List Of Adventure Games (Part 2)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by PointOfLight, May 5, 2011.

1. Pepper2427

Pepper2427 Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
    #521 Pepper2427, Sep 2, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2011
    Snark Busters now down to 69p/99c as is The Jolly Gangs Spooky Adventure

2. PointOfLight

PointOfLight Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Thanks for the tip! PM'd the developer and within a few minutes I had a code. Of course they don't have many left, so anyone that hasn't snagged it yet, run on over to the thread that Pepper mentioned.

Man, I have a bad feeling I'm going to be spending a lot of money this weekend :p

3. Pepper2427

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
    Tell me about it

4. Teagan

Teagan Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2011
    Yipeeeeee my patience FINALLY paid off! There were a couple Big Fish games I refused to buy bc they have been out for months and I knew they would go down. I got them all! I think I have every Big Fish game for the iPad now!!!!

I sent a msg to the developer re a code but I am probably to late:( Eric, as for the links you put up yesterday......Dream Chronicles I deleted bc the in app ads are so irritating it ruins game play. The other game (labyrinth ?) gave me a headache. Im not a fan of that type of game. No colors and the turning makes me feel like I am on a roller coaster. Lol

I have a lot now to keep me busy! :) has anyone played the Jolly Rancher game Pepper mentioned? I must say, Big Fish made a great move w this sale. Tons of people will grab all of the games they have been waiting for and most likely spend a ton of $$. If other devs wait to announce a sale, pockets may be dry haha I don't even want to see my iTunes invoice this month.

Keep listing more sales please:)

5. Pepper2427

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
    I think there is a free/lite version of The Jolly Gangs adventure so you can try it first. Think this one has an IAP on it but if you are like me and adverse to them then there is a standalone app also

6. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Too bad on all counts here. Dream Chronicles looked like it had some pretty sharp graphics, and the Labyrinth one looked pretty decent as well. At least that one was free :)

I'm not sure what to do about all the Big Fish stuff, though. I'll need to get a second device to put them all on! Actually, chances are good that I have many of them on my PC, so I can save a bit of money that way.

7. Teagan

Teagan Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2011
    Yes, thank goodness I got the 64 gb ipad:) The only BigFish games I DIDN'T buy were Antique Roadshow (along w the other city games), Flux Fam Secrets, Doors of The Mind and Haunted Hotel 2. Have you played Antique Roadshow or any of the other city games? I wasn't a fan of the 3 titles(lite versions) I mentioned above so didnt bother buying full version.

I went ahead and purchased the Jolly Rancher (I know it's not Rancher but I can't help myself) game. Nick Chase (new one) is even on sale.

8. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    I played one of the city games (think it was New York) on my wife's iPhone, and I liked it, but not enough to bother putting it on my device. I liked Haunted Hotel 2, but I played the PC version, not the iOS one.

Even though I'm still bitter about the terrible bug in the first Nick Chase, I might break down and buy the second one anyway. I just hope I'll be able to finish it this time :)

9. Teagan

Teagan Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2011
    I haven't encountered any bugs thus far on Nick Chase 2 but I also haven't finished. There was one issue I had and had to look up a walkthrough bc a small glitch was preventing me from doing something. I got past it but have found that I need to use the walkthrough occasionally:(

10. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    A walkthrough I can live with. A bug that forces me to replay the game from the beginning when I'm on one of the last couple of puzzles - that I can't live with.

11. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    I'm going to get myself in so much trouble this weekend. Even with all the games I already own there's a lot of stuff going on sale that I want to get! Pockster, the company that makes Raving Manor / Factory and the White House escape games, has put all their adventure games on sale. Here's a link to their overall page on iTunes: Pockster iPhone. The only one I've tried so far is Raving Manor, and I really liked that one. I just bought Raving Factory, so now my set from them is complete!

I also managed to score a code for Dead Escape (thanks Wabo Studios), and earlier this week I got a code for The Secret Of Chateau De Moreau. And of course there are all the other "on sale" games I'll end up buying this weekend. Guess I'm going to have to give up sleep for the next few days :)

12. podbud

podbud Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2010
    Yes, your comments on LKOA are exactly what I thought at the time. I didn't know it had been handed or taken over by new devs but it makes sense now. Such a shame as it had real potential. I guess we can see what ch 3 will be like...but if it's anything like 2 then I'll give it a miss.

Me: I've loved the treasure seekers series which surprised me as I wasn't too big on HOG's but the devs have really evolved the themes and have such a sense of cohesion with the TS series it's impossible to not enjoy the games. Other games that have kept me most entertained are Puppetshow, Antrim Escape, Cryptic Keep, LOCV, The Mystery of the Crystal Portal, Egypt:prophesy, Dream Chronicles and Grisly manor.

Now I'm without a game - Can anyone suggest something like the above?

Oh and I'm on only a 2nd Gen Touch so some - like dream.scape and Secret Mission will not load onto my gadget.

These games are great for me as I work nights and usually play them on the way home from work to clear my head and tire me out.

The Secret of Father Simons looked great but I had no idea what to do at all and like PointofLight said..."didn't care what Father Simons secret was"

Need. New.Game....

13. There's a thread about the ongoing Big Fish Games sale in the Price Drops & Deals forum. Maybe you guys could lend some recommendations and suggestions over there? :)

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=105900

I picked up Jolly Gang HD (it's so quirky, I love it!). At 99c it was a steal. I wish they dropped SnarkBusters HD to 99c too! :p This BFG sale has spoiled me!

14. Pepper2427

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
    The reviews for White House Escape and Escape from the maidens curse put me off a bit so I haven't bought these two. Has anyone played them? Are they as bad as the reviewers make out?

15. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    @podbud The Stone Of Destiny was the first HoG I played on my iPod Touch 2G, and it ran great. A couple of other good ones are Romance Of Rome and Escape Rosecliff Island, though I can't confirm that either of those will run on 2G devices. Have you checked the list linked at the beginning of this topic just for games labeled as Hidden Object?

16. Teagan

Teagan Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2011
    Agree! That happened to me with Kuros TWICE and this last time I finally said forget it bc I'm too far along! It also happened to me with Snark Busters. However, I started over and the problem was gone.

I'm debating on some games bc I wasn't a fan of the trials.....
    1) Flux Fam Secrets
    2) Serpent of Isis
    3) Haunted Hotel
    4) Ancient spirits: Columbus' legacy

BTW Mishap is on sale. I forgot what you said about that one but I put it on my wish list. Is it all HOs?

And all of the new games are finally in the app store ie. Dracula resurection, Versailles etc

17. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    I don't know how close these games are to the PC versions, but I enjoyed what I played of Haunted Hotel on the PC. Can't tell you any more than that about the numbered ones, because I haven't played the others. As for Mishap, I've actually played that on my iPod Touch, and it's a great game. I don't remember if I actually finished it, but I did play it for quite a while after my review was done. I just wish they'd release the sequel to that one so I don't have to go the PC route to get it.

I did get the Dracula games added to the list yesterday, but when I did that Versailles still wasn't available. I'll get that one added later today.

18. Teagan

Teagan Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2011
    Now don't laugh but I actually enjoy the "free" escape the room game by Terralumina ie.Ruby Loft Escape etc. Can you play any of the Big Fish Games on your device? I loved Moonfell Wood and Nightmare Adventures : Witches Prison. I haven't checked to see if these are available for iPod but Salem Witch Trials was excellent, Twisted land, Dr Stanleys House (free) or Alabama Smith?

For some reason I think I'm the only person who doesn't like treasure seekers lol oh Victorian Mysteries :the moonstone you may enjoy. Those are a few off the top of my head. They seem to be making most of the new games solely for iPad.

Ah try Nick Chase (both eps).

19. Teagan

Teagan Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2011
    Is mishap soley hidden objects?

20. Teagan

Teagan Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2011
    Okay, I caved and bought them all including Majhong lol My Big Fish collection is complete minus the time management games and city games:)