List Of Adventure Games (Part 2)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by PointOfLight, May 5, 2011.

1. Teagan

Teagan Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2011
    I stopped playing bc it is too difficult lol it's hard to see details (I'm playing on iPad). I've found a lot of things but have no clue how they all go together. I'll wait for the hints to be released:)

2. JMitnik

JMitnik Active Member

Jul 24, 2009
    Wish they would release the next Ace Attorney games soon. It is one of the best iOS game experiences I have had.

3. JML

JML Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Home Sweet Home
    City of Secrets came out in March, so it isn't new. I really enjoyed that one a lot and don't understand why it's so cheap. On the website of Aidem Media it says that they are working on City of Secrets 2. I wonder how long we'll have to wait, but I know for sure that I'll buy it right away.

We can hope...

4. Pepper2427

Pepper2427 Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
    Sounds interesting. IOS is the perfect platform for this game and I for one am looking forward to its release. Hopefully it won't disappoint as the Layton games are very good

5. PointOfLight

PointOfLight Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    I've not played them yet (mostly because we seem to go through DS's more quickly than water and I've never really had one of my own), but I've always wanted to. I hope this ends up being good as well since it will be my first experience with the series.

6. Teagan

Teagan Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2011
    Ditto!:)

7. Pepper2427

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
    I have played them all and do enjoy them but since getting an iPhone the ds has not been out for ages. If they had a phone on the ds then I would remember to take it with me on days out but as it doesn't it is usually left at home

8. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Just tried Fairy Woods, a "hidden object" game that went free today - don't bother. It feels more like a proof of concept than an actual game. There are only 4 scenes, 5 objects per scene, and the objects are different variants of the same thing for each scene (a heart, fairy, caterpillar, bird and butterfly). Was hoping to be able to report a good new game for you to try, but I guess not.

9. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Couple of new games (haven't tried either yet):

Haunted Halloween Escape - Made by the same people that did the gem escape games, so should be pretty cool

Mayan Mystery HD (there is also an iPhone version) - Hidden object game made by the same developer as Zombie Attack - Hidden Objects, which I did not like

10. Teagan

Teagan Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2011
    Big Fish also released The Mirror Mysteries for iPad but I don't like that kind of HOG. You have to find certain pieces that create a part and then put the part in the correct place. Ex. Find pieces that make a gear and put gear in the correct spot inside clock.

11. Teagan

Teagan Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2011
    Finished the haunted escape game. It made me laugh. So silly.

12. Pepper2427

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
    I love the gem games so the Haunted Halloween Escape is an instant download. So much content for free. Will give the other one a miss. The other one was a bit lame and I only used it to kill a few minutes. Didn't really get engrossed in it

13. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Funny, I just noticed this and was going to recommend it :) I've played the PC version and really enjoyed it (actually finished it, as a matter of fact).

14. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    #814 PointOfLight, Oct 21, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2011
    Can't remember if you said you upgraded to iOS 5 on your iPad yet or not, Teagan, but here's another one: The Case Of The Missing Billionaire Uncle. Unfortunately I don't think there is a lite version.

A couple more:

Active Adventure Episode 2 - The description is basically nonexistent, and based on both that and the title screen shot there's a good chance this isn't translated well, but it looks like a traditional point & click adventure game with cool retro graphics.

Escape Game "An Odd Game" - You know the drill on these by now. At least this one is free at the moment.

15. Teagan

Teagan Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2011
    Ohh thanks! I love new games:) yes, I did upgrade. Does that matter? Off to check these out! Thanks again!

16. Pepper2427

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
    Can anyone figure out how to play Arctic Adventure? Love the translation. Many a head scratching moment

17. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Apparently it does for the Missing Uncle one. It said it only supported iOS 5 and up.

I assume you mean Active Adventure :) I didn't bother with it yet, because I had a feeling based on the screen shots that the translation would be awful. If it ever goes free I might pick it up.

18. Pepper2427

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
    I am trying the lite versions and have finally figured it out. The translation is unbelievable. Most of the time I haven't got a clue what they are on about even though they are speaking English. Very retro feel to the game with graphics and game mechanics

19. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
  20. Pepper2427

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
    An Odd Game and Strange House are quite good. Usually I get stuck ( I have two that I still haven't finished) but I breezed both of these. Bonus that they are free