List Of Adventure Games (Part 2)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by PointOfLight, May 5, 2011.

1. Pepper2427

Pepper2427 Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
    Mishap isn't just hidden objects. There are mini games. It was a lot of fun and I enjoyed it immensely. Was quite long as well if I remember and quite comical

2. PointOfLight

PointOfLight Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Each "level" of Mishap is broken up into three sections: hidden object, "find the ghosts", and then a mini-game where you compete at something against the main ghost you're trying to capture for that level. Great sense of humor, cheesy voice acting (but it works given the atmosphere), and the mini-games aren't your typical HoG filler.

3. Teagan

Teagan Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2011
    Has anyone started the Secret of Chateau Moreau? I wish there was a way to skip all of the dialog!!!

4. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    That was actually one of the few things I got to this weekend. I agree, especially when you have to sit through things multiple times. However, I did find the game rather interesting. And for those who expected it to be something like Myst or The 7th Guest, it's far from it. In fact, there's plenty of story and dialog, and so far not much puzzle solving, at least not in what I played.

5. Teagan

Teagan Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2011
    How far did you get? I wish there was a better hint system.

6. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    I had just gotten into chapter 2. I was sick most of the weekend, so I wasn't to ambitious when it came to playing games or anything like that.

7. Teagan

Teagan Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2011
    #547 Teagan, Sep 8, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2011
    I don't understand how you go from ch 2 to ch 3. I understand there are diff endings but am lost as to how to cont :(

Edit: after trying all the diff endings I figured out how to move to ch 3! This game needs better instructions.:(

8. Teagan

Teagan Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2011
    PLEASE someone play The Secret of Chateau Moreau so we can assist one another. Once you get the hang of it, the game happens to be amazing! Eric, I think you will especially enjoy it. No HOs but the puzzles are terrific in addition to multiple endings depending on what move you make. Great game w hours of play!!

9. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    I'm going to spend some more time with it this weekend, assuming I don't get sick again. The developer has been asking me about a review, so I need to go going on that one anyway. I'll see if I can talk him into popping over here in the mean time to help you out :)

10. TheMoonwalls

TheMoonwalls Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2010
    Hi everyone!
    Update for The Train episode 01 is almost finished. The game is much better now in every way :)
    Now, I'm waiting for new, better translations. When I get them, I will make some tests, and send the update to Apple.

Cheers!
    Marcin.

11. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    How long before you'll be able to start doing some tweaking on episode 2? I tried playing it again yesterday, and I was continually running into problems where the dialog boxes wouldn't close. I also ran into an issue where I got into the kitchen, and right when I found the laxatives the lady caught me and kicked me out. Even though it said I had the laxatives they were nowhere to be found in my inventory, and when I went back into the kitchen later I couldn't find them again. I really want to play this game, but these bugs are starting to get to me.

12. TheMoonwalls

Nov 8, 2010
    First of all, the "bug" with the kitchen is not a bug. The lady can come anytime. You just have to be quick. If she finds you in the kitchen, AND you have the laxative in your inventory, she will take it. Then you have to go back to the kitchen, and take it again.
    BTW, she tells you, to give the laxative back :p
    Dialogues can stuck if you touch them too fast. There's a 0.5 second reload time. So if you touch it twice in those 0.5 seconds, you can stuck.
    I'll try to fix it after the first episode is improved.

P.S. Teagen, Pepper, and scarypharaoh managed to finish the second episode, finding only the dialogue error. Just don't tap to quick, and all will be fine. There are no other bugs in the game.

13. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Guess they just have more patience (or time) then me :rolleyes: I'll try giving it a go again. As for the laxative thing, I must not have seen her comments over the other dialog! However, when I went back to the kitchen after she wasn't there I didn't find the laxative. I'll check again next time I have a chance to play.

14. TheMoonwalls

Nov 8, 2010
    The Train episode 01 in new update, uses the same interface as episode 02 (so dialogues rules, are the same as in the second episode). I made some tests, and found a way to force closing the dialogue box if it's stuck.

I'll make an update for the second episode in few next days, and send it to Apple.

15. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Awesome. Can't wait! I'm only critical of this stuff because I think you've got a good thing going here, and I want to see The Train have as polished an appearance for other players as it possibly can.

16. TheMoonwalls

Nov 8, 2010
    Critical feedback is always great - The Train episode 01 was very poor, after the release date. Now, after 4 updates, it's medicore. But in two weeks max, you will be able to compare it to 1112 series.
    Really, I love the game with 2.0 update :)

17. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Actually, The Train Ep1 held my attention, which is more than I can say for 1112 Ep1. The Train might not be quite as polished, but as far as content I found it to be a more enjoyable game.

So I played some more at lunch today and I'm already stuck. I know I have to get those two people out of that room so I can search it, and I know how to deal with the guy, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to get the lady to leave. I already have what the hint told me I needed, by the way, I just don't know what to do with it.

Now back to the whole laxative thing for a minute. While the original problem I ran into might not be a bug, I still think there's a bit of an inconsistency in the way that it is handled. Let me explain. I go into the kitchen and retrieve the laxative, then exit the kitchen without her catching me. I go back into the kitchen and suddenly she appears and takes the laxative away. How did she know that I have it? I'm guessing that your criteria for this event is simply being in the kitchen, having the laxative in your possession, and her showing up. Unfortunately, that's not quite enough in my opinion. If you make it out of the kitchen "safely" once, she shouldn't be able to take the laxative away. Otherwise, you could also argue that she should be able to confiscate it in the dining car if you happen to have it when she appears. I realize it's not an important matter by any means, but I just figured I'd share my thoughts on that.

18. TheMoonwalls

Nov 8, 2010
    The Train episode 01 version 2.0, is much more polished than the original game :)

If you are in front of the compartment with man, and woman, you should here some voices, but if you enter the compartment, they will stop talking. You can use the empty glass to hear the conversation - like in real life ( http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20100311094958AACHibL ). Use the glass on the door to the compartment.

Now I understand what were you talking about the kitchen. You're right, it's obviously a logic issue :p

19. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Thanks for the tip (which I have kindly omitted from my reply). I can't believe I didn't figure that one out. As for The Train Ep. 1, I can't wait to see the update.

20. Teagan

Teagan Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2011
    Terrific! BTW all Popcap games are on sale today. I got Escape Rosecliff for $0.99 (yes, iPad version).

Also Big Fish came out w Deserted Wood today for iPad. As usual, the IAP is $4.99 for the first couple of days.

Question...I bought several full version BF games the day they were released, thus they were IAP. I delete after I finish but if I wanted to download again what do I do? Their trend now seems to be to release the free trial version w IAP and then release the "full version". In theory I should be able to download any version if I paid for it. I don't want to get charged again if I download the wrong one:(