List Of Adventure Games (Part 2)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by PointOfLight, May 5, 2011.

1. Teagan

Teagan Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2011
    Off to download now... How did I miss this?

2. PointOfLight

PointOfLight Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Yep, I knew who I was writing that post for :)

3. Teagan

Teagan Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2011
    Haha I started playing it but don't know or haven't seen any multiplayer aspects. It's not a great game so no need to wish you had an iPad :)
    I'm still wondering what happened to the sequel to Grisly Manor or the new game that the dev said was in the works.

Until then I will continue to rely on my Big Fish games bc they come out often lol

4. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    I didn't even realize there was a proposed sequel to Grisly Manor. I just kind of assumed that the new game was sort of like the "spiritual" sequel and that there wasn't actually going to be a Grisly Manor 2. The developer did post some new screen shots in the TA thread a week or so ago. I think it's just slow going for him because he's doing everything himself. I'm pretty sure most Big Fish games have more than one person on a project :)

5. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Anyone played Speed Escape: Chamber yet? Looks like an okay room escape game, and it's free right now.

6. Pepper2427

Pepper2427 Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
    I have tried it and quite enjoy it. Completed the easy versions with no problems but am stuck on the hard level.

Not playing many games at the moment as I have just started Lara Croft as it went on sale and I just couldn't resist. Even had to use credit from my other half's account (with permission of course) to buy it

7. Teagan

Teagan Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2011
    EXCUSE ME lol what happened to Chateau??? :)

I think I started that game and deleted it. I will have to check.

@Eric I may be referring to the new game by the dev of grisly manor. Not sure where I got the idea of a grisly manor 2. I thought he posted something last year saying it would be out soon??? Oh well.

8. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Man, you got me excited that I might have missed something :eek: Oh well, I don't care what he turns out, as long as he turns out something soon!

9. Teagan

Teagan Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2011
    Agree! I wish you would come up w a an amazing game I haven't played:rolleyes: haha actually I wish they would somehow incorporate Zork into a game for the iPad :D

10. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Forget "incorporating" it, they either need to just remake the first one with some great graphics or come up with a new installment in the franchise. I think the Underground Empire is due for a revival.

As for me, just you wait, Henry Higgins... oh never mind, wrong story. Anyway, if I ever get my act together and stop playing games so much, you never know what I might do. I am a programmer by trade, you know :D

11. Teagan

Teagan Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2011
    Well in the meantime, can u help me out w this escape room game please lol I can't stand the constant blinking. I have no clue whether to keep it on A, B or C (bmg) and I've only found a box, 3 white circles and 3 purple spades which I put on the cover of the box. I read the help and there is no "tools" button. I'm going to delete if i don't get help bc the swiping makes me sick to my stomach lol

12. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    I definitely help out if I had any idea what you were talking about, but I haven't actually played the game yet :) It's on my infinitely long "to play" list...

13. Teagan

Teagan Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2011
    Rats! Maybe that was pepper who said he finished it lol start playing it, I'm curious to see if you get further than 5 min without getting frustrated haha

14. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Actually that was Pepper. I'll load it up this weekend and see how it goes.

15. Teagan

Teagan Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2011
    I went to the app page to find the dev website and Low and behold.....an update popped up for it. Maybe this will help w my dilemma. Fingers crossed:)

16. Pepper2427

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
    #656 Pepper2427, Sep 30, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2011
    Yes it was me but the he is a she. You need to find all the spades and I found it was a case of clicking everywhere. Which one are you missing?

17. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    So far I've got three circles and two spades. What I don't get is that it looks like there is a circle on the one chair by the TV, yet whenever I click that chair I don't seem to get anything.

18. Pepper2427

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
    Was having problems with the chess puzzle so decided to leave it a while. It worked because I have just gone back to it and done it straight away. Made my eyes go a bit funny when every thing started to shake. Back on track now. Bust puzzle coming up

Lara Croft and Zelda games have always been my favourite

19. Pepper2427

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
    The circle on the chair is used in the harder version somehow but I haven't figured that out yet. You need 4 circles and 4 spades. Unfortunately you can't see them and it's a case of tapping everywhere. Which ones have you found?

20. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    I have the circle, triangle and square circles, and the south and east diamonds (if you're looking at the box lid).