List Of Adventure Games (Part 2)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by PointOfLight, May 5, 2011.

1. PointOfLight

PointOfLight Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    CANE - Chapter 1: Ghosts is currently free. It's actually a couple of years old, but I hadn't heard of it until just now (or at least I don't remember it).

2. AdoreGames

AdoreGames Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2015
    UK
  3. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Thanks for the contribution. Don't recognize the moniker - you new to these parts or have you just been quiet for a while?

4. Gambler

Gambler Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2014
    Gazorpazorp
  5. Gaberino

Gaberino Member

Feb 17, 2019
    Male
    Hey everyone,

Thanks for all the recommendations over the years. This is the first time posting but I’m constantly on here reading this forum. I’ve used many of everyones recommendations and thought it was time to contribute myself from time to time. Can’t find many new ones lately besides
    Jonny Bonasera 3. Thought it was a little shorter than the last 2 but still not a bad game.

https://itunes.apple.com/tt/app/johnny-bonasera-3/id1444482089?mt=8&ign-mpt=uo%3D2

Gambler likes this.
  6. Gambler

Mar 10, 2014
    Gazorpazorp
    Great to have you! As you say, it‘s gotten harder to find good adventures (especially on mobile) nowadays so every contribution is welcome :)

New PnC adventure: Lifting Journey

Released 2 weeks ago, only 99c. Haven‘t tried it so far and very little info to find about the game (it’s only available on iOS after all and very few sites report about Point‘n‘Clicks on mobile anymore) but the screenshots look interesting at least.

Gaberino likes this.
  7. Gambler

Mar 10, 2014
    Gazorpazorp
    #7087 Gambler, Feb 18, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2019
    Not much happening atm in the mobile adventure genre. Guess I'll start replaying The Journey Down. Hope Odysseus Kosmos episode 4 gets released for iOS soon.

8. Gaberino

Gaberino Member

Feb 17, 2019
    Male
    Well, nothing new to contribute today. I’m not one to replay a game much, however, I came across “Bik- A Space Adventure” and did replay it. I’m sure most of you played it at this point but if you haven’t, please do. Old retro look adventure, nice touch of comedy and a pretty long game. I enjoyed it even the second time.

http://toucharcade.com/link/http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/id874938726?mt=8

Gambler likes this.
  9. Gaberino

Gaberino Member

Feb 17, 2019
    Male
  10. Gaberino

Gaberino Member

Feb 17, 2019
    Male
    Games bad. Sorry for the recommendation. That’s why you pay for games.

11. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Not always true. The first act of The Silent Age was free, and that was an extremely well done game. So what's bad about this one?

Gaberino likes this.
  12. Gaberino

Gaberino Member

Feb 17, 2019
    Male
    Yes, Silent Age was indeed a fine game. Most of the recent adventure type games I’ve played that were free, weren’t very good. However, of course you can occasionally find a good one.

Lost adventure isn’t one of them. Bad controls, odd storyline and boring. Not my style but try it out.

Gambler likes this.
  13. Gambler

Mar 10, 2014
    Gazorpazorp
    Thanks for keeping this thread updated by posting.

I didn't know Bik so please feel free to add some other suggestions you've played in the past and may think are noteworthy - Definitely can't hurt :)

Gaberino likes this.
  14. Gambler

Mar 10, 2014
    Gazorpazorp
  15. Gaberino

Gaberino Member

Feb 17, 2019
    Male

An adventure game that I really enjoyed playing last year was Congnition. It’s not rated great but I think it’s more due to the controls being a bit rough. There are 4 episodes total and each one fairly long.
    Try it out if you haven’t!

http://itunes.apple.com/app/cognition-episode-1/id598738593?uo=5&at=1l3vbvV&ct=ProductPage

Attached Files:

Gambler likes this.
  16. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    I've only played part of the first episode, but I really liked what I had the chance to play. The whole "cognition" concept was interesting.

Gaberino likes this.
  17. Gaberino

Gaberino Member

Feb 17, 2019
    Male
    I for sure recommend that you play the other episodes. The story gets very interesting, with many twists. And like you said, the whole cognition concept is very interesting. Very original.

18. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    I could be wrong, but I feel like at some point the series stopped working on my iPad 2. But, I do believe I own the whole thing for the PC, so maybe someday when the kids are gone I'll have time to play it (along with the thousands of other games in my collection) :)

Gaberino likes this.
  19. Maslan266

Maslan266 Well-Known Member

Oct 14, 2017
    Not a new game, but I’m currently playing The Hunt For The Lost Treasure and Im enjoying it a lot so far. Good graphics, challenging puzzles, and lots of places to explore.

20. Gaberino

Gaberino Member

Feb 17, 2019
    Male
    Gambler likes this.