List Of Adventure Games (Part 2)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by PointOfLight, May 5, 2011.

1. Teagan

Teagan Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2011
    Has everyone updated to OS5? Anyone get the 4S?

2. PointOfLight

PointOfLight Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    No and no (at least not yet). I probably will upgrade to iOS 5 one of these days, but my current hardware suits me just fine right now.

3. Pepper2427

Pepper2427 Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
    I have the iOS 5. Still on iPhone 4. Got another year on contract. Glad to see they have upped the storage on the new 4S to 64gb. Have 16 gb now and it's not enough so will see next year if I go for 32gb or 64gb. Son has updated his iPod and it is driving me mad because now he can message us. Hopefully the novelty will wear off soon

4. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Now don't tell me you don't like your kids communicating with you :) As for the space, if you upgrade you should definitely go 64GB. My current device is 32GB and it's not enough :rolleyes:

5. Pepper2427

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
    Talking. Yes. Texting sat in their bedroom. No. Ah the youth of today. 64gb it is and then I will not have to get a new phone for a long time. Only downside of that is that games seem to get better and better leaving the old devices obsolete

6. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    I think sometimes the developers forget that these are mobile devices! I'm all for cool games, but a portable game shouldn't be 1GB or more in size (in my opinion). That is, of course, unless they want to start making mobile devices with terrabytes of storage :)

7. Pepper2427

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
    I'm sure that is the future thinking of how big computers and mobile phones used to be. Exciting to think what the future holds

8. Teagan

Teagan Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2011
    I have a 32GB iPhone 4 and it's not even close to being half full. I now use my ipad for everything. Get the 16 or 32GB iPhone and use the money to get an iPad. I was thinking about upgrading but it would only be for the camera so I think I will wait. Hopefully the iPhone 5 will be out this summer.;).

@eric I assume you use a PC? Otherwise you would have upgraded...just a hunch:D

9. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    I do use a PC, but what does that have to do with upgrading? As for the storage space, I guess that's a "to each his own" answer. I have a 32GB iPod Touch, and I'm constantly shuffling stuff around. I imagine that for me, getting an iPad would not alleviate that problem, but instead would make it worse. Of course, some might theorize that I just have way too many apps :p

10. paul.hendricks

paul.hendricks Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2009
    State of Confusion!!
    32gb iPod Touch w/ iOS 5 and am constantly out of space. Mostly games, some media. 64gb seems like it will be a good upgrade, but it is amazing how fast I went from filling a 16gb device to filling a 32gb device.

11. Teagan

Teagan Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2011
    RE: the PC, if you used a Mac, you would have most likely upgraded in order to take advantage of all of the new features. Does everything sync on a PC (OS5) without plugging in your devices?

I use to utilize my iPhone for games etc. and used up a lot of space. However, with a 64GB iPad and 32GB iPhone , space is no longer a problem. I also delete a game once I finish it:rolleyes: Thus I only have games that I am currently playing loaded. I have a couple hundred iPhone games that I no longer use. That has created a lot of space on my iPhone. Oh I almost forgot that I also have a 32gb Touch that I stopped using once I got the iPad. Lmao that is why I didn't have space issues before. DUH!

12. Teagan

Teagan Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2011
    Do you have issues w your Touch holding a charge? Mine drains so fast. I stopped using it due to that issue. Hence why I forgot I had one lol

13. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Like I said, YMMV :) With me, I go through games like no one's business. I download on average 180 games a month, though the reality is that I most likely have tried less than a quarter of the games I have downloaded. The problem is that many of them are there for review purposes, so they don't get deleted until they get reviewed, which in some cases might take a while. As for finishing games, that rarely happens with me. More likely than not I'll get so far in a game, it will sit for a long time, and then I'll finally decide I need the space and delete it. Now I do try to finish adventure games whenever possible, but there are very few action / puzzle / whatever games that I have completed.

14. paul.hendricks

paul.hendricks Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2009
    State of Confusion!!
    It does drain pretty quickly now, so I put a Mophie Juice Pack Air on it to help. I think it is a function of age of the battery as much as it is complexity of the games.

15. Teagan

Teagan Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2011
    YMMV?? Sorry, I've never seen this one. Lol

16. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Assuming you're serious, it stands for "your mileage may vary". Gotta love acronyms!

17. Pepper2427

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
    I'm finding the new cloud system makes it much easier to delete games and add new ones. I thought 16gb would be enough but the amount of games that are available far exceeds my expectations so I have learnt and will probably go for the biggest I can get. It's good not having to 'plug into' the laptop anymore. They should have done this ages ago

Don't know if I can justify buying an iPad but it would be good for the types of game I play. I usually have to take off my glasses to see the really small items (?) so it will probably be useful in the future but I like the fact that I have everything I need in one device that fits into my handbag

18. podbud

podbud Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2010
    Anyone playing Antrim Esc 3? I've realised that the game is hopelessly incompatible with 2nd gen ipod touches. A lot of the characters are hard to see. I'm stuck in the 2nd room and need to turn a colour wheel with 4 colours corresponding to poker chips but do you think I can make out what the numbers are on the dials? No way. All I see is blurred text. Unless it's my eyes??:eek:

19. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    I think someone mentioned the other day that Professor Layton was coming to iOS devices. Here's a little more info: Professor Layton on iOS

20. crazyhorse1217

crazyhorse1217 New Member

Oct 20, 2011
    New adventure, point & click

Don't know if anybody has seen it yet, but I've been playing for a few days now :
    City of Secrets
    It's really really good!