List Of Adventure Games (Part 2)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by PointOfLight, May 5, 2011.

1. PointOfLight

PointOfLight Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Dracula Resurrection Parts 2 & 3 for both iPhone and iPad are on sale for 99 cents apiece right now. Unfortunately part one isn't, but if you don't care how the story starts you can get a pretty good deal on the rest of it :) Here's a link to the developer page on iTunes: Microids

2. Pepper2427

Pepper2427 Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
    Just downloading them now, thanks.

There is a new Big Fish game out : Dark Tales Edgar Allan 's Murders in the Rue Morgue

3. Teagan

Teagan Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2011
    Thanks, I got both of them along w downloading new BF game. Funny bc I asked the Dev of Dracula if there would be a sale soon 2 days ago:) have you played the first one? Do I need to go in order?

4. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Wow, I think that's one of the longest titles for an adventure game I've seen on the iPhone :) Added to the list.

5. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    I haven't played them yet, but I'd imagine if it's anything like Path Of The Dragon then order is important for story but not necessary otherwise. It's basically one game hacked into three parts, just like most of their other games are.

6. Teagan

Teagan Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2011
    I broke down and got the full version of this:eek: I really enjoy it so far bc it's more adventure vs HO. Actually a perfect mix. I'll keep you guys updated:)

7. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Actually, I really wasn't expecting any hidden object aspects at all. I'm pretty sure it's from the same series as Path Of The Dragon (if I'm not mistaken, this trilogy is part one, where Path Of The Dragon was part 3).

8. Teagan

Teagan Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2011
    ??? Now you have me lost. There are HO scenes but they are short and sweet:) so this is related to path of the dragon? Is that out for iPad?

9. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Here's a link to Path Of The Dragon part 1: iTunes

Here's a Wikipedia article: Dracula: Resurrection

This was originally a 3 part series on the PC. Resurrection was part 1, Path Of The Dragon was part 3, and part 2 hasn't been released for iOS devices yet. When they brought them over to iOS they just decided to split each part into 3 sub-parts.

10. Teagan

Teagan Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2011
    Gotcha, however the BG game has nothing to do w Dracula. Thus, I'm again confused.

Hold it: have you been referring to the resurrection of Dracula this entire time? Bc I've been referring to the new big fish game lol

11. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Doh! :eek::eek::eek: I guess I should pay more attention when I'm responding to the thread! Anyway, I've played one of the Edgar Allen Poe games on my PC (don't remember if it was this one or not), and I remember really enjoying it. And yes, I was talking about Dracula: Resurrection the whole time. Please forgive my confusion :rolleyes:

12. TheMoonwalls

TheMoonwalls Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2010
  13. Teagan

Teagan Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2011
    Moon- have you played the secret of chateau Moreau ?

14. TheMoonwalls

TheMoonwalls Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2010
    I have it, somewhere in my iPhone, but I can't find enough free time to play it :)

15. hmm.. cool games.. i will try to download one..

16. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    So I know it's a slightly older one, but I just got around to playing Scarlett and the Spark Of Life today. Great game! Funny, the puzzles are actually all possible without help, and the story's silly but pretty decent. It almost feels like something that Roberta Williams might have written. I highly recommend it.

17. Teagan

Teagan Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2011
    It's on my wish list but I'm not sure they make an HD version.

I finished Rue Morgue which was excellent. Unfortunately there was a glitch that prevented me from moving forward. I did hard reset, reinstall, etc and eventually had to start over but it worked. I played the game straight through to avoid getting the glitch lol I would put the iPad down but leave the game open. Yes, I was determined. Anyway, it was a nice change of pace w the perfect balance of puzzles and HOs.

18. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    I just checked my Big Fish Games purchase history, and that is the Edgar Allen Poe game I bought for the PC. That's actually one of the few on the PC that I've taken the time to finish over the past couple of years, and it was a lot of fun. Guess I can save myself the money on the iOS version though :)

19. PnExT

PnExT Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2011
    Big Fish Games is the best company for me,many awesome games...

20. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    The Tales Of Monkey Island series for iPad is on sale for 2.99 apiece right now. Here's a link to Telltale's main page: Telltale iTunes. I wish they'd make these for the iPhone.