List Of Adventure Games (Part 2)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by PointOfLight, May 5, 2011.

1. PointOfLight

PointOfLight Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Has anyone tried Little Laura: The Mystery? I don't normally download trial versions, but I decided to bend the rules with this one and I'm glad I did. Unless I'm missing something, this game is horribly buggy. It's hard to select anything. I did finally manage to get 3 inventory items (2 keys and something that I think was a bottle), but when I clicked on each of them in my inventory they disappeared never to be seen again. I then opened a door, went down some stairs and opened another door and was greeted by darkness, after which I could do nothing else. I don't even see a way to reset the game short of uninstalling / reinstalling it. I'm really disappointed, because the game actually looks pretty good.

2. Teagan

Teagan Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2011
    Didn't try that one but I tried three other new games. Lost Souls, which I think is the sequel to Doll House (BigFish), is terrific if I can get it to stop freezing on me:( I also tried Mysteryville (HOD) which I deleted bc the language translation was awful and the game was putting me to sleep. The last game I tried was gadget or something like that. I deleted it bc the controls were not user friendly and I was not in the mood for something that wasn't smooth. Lol

3. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    You just haven't had very much luck lately, have you? I'm actually kind of disappointed to hear about Mysteryville, because I was considering requesting that one for review. The other one you're talking about is iGadget, which I also had on my list. Now I don't know what to do :confused:

I tried the Little Laura demo again, and I think the biggest problem is that the programmers are sloppy. It turns out that I apparently lost the inventory items because I used them - the game just never told me that I actually used them. The game also somehow magically reset on me between my two times playing it, so I was able to start from the beginning to test the inventory thing. I still think there's a problem, though, because once I get through the second door the screen goes black (pretty much literally) and no matter where I tap I hear a creaking sound but nothing seems to happen. All in all I would not recommend this game to anyone.

4. paul.hendricks

paul.hendricks Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2009
    State of Confusion!!
    Mysteryville was making me nuts with it's touch mechanic-it would penalize me for moving the zoomed in screen. I haven't launched it recently, but Nevosoft had another HdO called Magic Academy that might be all right.

5. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    I actually have Magic Academy but haven't had the chance to play it yet. I'm kind of scared to after hearing about Mysteryville :(

6. Pepper2427

Pepper2427 Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
    I tried the igadget lite version. Very Myst like but not a lot of doing, if you know what I mean. I don't know if it improves but I don't want to fork out anything if it is always quite slow and boring

7. Teagan

Teagan Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2011
    Agree! That along w the terrible translation prompted me to delete. Not to mention lack of excitement:)

I just finished Stray Souls and really enjoyed it. I had to close the app and remove it from the task bar a couple times due to freezing but at least it kept track of my progress. I would recommend this for sure.

IGadget was slow and boring. As I mentioned, the controls were terrible. You couldn't access certain areas of the room unless you were facing a certain direction. It took me forever to get into the bathroom in the first scene lol

8. Teagan

Teagan Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2011
    #628 Teagan, Sep 24, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2011
    Anyone try Roombreak? I'm about to try lite version. I'll let you all know my thoughts...

SKIP IT:)

9. Pepper2427

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
    I have tried Roombreak. Got through the tutorial and am now stuck on level 4 of the free room but I am enjoying it

10. Teagan

Teagan Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2011
    I couldn't get past tutorial. It froze on me.

11. Pepper2427

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
    Diamond Penthouse Escape 2 has just been released. I have quite enjoyed all of these games

12. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    I finally started playing them a weekend or two ago, and what I like about them is that while they are short, there is in incredible amount of puzzles, so it's hard to feel gypped by the brief play time. Doesn't hurt that they are free, either :)

13. LazyGamer

LazyGamer Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2011
    Kiel, Germany
    I am in the mood for a dark lovecraftian point & click (not hidden object) adventure, anything I could try?

14. Teagan

Teagan Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2011
    Terrific! I love these! So this is another "penthouse"? They currently have a penthouse so I hope it's a "new" penthouse:)

15. Pepper2427

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
    Yes it is a brand new penthouse and as good as all the previous ones

16. Teagan

Teagan Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2011
    #636 Teagan, Sep 28, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2011
    It's penthouse 2! The sequel lol finished it! Wish there were more!

17. Pepper2427

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
    Dracula Resurrection and Versailles 2 - all parts are now all reduced to 69p

18. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    I noticed this earlier this morning. I put off buying Versailles 2 because I didn't want to have parts 2 & 3 without 1, but now that they are all on sale I'll probably pick them up. Has anyone played the game yet?

I tried a couple last night: The Goblin Forest, which is a choose your own adventure style game, was really boring. Of course, it's hard to be exciting when it's just plain CYOA instead of having combat like the Gamebook Adventure series, but I didn't even think the writing or choices were all that thrilling. I also tried Valley Of The Kings, which while technically a maze game has adventure elements because you actually collect an inventory. I think this one could have been interesting, but I didn't like the controls. Definitely not for those looking for a deep plot, however.

19. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Once again I'm too lazy to add links, but here's a full list of adventure games from Microids on sale this weekend:

- Nostradamus The Last Prophecy - Part 1 (iPhone) : only $0.99 instead of $3.99
    - Nostradamus The Last Prophecy - Part 2 (iPhone) : only $0.99 instead of $3.99

- Egypt The Prophecy Part 1 (iPhone) : only $0.99 instead of $1.99
    - Egypt The Prophecy - Part 2 (iPhone) : only $0.99 instead of $1.99
    - Egypt The Prophecy - Part 3 (iPhone) : only $0.99 instead of $1.99

- Egypt The Prophecy – Part 1 HD (iPad) : only $0.99 instead of $2.99
    - Egypt The Prophecy – Part 2 HD (iPad) : only $0.99 instead of $1.99
    - Egypt The Prophecy – Part 3 HD (iPad) : only $0.99 instead of $1.99

- Dracula The Path of the Dragon – Part 1 HD (iPad) : only $0.99 instead of $3.99
    - Dracula The Path of the Dragon – Part 2 HD (iPad) : only $0.99 instead of $3.99
    - Dracula The Path of the Dragon – Part 3 HD (iPad) : only $0.99 instead of $3.99

- Amerzone: The Explorer's Legacy - Part 1 (iPhone/iPad) : only $0.99 instead of $1.99
    - Amerzone: The Explorer's Legacy - Part 2 (iPhone/iPad) : only $0.99 instead of $2.99
    - Amerzone: The Explorer's Legacy - Part 3 (iPhone/iPad) : only $0.99 instead of $2.99

- Dracula: Resurrection - Part 1 (iPhone) : only $0.99 instead of $3.99
    - Dracula: Resurrection - Part 2 (iPhone) : only $0.99 instead of $3.99
    - Dracula: Resurrection - Part 3 (iPhone) : only $0.99 instead of $3.99

- Dracula: Resurrection - Part 1 HD (iPad) : only $0.99 instead of $4.99
    - Dracula: Resurrection - Part 2 HD (iPad) : only $0.99 instead of $4.99
    - Dracula: Resurrection - Part 3 HD (iPad) : only $0.99 instead of $4.99

- Versailles 2 - Part 1 (iPhone) : only $0.99 instead of $3.99
    - Versailles 2 - Part 2 (iPhone) : only $0.99 instead of $3.99
    - Versailles 2 - Part 3 (iPhone) : only $0.99 instead of $3.99

- Versailles 2 - Part 1 HD (iPad) :eek:nly $0.99 instead of $4.99
    - Versailles 2 - Part 2 HD (iPad) :eek:nly $0.99 instead of $4.99
    - Versailles 2 - Part 3 HD (iPad) : only $0.99 instead of $4.99

20. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    I don't know if this was brought up in this thread yet or not, but last week a game called Forgotten Castle was released for the iPad. It's a hidden object game, but somehow it has multi-player aspects to it! It's free, so those of you with iPads should give it a try and let the rest of us know how it is.