List Of Adventure Games (Part 2)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by PointOfLight, May 5, 2011.

1. PointOfLight

PointOfLight Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    I'm sorry you feel this way. Hopefully you'll stick with us, though.

Appreciate it. I've been an adventure game fan for a long time (back when text parsers were cool!), so this list was quite a find for me, and I hated to see it fade away. I trust I'm doing some justice to it, at least :)

2. GamerAdi

GamerAdi Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2010
    Maybe I expressed myself wrong - I think that previous list is better only because it doesn't have HOGs. Your list is better in any other way - for example because of the categories (like First Person Adventure). Excuse me for that :)

3. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    No worries. Guess I did misunderstand a bit, but all is clear now!

4. Pepper2427

Pepper2427 Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
    Alabama Smith in Escape from Pompeii

Natalie Brooks : Secrets of Treasure House

5. Coldar

Coldar Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2008
    Upstate NY/USA
    The categories within this thread are great and reason for the inclusion of what is an adventure game to some or not to others and as mentioned earlier that no one has to see them but only by clicking onto them. So not fully understanding the "just hardcore adventure" preference issue.
    As for being a "hardcore" adventure player" I find that rather questionable. Hardcore doesn't necessarily mean just one persons personal preference. I could label myself hardcore simply by how many hogs and time invested into them. Again its all subjective and simply not catered to anyone's personal preference.

6. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Done.

Done.

And Done :)

The first two finally showed up (they actually might have already been there, but I think Apple's search functionality was behaving badly for me).

7. Pepper2427

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
  8. GamerAdi

Nov 8, 2010
    Those games Eric (Destination, Escape, Alabama, and Natalie), are not Universal, maybe you should change this? :)

9. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    They all say they work for both iPhone and iPad. That's different then being universal then, I take it?

10. GamerAdi

Nov 8, 2010
    #50 GamerAdi, Jun 9, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2011
    If game is universal it has a "+" sign, and it has screenshots for both iPhone and iPad, also it has both graphics in iPhone and iPad resolution.

Here is an example of Universal game: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/superbrothers-sword-sworcery/id424912055?mt=8

You can see "+" under the Icon.

P.S. You should also change Escape From Laville.

11. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    You know, I know that by now - not really sure what I was thinking. I guess the difference is that a game that just says it will work on the iPad means it's not a native iPad application. Thanks for the heads up.

12. GamerAdi

Nov 8, 2010
    Also Eric - Cop - the case of the cloned beauty queen is Universal, and Escape from LaVille is iPhone.

13. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Fixed both. I thought I might have messed up LaVille, and Cop was marked iPhone simply because I took that one from the original list, and I just marked all of them on the original list as iPhone (which means there are probably others in error as well). If I get a chance I'll go through them all again and correct them as necessary, but in the mean time please keep posting corrections when you come across them. This goes for anyone, as a matter of fact. Thanks!

14. Pepper2427

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
    Lechuza - horror point and click is out on iPhone

15. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Added. I had the iPad version on my list, but either I missed it for some reason or the iPhone version was not out when I added the iPad one.

16. Pepper2427

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
    No you didn't mss it. From what I understand the iPad version was a big hit so they brought out the iPhone version

17. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Have you tried it yet? I was wondering if I should give it a shot or not. Seems pretty cool and I like the old school look.

18. GamerAdi

Nov 8, 2010
    The story is pretty poor, and the entire game is very short (30 min max), but you can try it. I can recommend you "All Fridges Are Psychotic" (very old school), "The Train Episode 01" (very nice story), "West Wing Escape" (not really a classic adventure, but I enjoyed it), "Dr.Stanley's House 2" (I think it's free now). I'm talking of course about indie games. I'm sure that you already played "Broken Sword", or "Beneath a Steel Sky".
    There are much more nice games (like "1112", "Hector" etc. but I think that you also already played them).

19. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Actually, unless I have a game slated for review it's sad but likely that I haven't played it. In this case I actually do own every one you've mentioned except Hector, but I've haven't played Fridges, The Train or West Wing Escape yet. Personally I didn't care for Dr. Stanley's House 2, Beneath A Steel Sky or 1112, but there's a good chance that I didn't give any of those a fair chance yet. Broken Sword is an awesome game (the Pocket PC port was the first game I gave a perfect 10 to). My two most recent ventures are City Of Streets and Scarlett And The Spark Of Life, and I've enjoyed what I've played of both of those so far.

20. GamerAdi

Nov 8, 2010
    #60 GamerAdi, Jun 13, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2011
    "Beneath A Steel Sky" is a classic! Every adventure fan should play it :) It's one of the best adventure games ever made.
    "City of Secrets" you mentioned, is being sold as a game for younger children in Poland :) It's based on a very famous cartoon character Reksio. You can find info about this game and this character here:
    http://forums.toucharcade.com/showpost.php?p=1648209&postcount=16
    http://forums.toucharcade.com/showpost.php?p=1649381&postcount=21
    http://forums.toucharcade.com/showpost.php?p=1652326&postcount=27