List Of Adventure Games (Part 2)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by PointOfLight, May 5, 2011.

1. PointOfLight

PointOfLight Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    In case anyone's interested: Worse Than Death

ip4weather likes this.
  2. morrissey

morrissey Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2014
    I check this thread every few days in hopes of some new adventure games...I agree these games are few and far between these days...so sad as this is my favorite iOS genre. I’ve already played Meridian 157 and it’s decent, but short, hopefully more chapters will arrive soon! Thanks for the rec!

3. David1953

David1953 Well-Known Member

May 26, 2013
    I agree, short, but very enjoyable, and it looks very promising for future episodes. I'm going to admit that there was one puzzle that stumped me, since the clue for it was a bit tricky, and I had to resort to a walkthrough. Even the walk through called that puzzle "annoying".

morrissey likes this.
  4. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
  5. elvis333

elvis333 Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2012
    I had the same experience.... could not figure out one puzzle and the answer is something i probably never would have figured out, just not how i would loon at that puzzle

6. podbud

podbud Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2010
    Just dropping in. It’s all very quiet compared to the days when we’d all be madly referring to great games we loved and played. Maybe it’s because there’s a distinct lack of great games.

I know Glitch is working on Veritas and that’s due soonish. Fire Maple...well we had Thickety Creek.

Sometimes I wish I knew how to develop as what with all the playing I’ve done and community input I’d hope I’d come up with something grand.

Anyhoo...just dropping in as sometimes I travel back in time to the first pages of this thread just in case I missed a game.

7. Gambler

Gambler Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2014
    Gazorpazorp
    I agree. Just gotta look in the TA Top Games list - Can‘t even remember the last time there was a PnC adventure in there (Grim Fandango Remastered maybe?). Premium games have a tough time anyway and seems that those who still do premium gaming on mobile massively tend to roguelites/likes, RPGs, card games and the like. And maybe the odd puzzler now and then.

PnCs you can only find with a magnifying glass anymore. Last haven for point‘n‘click adventures is the PC nowadays. Alas also only with a handful of good releases every year but the situation is definitely more healthy than on mobile (especially iOS).

On Android you can fire up ScummVM or other emulators at least and play classics like Gabriel Knight II. Thanks to Apple‘s walled garden policy that‘s impossible on iOS though, nowadays even Jailbreaks don‘t help much anymore with this thanks to JBs losing ground and devs not updating their apps anymore (ScummVM is still 1.9 and only really works on 32bit devices here). My only consolation is that times have to get worse before they‘ll get better.

I hope I can post about some great iOS adventure releases soon again, but in the meantime, if you‘re itching for good Point‘n‘Clicks and play on PC every now and then I can recommend this thread: https://www.neogaf.com/threads/adventure-games-thread-2019-the-liveliest-dead-genre-there-ever-was.1470985/page-8

Recently Guard Duty for PC was released, a pretty good adventure and a love letter to the classics. I‘m looking most forward to Gibbous - A Cthulu Adventure though, an amazing looking adventure years in the making. From everything I’ve seen so far, the title certainly has potential to become a classic and it’s finally done: Release date 7th August 2019 (for PC of course, I hope sales are good and they‘ll release for mobile down the line)

8. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Sadly, this is probably going to get even worse with Apple Arcade, because I struggle to believe that there's any way a PnC or Glitch style adventure game would be at all profitable in a "one size fits all" subscription environment. But I'm sure we'll get our fill of MOBAs and Candy Crush wannabes :(

9. elvis333

elvis333 Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2012
    the frustrating thing is that i am sure that there are enough people owning ios devices that would be willing to pay 5 measly bucks or so for a good pnc game to keep developers well enough compensated to keep making more games. however it is very hard for developers to reach their niche with the endless piles of crap apps out there.... or for consumers to find quality from those that are trash.

10. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    It's all really sad, but you know the mobile ecosystem is broke when companies like Nintendo stoop to games like Super Mario Run and Dr. Mario World rather than trying to elevate the platforms back to where they need to be. I'd like to say this will all cave in on and then finally correct itself one day, but I have a bad feeling that only the first half of that will come true. As has been mentioned before, at least we still have our desktops for now.

11. morrissey

morrissey Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2014
  12. DuckbearLab

DuckbearLab Member

May 22, 2018
    Hey guys!
    After a long year of development we are happy to finally release the second part of our Retro Point and Click Adventure games series, Escape Lala 2 :)

Escape Lala 2 - Retro Point and Click Adventure

Our beloved princess is missing… What happened? Discover the world of Escape Lala 2, solve mysteries, uncover secrets and bring back peace and order to the world.

[​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG]

It is full of charming handcrafted pixel-art graphics and musics, and it contains puzzles with magical twists that take inspiration from classic point-and-click adventure games.

We'd really appreciate if you could leave reviews, it means a lot to us ❤
    Please tell us what you think of the game!

Steam:
    https://store.steampowered.com/app/1079450/Escape_Lala_2__Retro_Point_and_Click_Adventure/

App Store:
    https://apps.apple.com/us/app/escape-lala-2/id1447357938

Google Play:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.duckbearlab.escapelala2premium

And now the first Escape Lala is available for free!
    https://duckbearlab.com/escape-lala/

Gambler likes this.
  13. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Nice! Not sure how I missed this before, but I'm downloading the first one now. So what is the IAP?

14. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    So one of the suggested apps I saw when looking up Escape LaLa was this one: Dark Things. Not sure how long it's been around, but it looks pretty sweet.

15. Gambler

Mar 10, 2014
    Gazorpazorp
    Leisure Suit Larry: Wet Dreams Don’t Dry

Very good Adventure, finally out for iOS too. Challenging, long playing time, funny. For me only the ending fell flat a little compared to the high quality rest of the game but you got hours upon hours to get there at first.

And btw, Gibbous is finally coming out on Wednesday (PC) too. Been looking forward to this for a long time now, hope it will be as great as looks from its screenshots (especially after having been a bit disappointed with Trüberbrook and Guard Duty)

16. ip4weather

ip4weather Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2012
    can we expect Gibbous on ios or android?

17. Gambler

Mar 10, 2014
    Gazorpazorp
    I’d suppose so. Larry or Darkestville Castle both made it to iOS despite having sold pretty badly on PC.

So I’m sure it’s just a matter of time until they’ll port it to mobile.

18. Gambler

Mar 10, 2014
    Gazorpazorp
    #7138 Gambler, Aug 7, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2019
    Btw, if you‘re as impatient as me (by not wanting to wait probably at least another year for a mobile or Switch release), have a PC and don‘t mind playing at home you can still play the game on mobile (iPad or iPhone) by installing Moonlight or Steam Link and streaming the game onto your device. Doing the same with Gibbous on my iPad right at this moment :)

Edit: Screenshot of Gibbous on iPad with Moonlight ;)

[​IMG]

It's possible to play with touch controls but it's better with mouse and keyboard - Especially because there's no touch command for the hotspot function (spacebar).

ip4weather likes this.
  19. ip4weather

ip4weather Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2012