List Of Adventure Games (Part 2)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by PointOfLight, May 5, 2011.

1. PointOfLight

PointOfLight Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Speaking of Yesterday, I just started downloading my review copy of Hidden Runaway, the new iOS installment of the adventure game series that the developers of Yesterday are most famous for. You have no idea how excited I am right now. I knew this was coming out, I just didn't realize it was going to be so soon.

2. kzwen

kzwen Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2010
    The steam forum is quite dead now with the appearance of the 'new' community forum aka steam facebook - which plainly sucks.

3. paul.hendricks

paul.hendricks Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2009
    State of Confusion!!
    That is unfortunate. I haven't been to a Steam forum since the Summer Sale, and didn't realize they had changed.

4. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Well, it looks like the "we don't like our customers" bandit has struck again. At the end of last month Microids released a Dracula Resurrection compilation that combined all three parts of this game into one app. Now it looks like they have removed the individual parts, which stinks because I bought all three of them for the iPhone and downloaded two of the iPad ones for free when they went on sale. The recently released an Amerzone compilation as well, so if you have the individual parts of that one you might want to download them before they disappear.

5. Teagan

Teagan Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2011
    Who finished Forever Last? I need help w the colored symbols. I thought I took pics of 4 but it seems I only have 3. I need to know which symbol goes w each color (when wearing glasses).

6. Go by the background colors of the items with the symbols. I don't remember them all off the top of my head, but I did post photos of each symbol on my walkthrough. (The banana is the orange symbol, btw.)

7. paul.hendricks

paul.hendricks Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2009
    State of Confusion!!
    In case you didn't catch it on the front page (or other sites), Lili is on sale for $1.99. Fun game, great graphics (link is to iTunes).

8. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Did anyone ever bother any more with Murder Room? I ended up playing it some more this past weekend, and once you get past the fact that the controls are garbage the game itself actually isn't that bad. The cool thing about it is that unlike most escape games where you can just leisurely stroll through and solve it at your own pace, there are situations in this game where you must go faster than the person that has locked you in the room. It is actually possible to die in this game. I would suggest that those that got frustrated the first time around give it a go again.

9. Does it work with iPhone 4?

10. I finished and liked it so much I bought the extra game :)
    What I love about games like that is it's kind of like a choose-your-own-adventure, where it's actually kind of fun to see how many different ways you can die ;)

11. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    According to iTunes it does. Here's the link: Lili

12. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    So just out of curiosity:
    can you actually get the girl out of the oven?

13. #4533 AppUnwrapper, Oct 12, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2012
    Yes, and it's necessary in order to get the good ending. You can skip it (by not having her go in there at all) for the (a?) bad ending and then go back. That's what I did :).

There's a reason the game lets you restart from certain chapters. You're expected to mess up ;). And actually, restarting a chapter with new information you found is how you get the good ending.

14. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    That's interesting. I never really thought about that, but it could explain why certain things seem to behave the way that they do. Maybe it's time for me to start over again and see what else I can learn :)

15. Do you want a tip so you don't drive yourself crazy?
    Go back *after* you've gotten her out of the oven and got new information.

16. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    But that means I actually have to figure out how to do that :) Besides, I'm already past that part of the game at the point I'm at now.

17. Teagan

Teagan Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2011
    Thanks app! The banana threw me off too:)

18. Let me clarify that you *do* need to get her out of the oven in order to get the good ending.

Btw, slightly off topic, but I bought Spiderman a few days ago when it was on sale, thinking it can't possibly be as bad as TA's 2-star review said it was. But I just deleted it. I'm amazed that Gameloft managed to make a sandbox style webslinging Spiderman boring. Glad I only wasted $1 on it. The Dark Knight is much better, and much more deserving of the 1.5gb on my iPhone.

19. kzwen

kzwen Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2010
    For those who use Steam, there's a new weekend deal on one of the most amazing adventure series: Runaway series and some others by the same publisher. 75% off on most stuff. If anyone is interested in Runaway, A Road Adventure (1st game in the Runaway series) and The Next BIG Thing, look me up. I have a bargain. ;)

Meanwhile, BFG is churning out new games like no tomorrow and the best part, most of them are pretty excellent! So much to play though. On another note, there's a new game out called Devils Attorney. Looks like Phoenix Wright but the mechanics are completely different. But the satire humor is plenty if you like that sort.