List Of Adventure Games (Part 2)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by PointOfLight, May 5, 2011.

1. Teagan

Teagan Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2011
    Nada:) no show of hints:)

2. Teagan

Teagan Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2011
    Any new games out?

3. PointOfLight

PointOfLight Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Anyone played RunOut-HD? I've done everything except open the safe, but I can't seem to find the code anywhere. I'm hoping I didn't do something wrong by smashing the mirror, since I didn't seem to get anything from doing that.

4. Pepper2427

Pepper2427 Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
    No that was right. I'm scared of the dark but in this case it helps

5. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Thanks! I should have figured that when the action you're referring to didn't do anything early on in the game I'd need to try it again later on. Overall the game was a big disappointment. It was what, about 5 minutes of game play? And the mini-games were pointless. I'm just glad I got it when it was free.

6. Pepper2427

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
    Yes it was very short. I felt the mini games were only there to pad it out a bit. Not one of the better escape games

7. Pepper2427

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
    Antrim Escape 3 has just been released. It's a surprise because I didn't know they were going to do a new one

8. Teagan

Teagan Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2011
    Terrific!

9. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Are the Antrim Escape games any good? I have the first one, but (and this may come as a shock) I haven't had the chance to play it yet.

10. Glow

Glow Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2010
    #730 Glow, Oct 13, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2011
    I've only played the first one but if you like 'room escape' games you will probably like it. You have to find items, combine them and use them. The puzzles were not easy as you have to use whatever the idevice is capable of(like the accelerometer). I thought it was too short though. I must play the other two.

11. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    "Too short" seems to be a common problem with room escape games. I wonder, though, if we went back and stripped out all of the story and NPC interaction from some of the good old adventure games, how long do you suppose they'd actually be? Kind of a sad thing to think about.

12. Teagan

Teagan Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2011
    The 2nd one had a labyrinth puzzle I was unable to do so I deleted it after several tries. They don't have the iPad version out yet so I will wait. The puzzles IMO are the hardest of all room escape games minus the ones that make zero sense:)

13. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    But "zero sense" puzzles are the best. They really help with the longevity of the game :)

14. Pepper2427

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
    That is true but if they are too out there then the game will last forever because I will give up

15. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    I was really just kidding. I actually hate puzzles that don't make any sense. To me they ruin the flow of the game, and were most likely included simply because the designers couldn't come up with something plausible to do.

16. Teagan

Teagan Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2011
    Hahaha I totally got the sarcasm. They last so long, no one ever finishes. Sort of like Demon Lands! Not to mention the friggin game lost my progress so I deleted!

17. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    That is so not cool. I really wanted to try Demons Land, but now I'm afraid to. Lot better things I could spend $2.99 on.

18. Teagan

Teagan Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2011
    Don't! Everyone was complaining bc the puzzles made no sense, everyone was stuck. Thus they put hints up on the games/devs page. The only problem is that the hints weren't "hints". I know I need to find a needle to make the phonograph play but where is it? Lol bottom line=hot mess! Then all my progress was deleted and I was not about to start over. Most of the puzzles I messed around with until i got lucky in order to progress. :eek:

19. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    That's scary. It really sounds like these developers aren't trying to get people to test their games. I know it's difficult sometimes, but they've at least got a forum here full of people willing to help test. They need to learn to take more advantage of that resource.

20. podbud

podbud Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2010
    Teagan. I did it...
    You actually have to click on the area where you put the dragon ring to open the door again. It took me ages to work that out and then i just kinda clicked on it and hey presto!

And, yes...there are no hints. Though I have managed to solve most of the puzzles - fairly straight forward but there are a few bugs.