List Of Adventure Games (Part 2)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by PointOfLight, May 5, 2011.

1. PointOfLight

PointOfLight Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
  2. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Demons Land is out now as well. Don't know if the game play will hold up, but it looks pretty :)

3. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
  4. Pepper2427

Pepper2427 Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
    Grrr. Making me want an iPad again

5. Teagan

Teagan Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2011
    Did you not read my post from yesterday saying how I bought that game and it's not great. English translation is terrible and bc it's not made for the iPad, graphics didn't look great. Overall, I wish I skipped it lol

6. Teagan

Teagan Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2011
    Bought that during the sale along w every other big fish game I didn't have. OR is that the iPhone version?

7. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Ummm, well, considering you just said "bought the new game listed above", it stands to reason that one might be confused as to which game you were actually talking about :confused: Not to mention the fact that the original poster actually posted the wrong name for the game :rolleyes: Anyway, all is understood now, and that stinks that it wasn't a good game.

Still iPad. They seem to be a lot more concerned about getting their games on the iPad than the iPhone.

8. Teagan

Teagan Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2011
    Eric, were you the one who mentioned Phoenix Wright awhile back? Someone said to grab it.

9. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    I might have mentioned it, but I haven't actually played it yet (it's on that very long list of "need to try"). I've heard it's really good, though.

10. Teagan

Teagan Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2011
    I'm debating buying it but I also want Drawn 2. I hate playing the games w IAP bc if you delete and buy later, you lose all progress.

11. paul.hendricks

paul.hendricks Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2009
    State of Confusion!!
    Phoenix Wright is well worth purchasing. It is a mix of some HdO, some point and click, some tactical observation/reporting, and some courtroom drama. A fun game if those appeal to you.

12. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Well, I finally got around to playing Amerzone part 1. I know someone on this thread mentioned that it was short, but wow! I'd say at most it probably took me half an hour to finish the game. The worst part is that most of the story was told through reading documents instead of talking to people, and there was really very little puzzle solving to be had. Overall it was actually quite a disappointment for me.

13. Teagan

Teagan Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2011
    Yes, that was me. Those were the same complaints I had. I was in shock when it ended. That's why I asked if anyone had played Dracula resurrection (same devs) bc if the eps were as short as Amerzone, I didn't want to bother.

14. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Actually, I believe that Microids only handled the iPhone version of both games. For the PC, Microids developed Amerzone but simply published Dracula: Resurrection - some company I've never heard of actually developed the later game.

15. Teagan

Teagan Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2011
    No clue about PC versions but the same person did the iPhone/iPad version. Or at least I thought they did.

As for Demons land...SKIP IT. or at least skip it until it's free:) I can't stand a game that has so many inconsistencies. The story doesn't flow. One min your car is in a river/lake, the next scene you're at your destination but how did you manage to get there w no car??? You need to use sound in order to solve a certain puzzle but how would one know that??? I regularly turn off my sound or have it very low. Overall, the game needs a lot of polishing. What a waste of $3.00!!

16. paul.hendricks

paul.hendricks Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2009
    State of Confusion!!
    This one is pretty good, surpisingly. It has a nice balance of HoD and puzzles, and no bugs that I have found, although I don't think I am as diligent a player as certain iPad players we know :). It is on sale for 50% off for another day, I think.

17. podbud

podbud Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2010
    I'm playing Dracula resurrection right now and as per usual...I'm noticing major bugs. What is it with microids and their games for iphone/ipod touch? It really turns me off their products. I'm stuck in the tavern...attempting to use the secret passage in the cellar but due to a bug I cant open the drawer again to read the diary. And even if I do get it open again...due to the bug I couldn't read it before. Grrrr

18. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Do you have hints turned on or off (I'm assuming that's an option just like in the Amerzone games)? I noticed with Amerzone part 1 that with hints on the game worked flawlessly, but with hints off I couldn't even pick up the first document that I was supposed to get.

19. Teagan

Teagan Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2011
    #719 Teagan, Oct 9, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2011
    You can't read the diary. I'm stuck at the same place if you read my earlier post. Let me know if you can get to the mines using the key and dragon ring in the cellar. I know it isn't me. It's a bug. It makes a noise, machine turns but no passage. I can't stand it!
    @Eric there are no hints to turn on and off haha that's why I was searching for a walkthrough.lmao it seems I am not alone. I figured they changed some things so didn't bother trying to mess w the diary. It's getting to the mines that everyone will have an issue with. Lol

@Paul lol I played Kate Arrow:) out of the new releases from BigFish, I enjoyed the sequel to dollhouse and drawn 2.

20. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Sorry, when I said "hints" all I meant was whether or not they showed icons when there was something to interact with or somewhere to move. I don't think any of these games have ever actually had "useful" hints :)