List Of Adventure Games (Part 2)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by PointOfLight, May 5, 2011.

1. Pepper2427

Pepper2427 Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
    Tried to leave a review on th UK App Store but it still says I have to purchase/download it. Not sure if there is a problem as I tried to leave a review for a game I actually purchased and I got the same message

2. podbud

podbud Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2010
    Just in case you were still stuck
    try doing a five point star shape with the rope and rings

On another note, I was sadly disappointed with LKOA II. What works as with LKOA I is the gorgeous graphics, the story and of course the adventure. However, what I noticed with LKOA II was a real lack of clarity on what to do (e.g the rope rings puzzle that found both Teagan and myself scratching our heads). There were other puzzles that I found myself basically clueless with nothing to go on and no way back. This really is an issue for the developers and one they need to address. The speech bubbles in LKOA II...what can I say? Well...I wont say anything but I think they need to work on those too!

But the biggest flaw I found with LKOA II is it's duration time. It has to be the quickest game/chapter I think I've ever played. I'm sure LKOA I wasn't this short. One minute I'm starting the continuing adventure, the next "coming soon episode III"?

Perhaps other posters found the same or maybe it's me?

3. Teagan

Teagan Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2011
    Bah I tried making what you said and no luck. It's a stupid puzzle that makes absolutely zero sense! There are a lot of bugs that imhave noticed in LKOA 2 but this is the first that has prevented me from continuing. I think the problem is that the devs that did LKOA 2 went out of business so they had to hand the project over to other people. It doesn't even compare w the first one, however, I deleted the first one immediately due to all of the glitches that were never fixed until almost a year later. The iPad version of LKOA is incredible or maybe I was ecstatic I could finally play :) I started LKOA 2 immediately after and I agree with everything you have said.

The labels on object were most time in another language causing me to at first not have a clue about what I had found lol The lily pad puzzle??? There were no clear instruction explaining what to do. I guessed on many puzzles to get by. In fact, I spent most of my time guessing in the game until now where I am officially stuck. In the cave there are SEVERAL glitches but I was able to cont by tapping everywhere and going back and forth until I was dizzy :) Overall, the storyline was great and has a ton of potential so I am sad to hear that LKOA 2 is short and takes the storyline down hill.

I think BulkyPix really needs to get their act together. It's a shame bc I have really enjoyed many of their adventure games. It seems they are starting to go in a different direction and don't plan on continuing w LKOA and/or fixing all of the issues. It's a shame.

Btw didnt LKOA come from a game called Paradise or something? They should have transported the entire game over.

So......I'm finishing Nick Chase (yes I caved and bought full version). I also started Treasure Island and noticed that the lite version was COMPLETELY different. Very strange. Some aspects are the same but for the most part, it looks like an entirely different game. Usually one would start off where he/she left off in the lite version. Please someone play it w me bc I'm stuck already lol

Ah, for those Big Fish fans (Eric), they are having a special. If you buy a game for $4.99 (they are all on sale), you get a $25 restaurant.com gift card. Basically, you can get a free $20 restaurant.com GC. Go to the Big Fish website to see details.

So, what is everyone else playing? Podbud, what are your fav games in this category?

4. PointOfLight

PointOfLight Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Well, I played through Hector Ep1 this weekend. Any fan of Leisure Suit Larry should feel right at home with this game. I will admit there were some really amusing parts, but I think I would have preferred the content more 20 years ago. That aside, what I did really appreciate was the quality of the engine. I can see why Telltale decided to pick up publishing duties for these guys, because they definitely know how to make a Sierra style engine that actually works well on the iOS platform. I might just have to break down and buy Ep 2 one of these days.

5. Teagan

Teagan Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2011
    The circus game (forgotten places?) just went on sale for $1.99. Eric I know you like this game:D

6. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Well, I enjoyed the five minutes of it that I actually played :rolleyes: I do think it's going to be interesting when I have more time to spend with it, though.

7. Teagan

Teagan Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2011
    Oh gosh! So after days of trying to make the correct star on LKOA2 I finally did it! I was so excited, watched the cutscene and then realized THAT WAS THE END OF THE GAME!!!! Worst ending ever! I'm so disappointed! :( the game has so much potential, it hurts to see it hastily put together. Oh well, life in the adventure game world goes on....:)

8. Pepper2427

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
    I am on with Moonfell Woods at the moment and that is the complete opposite. Seems to go on for ever. Just finished Dead Escape which had some nice puzzles but was a tad short. 13 yo son played it with me and he thoroughly enjoyed it and left him wanting more

9. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    I had actually added Dead Escape to my list of games to get, because the trailer video looked really cool. Can you define "tad short"? Did it take 1/2 hour, an hour or what kind of time frame? Thanks!

10. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    By the way, for those that might not actually have it yet, 1112 episode 1 for iPhone is currently free. Here's the link: 1112 Ep 1 on iTunes

11. Pepper2427

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
    Would say it took about two hours to complete but I didn't do it all at once. The puzzles were very logical which made it quicker than other puzzle games but it was very enjoyable and I highly recommend it

12. Frant

Frant Well-Known Member

and 1112 Ep 2 is on sale for $0.99

13. Teagan

Teagan Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2011
    The iPad version of 1112 ep 1 is free and version 2 is $.99!

14. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    So I started playing The Train Ep. 2 over lunch today. On the plus side, the graphics are better, the music is better and the story seems like it's going to be a lot more interesting. On the down side, the engine is not great at all. Load times are brutal and I ran into several occasions where the text got stuck and I had to wander around and tap several things before it would go away.

15. TheMoonwalls

TheMoonwalls Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2010
    Thank you for your feedback Eric :) I use external SDK (which allows me to work easier and faster), and I use the maximum power of this engine. Loading times, are the effect of this action, and it's the fault of the SDK.
    As soon as the SDK is upgraded (as far as I know - September), I will make an update, and try to cut the loading times.

Text boxes have 0.5 sec reload time. So if you touch the text box twice during this time, it can stuck. It can be a problem if you touch too fast to close/change the text box, or if your hands are shaking. I'll try to fix this in the next update.

P.S. Now I'm rebuilding the entire first episode, and update 2.0 should be available in two weeks. You will get absolutely new game (with new locations, puzzles, english translation, graphics, interface etc.).

16. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    I wondered if it had something to do with the engine. I understand the benefit of GameSalad for many people, but for me seeing the logo pop up is one of the most cringe-inducing things that can happen on my iPod Touch. I really hope their next update provides some significant performance increases.

I'll definitely have to take Ep. 1 for a spin again once those updates are complete. So will we get to interact more with the zombie or the briefcase guy?

17. TheMoonwalls

TheMoonwalls Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2010
    #497 TheMoonwalls, Aug 30, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2011
    "The customer is always right" :) You'll get it :) I finished about half of the game. Here are some changes from the first half:
    1. New location in the train, with "eyeless guy"
    2. Redesigned puzzle with lockpicking the door with screwdriver (using accelerometer, with custom calibration).
    3. New puzzle with casting spells.
    4. New graphics, spell effects, new interface.
    5. Auto-Save.
    6. Full screen backgrounds (optimized for Retina), instead of huge backgrounds with virtual analog stick.
    7. Extended puzzle with getting the binoculars.
    8. Fewer loading times.
    9. New (but with previous graphics) interactive cut-scene in 360 virtual room.
    10. New english translation (from the same person, who made translations to the second episode).

I'm still working on the update, and still have the second half to finish :) I'll post info with next changes in the next few days :)

18. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    If anyone is interested, they've temporarily dropped the price of The Secret Of Chateau De Moreau to 99 cents. You can get it here.

19. Pepper2427

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
    Thanks for the heads up on this one. Another to add to my games waiting to be played

I notice that Serpent of Isis is out on iPhone. What's weird is that the IAP is £1.99 but the full standalone game is only £0.69

20. Pepper2427

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
    A few more games to add to your list from Microids the makers of Amerzone

Versailles 2 Parts 1 2 and 3

Dracula Resurrection Parts 1 2 and 3