List Of Adventure Games (Part 2)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by PointOfLight, May 5, 2011.

1. Gambler

Gambler Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2014
    Gazorpazorp
    #7101 Gambler, Mar 31, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2019
    Some of you who read this thread perhaps know that I recommended Darkestville Castle already at least twice for PC here. Great that they made an iOS port, was afraid they wouldn't after (undeservedly) weak sales on Steam.

The game is absolutely great. Classic PnC in the vein of Lucas Arts, puzzles great balance, very funny throughout. One of my most favorite Point and Clicks made during the last years.

Despite having played through the game twice on PC already, just bought it again for iOS to support the devs.

Gaberino likes this.
  2. Gambler

Mar 10, 2014
    Gazorpazorp
    Photographs - Puzzle Story

Some kind of story driven puzzle adventure from the creators of 10000000 and You Must Build A Boat. Very well received!

3. elvis333

elvis333 Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2012
    The game Broken Sword 5 came out awhile ago, but I finally deleted all of my photos and had room for it on my device. This is a really good broken sword game that i totally recommend. if you havent played the series, I would get the first one and work your way up. It is a point and click adventure series which tries to be very cinematic. the dialogue is full sound, there are occasional cut scenes and the plot is usually kind of like the da vinci code. I am a big fan of the series because the stories and the production makes it engrossing. it definitely has its own flavor though and can be slow at times and sometimes may have a ridiculous puzzle.

Broken Sword 5 by Revolution
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/broken-sword-5/id720656825?mt=8

4. PointOfLight

PointOfLight Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Yeah, I remember the first Broken Sword very fondly. It was the first game I ever gave a 10/10 score to.

5. elvis333

Jun 12, 2012
    You should definitely check out broken sword 5..... if u can find the space in your device, it really is in the same caliber as broken sword 1. i loved broken sword 1 also - it is one of my favorites of all time!

6. Gambler

Mar 10, 2014
    Gazorpazorp
    I mostly agree. For me the first Broken Sword was a bit too low on puzzles (second part even more ... And 3 and 4 should better be forgotten :) ) - Story (of part 1) was the main selling point imo.

Luckily part 5 went back to the roots of the series - plus luckily with a few more (challenging) puzzles - and of all Broken Sword titles I like it by far the most.

7. Gambler

Mar 10, 2014
    Gazorpazorp
    STONE

Looked more infos about the game up on Steam. Apparently not big on puzzles, more of an interactive story kind of game. But looks funny at least, may give it a shot.

8. Gambler

Mar 10, 2014
    Gazorpazorp
    Distraint 2

Well worth looking into, remember enjoying part 1.

ip4weather likes this.
  9. Gambler

Mar 10, 2014
    Gazorpazorp
    Whispers Of a Machine

Came out for PC the same time but about 2/3s cheaper on iOS. Classic Point'n'Click with a few cool extra ideas - Very well received nearly everywhere around.

10. Gambler

Mar 10, 2014
    Gazorpazorp
    7th Guest: Remastered

Game looks pretty cool. Never played the original but that one seems to be a beloved title itself. Was in the TA hot games list for a few days but guess I‘d mention it here for future generations :)

11. Gambler

Mar 10, 2014
    Gazorpazorp
    #7111 Gambler, Apr 19, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2019
    And a big thumbs up to Whispers of a Machine - It’s very, very good. Imo at the very least one of the best Point’n’Click releases this year so far. The light RPG elements are very cool and add an interesting extra layer to the gaming experience.

Btw, the game is from the same devs who made the already very enjoyable Kathy Rain - And Whispers is even better. Very recommended!

Edit: Game started better than it ended. The story got pretty rushed in the end, puzzles were more well thought out in the first half too. Still recommending the title - Made more of a good first than a good lasting impression though.

Gaberino likes this.
  12. Gambler

Mar 10, 2014
    Gazorpazorp
    My Brother Rabbit

Has been out for PC and console for a while even though it‘s by Artifex Mundi of all devs. Have never touched the game so far cause it‘s apparently pretty short. Has quite a few positive reviews though.

13. Gambler

Mar 10, 2014
    Gazorpazorp
    #7114 Gambler, Apr 23, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2019
    Agatha Knife

Game looks similar to MechaNika which is a pretty cool - but rather weird - adventure from a few years ago. Both games look cute but seem to have rather adult, even a little sick themes, so play at your own risk :)

Edit: Seems like this is the unofficial successor to MechaNika (with a different protagonist). By the looks of Agatha the similarities to MechaNika were already too extremely similar to be from another dev but seems there has been a name change between 2015 and now (MechaNika has Mango Protocol as seller, while Agatha Knife has Plug in Digital - Looking again both have copyright by Mango though).

I played MechaNika and the game is really one of a kind storywise - If positively or negatively lies is the eyes of the beholder I guess ... Found the puzzles to have a very good balance back then and from what I’ve played from Agatha the standard seems similar, so definitely a thumbs up there.

Both games aren’t for the faint-hearted though. Iirc MechaNika already had a pretty sick theme (little girl wanting to blow up everybody) but Agatha Knife is even crazier, to put it nicely (little girl working in a butcher’s shop which is sad her animal victims are afraid of her before she puts them down ...).

Wonder what’s in the head of the dev of both games to come up with such ideas :D but only regarding the adventure game mechanics I can wholeheartedly recommend Agatha Knife (and MechaNika for that matter). The themes are rather matters of personal taste though and I’m pretty sure some people might find them rather off-putting or even offensive.

The rest of us are definitely in for two enjoyable and very unusual point’n’click adventures though.

14. Gaberino

Gaberino Member

Feb 17, 2019
    Male
    Thanks for sharing this. Not finished yet but highly enjoyable!

Gambler likes this.
  15. Gambler

Mar 10, 2014
    Gazorpazorp
    Odysseus Kosmos Episode 4 just got released.

The dev is really very reliable. On PC all 5 episodes have already been released. Guess we‘ll have the final iOS episode in about 2 months (for anybody who‘ll rather wait for the full game).

16. PointOfLight

PointOfLight Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Looks like things have been pretty quiet around here again for a while. And I also see that I have apparently stopped getting notifications from TA as well. Anyway, this is a bit late notice since there's just over a week left, but for the budding adventure game developers out there: http://jams.gamejolt.io/advjam2019. One of these days I might actually get back to posting about playing adventure games again :)

morrissey likes this.
  17. David1953

David1953 Well-Known Member

May 26, 2013
    I don't know whether anyone is still reading this thread these days, with no posts in 4 weeks, but this one looks to be half decent and has good reviews. It's free with no ads as well. It's getting rarer and rarer to see good adventures released on iOS anymore.

Meridian 157: Prologue by NovaSoft Interactive Ltd
    https://apps.apple.com/ca/app/meridian-157-prologue/id1470338632

Gambler likes this.
  18. elvis333

Jun 12, 2012
    Thanks, I am definitely going to check this game out!

19. ip4weather

ip4weather Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2012
    "Worse than death"is must have game...