List Of Adventure Games (Part 2)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by PointOfLight, May 5, 2011.

1. Pepper2427

Pepper2427 Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
    #4501 Pepper2427, Oct 8, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2012
    Outstanding video. It's very unique gameplay, unlike anything else on the App Store and its obvious you know your stuff. Looking forward to the release

I've just found your original thread back from September 2011. Thought i recognized the 3d aspect. Was looking forward to the release back then as well :D

2. Oh wow that's so different from anything I expected! It looks amazing. But I'm afraid to ask whether it'll be available on iPhone...?

3. paul.hendricks

paul.hendricks Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2009
    State of Confusion!!
    Thanks John! The trailer looks great, and I can't wait to buy the finished product! Have you shown the 2d objects in 3d before ( the chair rotation )? That was a very unusual thing to see.

Please let us know when you submit the game.

4. Thanks for the support, since it's something everyone has done on the side we just decided to make it as good as we could and that ultimately involved adding an event scripting system for story and puzzles as well as a full tutorial level, and a few other features. So to answer a few questions:

-The plan for price has always been to make the iPad version universal for a few bucks 2.99 or less and I don't see that changing unless lose control of pricing. The iphone version will be a bucks or two bucks at most.

-I have been only testing the iPhone version over the last year in order to make sure the experience is balanced and working on smaller devices. Because it's 3d most of it involves finding stuff behind/on top or under stuff or solving puzzles. Some it involves things hidden in the background but I minimized to make the game accessible on the phone. It runs on iPhone 4,i Pod Touch 4g and up.

-We're likely going to release a lite version with 2 levels as a demo for free. I understand having a demo in the free category but all research indicated people ultimately hate downloading two apps more. Hopefully Apple creates a cleaner demo model like XBLA has soon.

-The interactive part hasn't been demoed really but it's a core part of the game. There is no running around or backtracking so each room is self contained with major plot points, numerous interactive objects and puzzles per level.

5. Yay! Thank you for taking such good care of us small-screeners. :)
    Actually, this conversation feels a bit deja vu, like I already asked this question before. ;)
    Really excited. I'm not a fan of hidden objects, but this looks so much cooler than your average HOG.

6. mrsleny

mrsleny Well-Known Member

May 30, 2012
    Toronto, Canada
    Wow that game looks stunning. I can't wait. Not that I need anymore.

For BFG fans they have released several new games in canadian app store over the last couple of weeks. Keep a look out for:

Shattered minds Encore CE ($4.99)
    Spirits of mystery CE ($4.99)
    Otherworld CE ($6.99)
    Odysseus ($3.99)

7. Pepper2427

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
  8. paul.hendricks

Jul 30, 2009
    State of Confusion!!
  9. Pepper2427

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
    Cool, I can now post links to the App Store on my phone. Now I just have to wait until Apple releases an update so I can actually get on the App Store and search :)

10. elvis333

elvis333 Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2012
    Here's my recommendation to any developers that may see this post, please program your point and click adventure games to allow other music-providing apps on the device to play while your app is playing. I am pretty frustrated right now at several point and click adventure apps that I am playing which automatically turn off the sound from other apps when the point and click adventure is on and don't allow sound from other apps to play when the game is on. It's not that I don't appreciate background music and sound effects, but for the most part they are non-essential and repetitive, and sometimes (especially after playing the game for awhile and getting stuck), I like to listen to some of my music or recorded broadcasts (from tunein, xmsiri, etc.) instead of the games music - my actual preference would be to keep sound effects on while other stuff is playing, and just turn off background music. I would say, unless your game is in the minority of games that actually need certain sound files for dialogue that has no subtitles or when sound is part of the puzzle, then at least give the user an option to decide to listen to something else while playing the game. A bunch of developers have allowed this in their game, but I would say it's no better than 50/50 and I see no reason to make it restrictive. It just so happens, the 3 games I'm going back and forth between now (one of them being Chateau Moreau) all have this sound-blocking feature.

11. Pepper2427

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
    It would be nice to have the option I guess but for me, I find that playing my own music puts me off and I can't concentrate. More often than not I play on silent so have no music or sounds at all. I should have learnt by now that sometimes you need the volume up to progress in the game

12. PointOfLight

PointOfLight Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
  13. paul.hendricks

Jul 30, 2009
    State of Confusion!!
    New Bulkypix point-n-click adventure - Reversion: The Escape ( link is to TA forum).

Looks interesting and might be well supported by the developer, based on the forum.

14. PointOfLight

PointOfLight Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Haven't played this one enough to know if the story's interesting or not, but it looks good. Has that whole "later days Sierra" look to it.

15. paul.hendricks

Jul 30, 2009
    State of Confusion!!
    after all the love for Yesterday, it might be worth a shot. Different devs, but hopefully the quality comes through.

16. kzwen

kzwen Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2010
    This is a long shot but I figured most here are adventure fans so if anyone has a copy of Broken Sword Shadows of the Templars Director's Cut save game it would be much appreciated.

I am looking for about 50% or so, when you reach Montfaucon and see the juggler or even a save game before is fine too. I am trying to unlock the 4th hidden comic which I suspect I gotta do something around there to unlock it. I am playing it on the pc (steam version) but hopefully it won't be too different from the ios version. Or if any of you play it on the computer...

This teaches me to overwrite my save games. :(

17. mrsleny

May 30, 2012
    Toronto, Canada
    #4517 mrsleny, Oct 11, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2012
    Thanks for the info. I'm surprised it is not a collectors edition. The previous one, Shattered Minds Masquerade, was.
    I really enjoyed it.

I hate the new App Store app on my iPad. I usually look for new BFGs by doing a general search for "big fish games" and then sorting by release date. Today's search only had about 25 games and most of them were not new. I hope it's just a glitch.

Added: just did a general search for "games" and also only got about 25 results. Bah.

18. paul.hendricks

Jul 30, 2009
    State of Confusion!!
    You might try the Steam forum for the game. I've had good luck getting help/info there before.

19. paul.hendricks

Jul 30, 2009
    State of Confusion!!
  20. mrsleny

May 30, 2012
    Toronto, Canada
    Good to know. Somehow I missed this at the BFG labour day sale. Hoping it'll be on sale for Boxing Day. I really enjoyed the first Dana Knightstone - Death at Fairing Point. It is also light on the HO scenes.