List Of Adventure Games (Part 2)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by PointOfLight, May 5, 2011.

1. PointOfLight

PointOfLight Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Rosecliff isn't the greatest in terms of story, but you can't beat it for content. There are 25 items to find with 3-4 rooms of hidden objects per item, if I remember correctly. I'm still not done with that one yet :)

My understanding is that as long as you make sure you download the free w/ IAP version, you should be able to recover the IAP without paying again. I think it works like a normal re-download where you go to "pay" for it and a message pops up saying you already own it and do you want to redownload. Of course I've never tried it, so I'm just guessing here.

The bigger question is whether or not you can still get your hands on the IAP version of the game you want. I don't know if Big Fish takes down the IAP versions once the full versions are released, but that could be a problem. I thought that the latest versions of iTunes were supposed to provide a way for you to download old purchases even if they were no longer available on the App Store proper, but so far I haven't been able to figure that out. What I've gotten in the habit of doing (which I realize only works if you sync with iTunes) is backing up my purchases before I delete them. That way if I want to play again I can just grab the backup and reinstall that way. Of course I only do this for the games I really like.

2. wordddd

wordddd Active Member

Oct 12, 2010
    Anyone played Machinarium?? This game's pretty wicked!

3. playtinum

playtinum Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    Developer
    All those who got a promo code for
    The Spell Breaker Quest: A Prince Ivan Adventure
    and also those who have bought the game,

we are awaiting comments and feedback !

Also I have some more promo codes that I can give away ...so send me a message and grab those !!

4. Teagan

Teagan Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2011
    I just came here to post that! The graphics look incredible!!! Unfortunately it's only for ipad2. Are you still enjoying it?

5. Teagan

Teagan Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2011
    I've had issues w the game on the iPad. Directions are not clear, tasks and moving are very difficult. It seems to have a ton of glitches. I had to stop playing on two different occasions due to frustration. I usually will give a game two tries and wait to see what others say in case I missed something. However, I haven't seen any impressions that would entice me to try again.

6. Teagan

Teagan Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2011
    Escape from Laville is $0.99 (HD) I'm sure iPhone version is also but didn't check.

7. wordddd

wordddd Active Member

Oct 12, 2010
    Yes! It's a really cute and funny game! I found it to be a little difficult, but even so I think this is my favorite point and click game so far.

8. Teagan

Teagan Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2011
    Try The Secret of Chateau Moreau. It's addicting and quite clever. I started Machinarium to see how it played. I didn't understand the key game when you click "hint". I haven't gone far but hope to play more tomorrow:)

9. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    This game looks sweet. I really wish I had an iPad.

Anyway, on another note, I'm not sure how much I can take of this cliffhanger stuff with The Train. I finally finished episode 2, and once again it quit just as I was really getting engrossed in the story. Man I can't wait to see how this all plays out in part 3.

10. Teagan

Teagan Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2011
    Oh I can't wait for you to play Chateau Moreau! You will become hooked! I got Escape from Laville yesterday and there is a glitch preventing me from finishing the game!!! I checked a walkthrough to make sure I was doing the puzzle correct and sure enough, I was right on. This really irks me!!!!

11. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Anyone played Little Laura: The Mystery yet? It looks like a nice traditional adventure game with pretty sharp graphics.

12. Pepper2427

Pepper2427 Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
    Had to put my spending on hold for a while as I have really caned my itunes account lately but it is on my watch list for future reference.

Have you tried it?

13. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Not yet. I have to curb my spending for other reasons (mainly the roughly 300+ games I have waiting for me to review them yet). I would definitely love to try it, though.

For those that might not have it yet, the iPhone version of Shadow Doll is free right now.

14. Teagan

Teagan Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2011
    Shadow doll is now $.99. I'm going to look up that game you mentioned. I Finally finished Secret of Moreau. Well I still have more endings but I at least got to the end. This is officially the top game in the app store!

15. Teagan

Teagan Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2011
    You HAVE to play The Secret of Chateau Moreau! I couldn't put my iPad down for days. Only the iPhone version is out but it played well on the iPad!!! :D

16. Pepper2427

Pepper2427 Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
    I have got it installed and started it. Just got past the dinner party. I s it all like that with loads of talking? The first time I played it I died and had to go back to the beginning which put me off a bit but I have now saved it so shouldn't have to do that bit again

17. Teagan

Teagan Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2011
    #577 Teagan, Sep 14, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2011
    I couldn't stand it at first. There is a walkthrough in addition to a long thread on TA. Try giving diff answers at dinner. Also, make sure u search around and talk to everyone.

Oh, then you are now on ch 2. Search everywhere etc. No, the talking isn't bad. The dinner scenes are like a courtroom and depending on what you present or your answers, you will get a diff ending. Keep going, trust me that you won't be able to put it down once you get into it:)

18. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Other than the fact that I had to sit through the first dining room dialog twice (a skip option would have been nice), I actually found it a bit refreshing. One thing I've noticed is that most adventure games these days have very little dialog, and that was something I always enjoyed about older titles. Sadly, I still haven't had a chance to pick it up again since I finished chapter 1, but I'm really looking forward to getting back into it.

19. Teagan

Teagan Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2011
    Just you wait! This game could be game of the year. If you look at the thread, no one can put it down! My actual gameplay time is at about 24 hrs now and I haven't finished all the endings.

20. Teagan

Teagan Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2011
    I purchased Emma (inventor) today and am really enjoying it. Put that on your list everyone:)