. But it all looks too gorgeous not to try out.

Disappointed that it doesn't have any adventure or room escape/puzzle elements to it. That would have been amazing, and I'd have zero hesitation about buying it.

11. Teagan

Teagan Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2011
    Yes, I used the pliers to cut the wire to get the book:)

12. Pepper2427

Pepper2427 Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
    Did you take the wire?

13. Teagan

Teagan Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2011
    #933 Teagan, Oct 27, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2011
    Yes ma'am :)

Ah got into the other room and now have lighter, dog pic, dryer lol

14. Pepper2427

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
    So you have got into the other room?

15. Teagan

Teagan Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2011
    Yes I have!

16. Pepper2427

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
    All should now become clear.

17. Teagan

Teagan Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2011
    No, my baby is naked and I can't open the trap door or rose door. Lol where do I use the dryer?

18. Pepper2427

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
    Check the book. How many messages have you had?

19. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Here's the problem, though - without the battles, there's really nothing to do in the game. Sure you pick up newspaper clippings and journal pages and such along the way, but that's just background details. The only real game play elements in the game are the fights. I think the main problem with the game is they tried to straddle some middle ground that no one knows how to respond to. The setup makes it feel like it should be an adventure game, but no actual puzzle / inventory elements means adventure gamers don't like it. The battles seem to indicate that it's more of an FPS, but the length of the battles makes it feel more like an RPG, so FPS people aren't happy. Personally, I look at it all as a means to an end, that end being "who am I and what happened at this hospital?"

Anyway, the save thing is definitely an issue. However, as frustrating as it can be, I've just learned to deal with it. For those that are good at remembering paths, especially now that they are reducing the number of encounters, it shouldn't take long to get from point A to point B even if point A is the first room of the game.

20. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    So believe it or not, I have actually been playing some games that apply to this list as well :) Of course, the results haven't been great.

First I tried Escape Haunted Manor from bored.com. There were actually a couple of cool features, like the fact that you could drag a helmet onto your portrait to "equip" it, and the fact that you could die. However, between utter lack of response from the game on just about anything and the fact that I spent more time dying than playing the game, I finally gave up.

Next I tried Graveyard Escape. To be perfectly honest, the main reason I bought this one was because the graphics reminded me of the old Sierra games. Unfortunately, the game play is terrible. I've only found one item so far that I could pick up, and I had no idea what to do with it. There was also one puzzle that was a series of flowers, but I had no idea how to arrange them to accomplish anything useful. Once again this game had no feedback on your actions, so I gave up.