List Of Adventure Games (Part 2)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by PointOfLight, May 5, 2011.

1. Teagan

Teagan Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2011
    I tried that, however, that's not symmetry lol what's strange is that you can draw a line of symmetry down the letters KEY. Something got lost in translation lmao but using 1972 and inputting the mirror image didn't work for me. Not worth the aggravation:) I'm done! :)

2. Lesrider

Lesrider Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2011
    Ugh that was super annoying. I wasn't thinking of the keypad itself for the symmetry. I got it work, but no idea how you breezed through this game :p

3. Pepper2427

Pepper2427 Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
    It just clicked I guess. As I said earlier I have three others on my phone that I am totally stuck with. I found the Antrim games quite hard and had to resort to help but I enjoyed them immensely. Looking forward to many more puzzles in the future

4. Teagan

Teagan Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2011
    I started Antrim 3 but am stuck haha they have a hint system now but you only get one hint every couple minutes and they go in an order. I had to waste hints on things I already did:(

5. Pepper2427

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
    Not started it yet but I know where to come when I get stuck. Lol. Will be another 2 pages gone. Is it as good as the first two?

6. Lesrider

Mar 28, 2011
    Don't use in-game hints -- google it ;)

7. Lesrider

Mar 28, 2011
    I found it a bit easier than the second one. I think the 2nd was the hardest (I still don't know how I beat the maze game the first time around, bc I can't now). 3 is more intuitive, but I still got stuck a couple times and looked for help. Also, I was disappointed that there was no use for tilt/shake controls like the other two :(. But overall, top-notch game.

8. Pepper2427

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
    Best hint yet. As long as there's a good walkthrough. Problems start when there isn't one. I do try not to peak as I find once I start I can't stop. Who knew walkthroughs were like Pringles - once you peak you can't stop!

9. Teagan

Teagan Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2011
    #869 Teagan, Oct 23, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2011
    Omg I stopped the 2Nd one bc I could not get past the marble labyrinth maze lol I almost broke my iPhone I was so frustrated. There is tilting in the 3rd. When they are tring to get her out, if you look at the doorway with the scene from the previous game......tilt your device back and forth and it will move. Not sure if it ties in with the game bc I'm only on ch2 or 3 where they get her but there is a fire. I forget bc I haven't played it in a couple days lol

10. Lesrider

Mar 28, 2011
    Haha me too. I swore I wouldn't use any hints this time around. Really wanted to enjoy the full experience of figuring it out on my own. But eventually I ended up looking for a bit of help. I think I used a lot less help in 3 than I did in 2, though.

Also, sadly, not everyone is good at giving small hints like you do. I got the game a few days after it came out (for the 99 cents sale) and the only help available was their Facebeook page. But some people give away so much when you're o ly looking for a small hint :/

11. Pepper2427

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
    I agree. I want hints not the answer. It helps me feel as though I am still solving the problems. Will have to finish 2 and then get on with 3 before we all grow old

12. paul.hendricks

paul.hendricks Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2009
    State of Confusion!!
    Off-topic:

I was complaining about Magic Academy 2 from Nevosoft a couple of weeks ago, (when the prequel came out). There was an update to the game around the same time as the release of the prequel. I tried playing MA2 again yesterday in a fit of boredom with the lack of releases recently and the update has made it MUCH more playable. It still has the cheesy character animations, but there is a semi-decent HoG/adventure there now. The adventure side might be a bit lacking for the super-geniuses that haunt this group, but I will admit I had enough fun with the game to justify buying the prequel.

13. Lesrider

Mar 28, 2011
    God I loved 2. Enough to go back and play it again after all this time. But I don't have patience for the maze game all over again :(

Yeah, wish people would learn to give hints, not answers. I got more help on 3 than I wanted or needed. Once you see an answer, you can't un-see it!

14. Pepper2427

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
    Glad to hear that some developers take the problems on board and actually do something about it

15. Teagan

Teagan Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2011
    Yes, I NEED a good game now! I'm so bored with all of the current games.

16. PointOfLight

PointOfLight Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    I know enough about Dreamweaver to know that it's a piece of junk (or at least was when I worked with it) and I wouldn't use it unless I was forced to. Thankfully it's been a while since I had to go down that dark road, though :rolleyes:

17. Teagan

Teagan Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2011
    Well a friend of mine wants to make some easy changes to her web site and that's the only program I have. I don't know HTML:( I'm going to tell her to hire someone.

18. Lesrider

Mar 28, 2011
    Anyone play Escape from LaVille? I just tried the free version, and the loading between actions is maddeningly slow. I couldn't bear it for more than a few minutes. Yet the reviews on the app store are almost all 5 stars. What gives?

19. Pepper2427

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
    I loved Escape from LaVille. I can't remember the loading times being slow. Maybe it's the new iOS updates. Love the zombie dog so played it through again up until that point and had it on my phone for ages

20. Lesrider

Mar 28, 2011
    Maybe I've just been spoiled by games like Antrim Escape that load instantly, but this game feels like I spend more time waiting than playing. If I could finish up a room and move on, I could probably handle it. But I see that it's the kind of game that has you running back and forth all over the place, and just he thought of it is painful. Maybe you have more patience than I do :p