List Of Adventure Games (Part 2)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by PointOfLight, May 5, 2011.

1. Lesrider

Lesrider Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2011
    #901 Lesrider, Oct 25, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2011
    Yeah, apparently there are three bugs you need to be aware of. I encountered the periodic table bug, but after I got everything I needed from it. I forgot what the other two are.

As for Atmosfear, I think I'm screwing up my phone by downloading things with so little space. I was playing it, then I minimized it and it said it's downloading. Really bizarre. Now I'm trying to sync with iTunes and see if it downloads properly. I don't think the game saves either :(. Really different, though. I like it. Hopefully I can get back to playing it soon.

Edit: Got it working again. Can't ind the manual for the bomb, though.

Edit: managed to get the answer by converting it online. But then the game was over :(. That was way too short. I want more!

2. Lesrider

Lesrider Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2011
    Anyone know if there are any other games like that? I want more!

3. paul.hendricks

paul.hendricks Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2009
    State of Confusion!!
    Magic Academy (the prequel) is much more refined, but looks like it is just a HoG.

4. fazil

fazil New Member

Oct 25, 2011
    Most of times I would like to play adventure games because it is really interesting to play. I can select new adventure games from this forum I’m really happy about it.

5. kinofhera

kinofhera Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2011
    Hong Kong
    Anyone playing this game on iPad 2 and iOS 5?
    The game crashes after the intro movie, just wonder if it is a compatibility issue or something?

6. Pepper2427

Pepper2427 Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
    I am running IOS 5 on iphone 4 and have had no problems at all. Dont know what to suggest.

7. Teagan

Teagan Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2011
    Restarted and got past the bug. Pheww

You guys are making me dizzy w Atmosfear. I downloaded but haven't started yet. BUT I do have a swivel chair :)

8. kinofhera

kinofhera Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2011
    Hong Kong
    Thanks for your reply, guess I am just unlucky~~~ (but at least luckily the game was free! :D )

9. TheMoonwalls

TheMoonwalls Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2010
  10. Pepper2427

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
    Just finished Atmosfear. Cracking game. Definitely very different to other room escape games. Quite short but hopefully it will be continued. Need more like this on the App Store

11. PointOfLight

PointOfLight Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    I've played the iPhone version and it was pretty good (at least graphically, didn't care much for the game itself), but if I had the option I'd shell out the extra buck for the iPad version. I'd imagine the native version would look sweet on the iPad.

12. JML

JML Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Home Sweet Home
    #912 JML, Oct 25, 2011
    I bought The 7th Guest for my iPod Touch and the controls are horrible. Go for the HD version, so you won't get as frustrated as I am trying to tap/select all those tiny things.

Edit: It seems that the iPhone version will soon be updated for universal support.

13. JMarceLF

JMarceLF Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2010
    CHEF
    California
    How come no one has redone

Day of the Tentacle or Gabrielle Knight:Sins of the father or even the kings quest series?

14. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    #914 PointOfLight, Oct 25, 2011
    Day Of The Tentacle won't happen unless someone buys the rights from LucasArts, because the powers that be over there don't think their valuable time is worth spending on adventure games any more. Not sure about Gabriel Knight, because I don't really know what the state of Sierra Online is anymore or who owns the rights to that stuff. As for King's Quest, Telltale Games is working on a new chapter to that saga, so it should be pretty good.

[Edit]

Forgot to mention there is a fan based "sequel" to the King's Quest series here: The Silver Lining. I haven't tried it yet, but from what I understand Ken and Roberta Williams have been following the development and are please with their work.

15. #915 AppUnwrapper, Oct 26, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2011
    Anyone play bored.com's new Halloween game? I beat it in only 3 minutes... which I suppose is better than the 3 seconds in the first version that let you just tap on the door to escape :p

Also, not sure if it's been mentioned before, but I just remembered City of Secrets. Fun game with great humor.

16. Eloader

Eloader Member

Aug 25, 2011
    #916 Eloader, Oct 27, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2011
    Is anyone playing "an odd game" by IDAC.

It feels as though i'm close to the end.

I have a lighter, a candle stand, a tiny box and a naked doll.

I have a draw with a rose motif to open, the tiny box to open a doll to clothe (?) and a hatch in the floor to explore if I can find (i think) a candle.

Anyone got an idea what to do next?

EDIT - OK stuck with a pacifier with "use bird on grid" written on it, a doll with "Rose+"here"!! on its Backside and the draw still to open. Stuck again

17. Pepper2427

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
    Check the table in the other room very carefully

18. Eloader

Eloader Member

Aug 25, 2011
    I think I got past that bit, I have a pacifier and a clothed doll and no clue (besides the text on each) what to do.

19. Pepper2427

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
    You need to make another word to go with rose. Where is the here placed? (or near)

20. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    I know you guys don't seem to have much luck with Nevosoft games, but they just released a new one called Dreamland HD: Halloween adventure game, and it looks and sounds pretty cool. There's also an iPhone version for those who aren't privileged :)