List Of Adventure Games (Part 2)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by PointOfLight, May 5, 2011.

1. TheMoonwalls

TheMoonwalls Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2010
    Hector ep 1 is now on sale, so I'm wondering is it worth to pick it up? Are there any nice mini-games, such as in 1112 or my games :cool:? :)

2. Pepper2427

Pepper2427 Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
    Be rude not to pick it up whilst it is on sale but I don't think nice and Hector go together in the same sentence judging from previous posts

3. PointOfLight

PointOfLight Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    So anyone notice the new version of The Secret Of Father Simons is up? Anyone also notice that it's actually a new listing, instead of an update to the already existing version? Did I miss something, or that pretty lousy to those of us that actually spent our money on it the first time around? I was actually looking forward to seeing the updates the developer was going to make, but apparently he doesn't want me to :(

4. Pepper2427

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
    I saw it this morning and thought it must be a mistake. It looks like the old version is still on th App Store so it would be interesting to see what the differences are. Bit of a kick in the teeth for the people who have already bought it. The developer seems to have no concept of keeping the masses happy. Does not bode well for future projects

5. Teagan

Teagan Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2011
    #445 Teagan, Aug 25, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2011
    No way!! The old version is still in the app store! That is wrong! The dev needs to be contacted ASAP! I bought that and was unable to play due to bugs. He continued to reassure me that an update is coming soon! Grrr

Nice job Eric on grabbing the code:) unless it's for the iPad, I'm done w playing games on the iPhone (except LKOA 2).

Btw I just looked at the "new" father Simons" and pics are the same! Hours of gameplay it says?..... More like 5 min!

Moon walls, play LKOA 1 on iPad. You won't be disappointed.

6. TheMoonwalls

Nov 8, 2010
    I have both LKOA but iPhone versions :)

7. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Hopefully he'll see this thread like he did before. I went to the web site linked in the iTunes description, and either he has a weird sense of humor or the site has been hacked, because it's a bunch of gibberish. On the plus side, if you bought the original version you can still download it from the old entry :rolleyes:

8. theblackw0lf

theblackw0lf Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2009
  9. TheMoonwalls

Nov 8, 2010
    Didn't play it yet, but isn't this a bunch of logic mini-games with a story?

10. Teagan

Teagan Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2011
    #450 Teagan, Aug 25, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2011
    I'll let you be the guinea pig on this one. I already went through the painful task of finishing the bug filled game w the help of the dev. I still have scars lol

Just finished trial version of Nick Chase 2. The typing in the speech bubbles takes SOOOO long! I could run a mile by the time a sentence is complete. They need to let you click to make it go faster or skip it all together. Overall, there is a LOT of lag. I'm not buying until these issues are fixed. :)

BulkyPix once again has failed to get back to me re: the puzzle that everyone seems to be stuck on. There are no hints, skips or directions besides "fix tears". Ridiculous. That company needs to get their act together. One rep from there told me the dev are very busy and thus are unable to get back to me. In addition he said a lot of pple are on vacation lol considering "we" the buyers, pay their salaries, one would think the would respond to "help" inquiries.

11. Teagan

Teagan Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2011
    $5.00 for the iPhone version?!!! Not including the $0.99 in app purchases? Lmao lmao Not a chance I would pay that for a random iPhone game. There isn't even an iPad version. One of the beta testers even posted in the app store that he suggested a lower price point but the dev obviously didn't listen. Now if that isn't a good "hint", I don't know what is.

12. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Actually, I don't plan on trying again until the developer actually confirms that the original entry has been updated to the new version. All signs indicate it hasn't. And there's no way I'm going to give him another 2 bucks for the same game "just in case".

I'm surprised you guys keep trying Big Fish games with as buggy as the always seem to be :rolleyes:

This is too bad. They have a lot of good products, but it's not going to matter much if they scare their customers away. Maybe they need to slow down on volume and take care of the products they have.

13. Teagan

Teagan Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2011
    Update on BulkyPix: The contact that Moon gave me is terrific and has responded immediately. I didn't want to bother her bc she has to reach out to the devs in order to assist w questions re: the game. However, left w no choice, I emailed her and she is currently contacting the devs to try and get an answer.

I guess the company who originally did the game went out of business so now they have given the project to someone else. That's why there isn't an HD version of LKOA 2. :)

14. Teagan

Teagan Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2011
    See response below in BLUE :):)

15. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    I completely understand what you're saying about Big Fish. I'm a huge fan, just on the PC side instead of the iOS world. But, I think if I kept running into bugs like you guys do I'd get a bit discouraged, no matter how good the games were. I loved Nick Chase on the iPhone... until I hit a bug in one of the last puzzles that wouldn't let me continue once I failed, wouldn't let me skip the puzzle, and wouldn't let me go back to before the puzzle. Needless to say, I never finished Nick Chase :(

16. Teagan

Teagan Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2011
    Haven't you realized by now that I am relentless and will finish a game regardless of the glitches??? However, in Kuros there are a TON of bugs that forced me to start over. I haven't gone back to it bc the game isn't good enough to start over again (I think I ran into another glitch that won allow me to cont unless I start over AGAIN from beg).

Don't bother w the new Big Fish game "Death at Fairing Point". Game play and storyline is extremely boring. I became very irritated bc it made you go back and forth several times to the same places in order to complete a task. Bad way to extend game play if you ask me:) The puzzles were also lame compared to many of their other games.

Have you played Nightmare Adventures:Witches Prison? Or Awakening:Moonfell Wood? I liked those two.

17. Teagan

Teagan Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2011
    Btw you can try the lite version of Nick Chase ep 2 bc the story isn't a continuation from ep 1. It's basically another case done in the same fashion as episode 1.

18. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Some of us just don't have time to work past all the glitches :) Seriously, though, with all the reviewing and beta testing I do these days I'm lucky if I get to spend more than an hour or two with a game, which means I rarely finish anything any more. I haven't tried Witches Prison yet, but I have played Moonfell Wood. It's decent so far, but I liked Dreamless Castle better (I actually did finish that one on my PC). I'll probably trudge through Moonfell Wood, though, because I just saw that they have a third one on the horizon.

19. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    I probably will at some point, it's just not high priority right now. Still have to play The Train Ep. 2, as well as my newly acquired Hector Ep. 1 :) and a couple of others that I'm supposed to be reviewing like Amerzone and City Of Secrets. I will be so much happier when someone solves the whole financial responsibility thing this world has and I can just play games all day :D

20. Pepper2427

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
    Wouldn't it just be a perfect world if we could just sit and play games all day

Having problems with Nick Chase 2. Found all the tablet pieces and now I have to arrange them but they are not anywhere on my screen. Am I seriously dense and missing something obvious or is this a bug?