List Of Adventure Games (Part 2)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by PointOfLight, May 5, 2011.

1. Maslan266

Maslan266 Well-Known Member

Oct 14, 2017
    Unfortunately, let’s say a Veritas clone came to Apple Arcade (for example), kids who don’t spend money on apps would probably play that and think it’s amazing.

2. GlitchGames

GlitchGames Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2012
    Game Developer
    Oxford, UK
    At least they'd think it's amazing :)

3. GlitchGames

Feb 10, 2012
    Game Developer
    Oxford, UK
    Gambler likes this.
  4. brogmoid

brogmoid Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2015
    a series of tubes
    the south side of the sky
    Your pre-order for "Veritas" is now available

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

5. GlitchGames

Feb 10, 2012
    Game Developer
    Oxford, UK
  6. brogmoid

Jun 21, 2015
    a series of tubes
    I'm really enjoying Veritas so far! Seems like classic Glitch so far.

But: I have some gripes with how computer terminals are implemented in the game. I am playing on an iPad Air 2 fwiw.

1) Why are we using crappy 300 baud ascii terminals with fuzzy fonts and bad moire? It's painfully slow to get information out of these. I love retro tech where time-appropriate (think The Silent Age), but this is supposedly 2018. So I'd expect to see a time-appropriate terminal device -- preferably with a faster, sharper display and ability to scroll up/down.

2) There seems to be a bug where the longer I use a terminal, eventually the text starts being written higher and higher on the screen until I can't read it at all. I eventually see a blank screen with an input box at the bottom.

3) This game creates a nice atmosphere that draws me in! And then I use a terminal, and pow -- the bright white iOS standard keyboard appears for text entry. This really breaks down that great game illusion for me. I would rather have seen some kind of custom data entry widget, or even a touch interface -- this is 2018, after all.

Still love you though, Glitch!

Gambler likes this.
  7. GlitchGames

Feb 10, 2012
    Game Developer
    Oxford, UK
    #7167 GlitchGames, Feb 14, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2020
    Thanks for the feedback!

1. These terminals were chosen for reasons. It may end up being a bad decision, but there was method to the madness.
    2. Looking into this now. For now the best thing to do is back out of the terminal and return to it.
    3. We hope to be able to put in an update that will improve text input in the future.

And for anyone else that's unsure about checking out the game, here are some codes. More will follow soon:

NXH3LYWKMKYX
    REX6WP7NWEXJ
    KKL9RWLL46YR
    YTTRW99RKMFH
    4WWA3T6X6HA3

Gambler likes this.
  8. brogmoid

Jun 21, 2015
    a series of tubes
    Thanks guys for looking into #2. You're correct, backing out and returning to the terminal resets the issue.

Regarding #1 - I'm starting to get a sense of this, it seems this facility has been around for much longer than 2018!

9. David1953

David1953 Well-Known Member

May 26, 2013
    I used the second code from the bottom, the one beginning with YTT. Thank you kindly, and I look forward to playing the game and giving my evaluation

10. GlitchGames

Feb 10, 2012
    Game Developer
    Oxford, UK
    Thanks for letting me know, hope you like the game!

In case the rest are gone, here are some more codes:

6XWMETFAXRF4
    X4AY4YHHT4FR
    X3THXMARTE3T
    PKJXNLHMMWLJ
    YHRRJ9MXXKA3
    P66H6NKPNFP6
    JR4WPTF3FT9Y
    T439FA33693T
    3NXELMT6XNLW
    X9R337HN3MKE

Gambler likes this.
  11. Gambler

Gambler Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2014
    Gazorpazorp
    Hi Glitch Bros,

the game is really good, one of your best so far hope it sells!

I loved most of your games, guess A Short Tale has been my favorite so far but looks like Veritas is my new number one :)

Also got the same issue with the terminals that the text moves upwards the longer you use them.

And I also have another weird Glitch :) - Sometimes the game will state that it‘s backing up my save file but the pop up doesn‘t disappear and it also doesn‘t react on tapping Cancel, basically hanging the game. Luckily you can just restart and resume without any loss of progress - So it’s not that big of a deal but still suppose it wasn‘t intended that way. ;)

12. slack8182

slack8182 Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2017
    Took JR4WPTF3FT9Y. Thanks

13. elvis333

elvis333 Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2012
    I am still working my way through Veritas.... so far it has been great.... i keep getting stuck and having to take some time away to see if i can figure it out with fresh eyes.... and so far i have .... the challenge level for me has been nearly perfect.... i am really enjoying the game and will definitely leave a review when i finish.

Gambler likes this.
  14. GlitchGames

Feb 10, 2012
    Game Developer
    Oxford, UK
    Thank you! I hope it sells too :)

Yea not sure why the backup has such issues for some devices. You can turn them off in Settings > Backups. It seems to be mainly the photos being included in them ( which can be specifically disabled leaving backups on in if you want ) that is causing the problems.

Thanks for letting us know, hope you like it!

We always spend a long time trying to balance the puzzles in our games, one reason why they take so long to come out, but we don't always hit the mark. I'm glad to hear that we may have done it right this time around!

15. PointOfLight

PointOfLight Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Just thought I'd stop in and say Hi. Still don't have a new iOS device, so I really don't have much of a clue what's going on in this world these days. I did get to play a couple of older games on my Android phone ( Escape Lala part 1 and Bluebird of Happiness), both of which are available on iOS and worth playing if for some reason you haven't already. Otherwise I've been pretty well absent on the adventure game front, as I don't get lots of consistent time to devote to a single game any more. Still, it was great to see Veritas released, and hopefully there will be more coming.

16. Gambler

Mar 10, 2014
    Gazorpazorp
    Who are you? ;) I have a vague feeling that I’ve seen you before a long time ago :D

17. Gambler

Mar 10, 2014
    Gazorpazorp
    On a more serious note, cool to see you dropping in. Pity you still don’t have a newer iOS device (still on my iPad Pro 2015 myself, bounds newer than a 2 of course but then time flies, especially with these devices and I also don’t see myself getting a newer one for another couple of years).

Hope you get a new/newer used model one of these days. You are and were the lifeblood and very essential to this thread.

Even though PnC releases on mobile have dried up quite a bit and the appshopper site has become quite useless to search for new (adventure/premium) releases - which makes it hard to search for, find and post about new adventure releases - it would always be great to have you back full-time.

Until then, happy Android adventuring :) At least on Android you have a lot of great emulators for old school PnCs available.

18. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    I'd love to at least have a device that can update to iOS 13, even if it's one of the oldest ones. Of course it would be nicer to get one that I didn't have to worry about replacing a year after I bought it, but beggars can't be choosers. Thankfully it looks like the newer non-pro iPad models are actually decently priced, so maybe one is in the cards some day after all.

Appreciate the kind words. Adventure gaming has always been a particular passion of mine within the realm of gaming as a whole, and it would be great to get back into it with more consistency again. Even on my Android I find myself spending more time with casual games these days. Not really sure a casual adventure game would work too well, though :)

19. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Not sure if this one has been mentioned before, but Argh! Earthlings! is currently on sale for 99 cents as part of the "trapped in a pandemic" sale.

20. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Ran across another one I wasn't familiar with, A Case Of Distrust, which as of me posting this reply was currently free.