List Of Adventure Games (Part 2)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by PointOfLight, May 5, 2011.

1. Pepper2427

Pepper2427 Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
    #4581 Pepper2427, Oct 22, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2012
  2. PointOfLight

PointOfLight Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Yep, that was one that I didn't get to before iTunes started to flake out on me. I think there were four new Microids releases. Unfortunately two of them were old 3 part games repackaged into one offering, which again saw the removal of the individual parts (annoying since I owned the parts to both series). The other two appear to be new offerings focused around the Atlantis mythos.

3. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    So here's the second part of my list:

Escape - Trapped in Spaceship
    PerfectEsc4 (iPad)
    PerfectEscIV (iPhone)
    Atlantis: Evolution
    Atlantis: Evolution HD
    The Secrets of Atlantis - The Sacred Legacy HD
    Dracula - The Path of the Dragon
    Dracula - The Path of the Dragon HD

Unfortunately I could only provide an AppShopper link to The Secrets of Atlantis at this point because it appears to have been pulled from the U.S. App Store. Too bad, because that one sounded kind of interesting with a 1937 setting and all.

4. podbud

podbud Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2010
    While I love the immersive gameplay of Microids, I am always hesitant as I always find there's a glitch somewhere. Case in point being Atlantis2 which I'm yet to finish due to being stuck and unable to go forward into the last setting. When I say stuck I mean...there's something incorrect going on with the way the last quest allows you to move to the next.

So...I'd love to play these new games but would hate to find myself with a game that has a glitch again.

Not to mention, they're also large downloads.

5. paul.hendricks

paul.hendricks Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2009
    State of Confusion!!
    New G5e game out- I really like the goofy look of the graphics (haven't played it yet):

Pilot Brothers HD

Have a great day!

6. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Just installed this before I came to work. Hoping to try it out either tonight or tomorrow. In the mean time I've been working on Spirit Walkers: Curse of the Cypress Witch HD and really liking that one. The story's decent, and it stays closer to the adventure game / mini game motif than a hidden object game. In fact I think there have maybe only been two hidden object sequences so far.

7. tielore

tielore Well-Known Member

new teaser images for Tesla's Electric Mist

I just added some more teaser images to the other thread for Tesla's Electric Mist.

In the game, Tesla (in the late 1800's) conducted an experiment that went terribly wrong. The outcome was very bad for the townsfolk in Colorado Springs. In the 3rd chapter of the game, as you wander around the town you'll see eerie electrically charged ghost-like images of the townsfolk. Here are a few teaser images of what they look like. Hope you enjoy.

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showth...=1#post2500802
    You can see the new teaser images at the post above.

8. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    That link didn't work :( However you copied it ended up butchering it.

9. paul.hendricks

paul.hendricks Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2009
    State of Confusion!!
  10. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Man, now I definitely need to get hold of that last beta. The version I played wasn't far enough for those pictures yet. Those look pretty awesome!

11. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Hey, guess what? Big Fish is having their "look, it's another holiday" sale right now. Also, The Room is currently on sale for $1.99.

So I started playing Pilot Brothers tonight. I really like it. The atmosphere is best described as goofy, with some really funny moments surrounded by what could be best described as a Tom & Jerry cartoon (and in case there's some weird reference I'm not familiar with, I'm talking about the cat & mouse team). The graphics and animation are good, the music is decent, and the sound effects and voiceovers are well done. The game itself can actually be somewhat difficult, though once you've completed a puzzle it will usually seem obvious. There are no hidden object scenes, and it's actually more like a puzzle game held together with a story, because you start each room empty handed and end each room that way. There's no cross-over inventory, at least so far. This definitely goes in the "win" column for G5.

12. mrsleny

mrsleny Well-Known Member

May 30, 2012
    Toronto, Canada
    #4592 mrsleny, Oct 26, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2012
    What's going on?? How come a whole bunch of BFG iPad games are listed at $2.99?!?!

13. Pepper2427

Pepper2427 Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
    Just checking new releases and I came across 'The Secret of the Lost City'
    just released on ipad, special introductory price. Great I thought

Just check out the listing/pictures and see if you get the same feeling of deja vu as I do

14. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure I've seen that one before :rolleyes: In fact, I think it was re-released a couple of weeks ago under another name as well. Guess they'll never give up trying to fool people on that one.

15. GlitchGames

GlitchGames Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2012
    Game Developer
    Oxford, UK
    Just thought I'd put a quick post up here to say that Episode 2 of Forever Lost is now under development, we are pretty excited :)

We are actively looking for feedback and puzzle ideas from players of the first episode so please get involved on either Facebook or Twitter:

http://www.facebook.com/ForeverLostGame

http://twitter.com/ForeverLostGame

We will be posting early work-in-progress images as well as behind-the-scenes stuff.

16. Mirkwood

Mirkwood Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2012
    I personally only consider an adventure game to be where you're trying to get from A to B.

Not hidden object or puzzle games. But none the matter, this is quite an accomplishment of a list.

17. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    I actually don't necessarily disagree with you. However, there was a time when that basically would have meant that there was nothing on the list. Also, there is such a big thing about hybrids these days that you almost have to be willing to blur the lines a little bit. In the end if you ask 3 different people you'll get four different ideas about what an adventure game is, so we just do the best we can :)

18. FeNoMeN

FeNoMeN Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2011
  19. Mirkwood

Mirkwood Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2012
    Oh I whole-heartedly agree. It's difficult as hell to try and pin just about any game to a specific category

20. GlitchGames

GlitchGames Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2012
    Game Developer
    Oxford, UK
    Would anyone like a promocode for Forever Lost?

We're trying to get people to Follow and Like the games Twitter and Facebook pages respectively, so I'm not saying that doing that is the only way to get a code, I'm simply implying that it certainly won't hurt your chances ;)