List Of Adventure Games (Part 2)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by PointOfLight, May 5, 2011.

1. Pepper2427

Pepper2427 Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
    I've bought it because I love the books. The tv series is ok but haven't really kept up with it. Not had a chance to play yet but I will have a little play in a bit

2. PointOfLight

PointOfLight Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Well there you go. I didn't even know there were any books! I'll be curious to know what you think.

3. Pepper2427

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
    I think my problem was that I read the books first. Just had a little play. It's great that the Dexter actor voices the character. Controls are a bit blah but I'm sure I will improve as time goes on. Had my first kill. Son was there telling me which weapon to use but was quite disappointed you didn't see him being chopped up (should I be worried??). So far it is a little slow but then Dexter does bide his time so it fits in.

4. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Remind me never to turn my back on you in a dark alley :)

5. Pepper2427

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
    What can I say, he deserved it :D

6. Teagan

Teagan Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2011
    I don't know how to post a link bc it's a members only group on FB. The glitches had to do with the camera and lantern . The person was playing on an iPhone. They have since finished and I have not seen any other mention of glitches. I hope this helps:)

7. Teagan

Teagan Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2011
    You need to leave the radio on (keep the pic open by minimizing it) so you can hear the melody while you try and repeat using instrument. It took me several tries.

Ok, now you can try the main thread for help:)

As for Dexter, I saw yesterday that it was on sale. I was contemplating purchasing...however, I'm really bored with the new season that just started. Not sure how much more Dexter I can take at the moment:)

8. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    I'm registered with a service called TestFlight, which for those of you who don't know allows developers to easily distribute ad-hoc versions of their software to individuals without having to go through the App Store. It's primary function initially was for beta testing, but these days more developers are using it for passing out review versions of games instead of giving reviewers promo codes. Anyway, I bring this up because I was surprised when I received an email from TestFlight today saying I had a build of a game called Reversion - The Escape available for me.

I was mainly shocked because the name didn't sound familiar and I couldn't recall ever asking to check out the game. I downloaded it and loaded it up over lunch, and it turns out it's a coming soon release from BulkyPix. Here's the web page: Reversion. I really only played long enough to watch the initial dialog between your character and a doctor, but it's a classic Sierra style adventure game that takes place in a post war Buenos Aires. More specifically, the war took place in 2015 and you're now waking up in 2035! I'm hoping this is going to be another cool adventure game from BulkyPix, though I'm a bit disappointed that the voiceovers are not in English (thankfully the text is, though). I will post some impressions when I've had a chance to play more.

9. Pepper2427

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
    That is exciting news. Keep us posted

10. paul.hendricks

paul.hendricks Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2009
    State of Confusion!!
    Thanks! Didn't Alawar do the first two Flux Family Secrets? I noticed this was a different developer, and could have sworn this series was one that started the Alawar to BFG anger.

11. paul.hendricks

Jul 30, 2009
    State of Confusion!!
    Bleahhhh...I've got to remember to stop downloading them. I just don't appreciate Microids' development efforts, even if the graphics are stunning.

12. tielore

tielore Well-Known Member

Tesla's Electric Mist

I'm the developer for the upcoming game Tesla's Electric Mist (a point and click puzzle adventure). One of my beta testers pointed me to this thread, and I thought I'd add our game to the list. The game is on track to be released at the end of October 2012, but we just launched the facebook fan page and twitter feeds for the game.

http://www.facebook.com/TeslasElectricMist
    http://twitter.com/iCOOLgeeks

So if you want to be notified of the game's release, like us on facebook or follow us on twitter.

13. Pepper2427

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
    Liked on Facebook. Definitely looks my sort of game. Looking forward to the release. Is this your first point and click game?

14. #4494 AppUnwrapper, Oct 6, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2012
    Looks great! One thing I want to point out, though. I watched the teaser video and it seems to give away too many of the puzzles' solutions.

15. tielore

Yes, this is our first point and click adventure (as the developer, not as a player). I played MYST and the sequels, along with many others of this genre back in the day. More recently though, after playing The Lost City and Secret of Grisly Manor by Fire Maple Games, I tried to find similar games for iOS, because my boy and I enjoyed them so much. But we couldn't find any that made the grade. Everything we found on the app store was either a hidden object game (which I don't care for) or a point-and-click that was just plain inferior. I had not yet discovered this forum post and its list of adventure games. So, we decided to try our hand at this style of game and make one ourselves.

Our intent was to not just make a cheap copy, but rather the best game we could... hopefully rivaling the games that we loved so much ourselves. The game is eight months in the making so far, with 3-4 weeks to go.

Thanks for Liking it. We believe you'll really enjoy it.

16. tielore

Yeah, the video has a few spoilers in it. Not too many though when compared to the scope of the game. It's hard to show this kind of game in a video without showing some action, which means interacting with the puzzles and objects, etc.

Luckily though this video was made back when the game was only about 20% finished, and what's in the video is only a small handful of the puzzles, objects, and scenes in the full game. I'd say this shows maybe 2% of the game is all.

I'll put together a new video for it just before we release, cause there's a ton more cool stuff that's been added since we put this first video together.

17. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    I'm pretty sure I'm the culprit that pointed tielore this way, and as one of the beta testers, let me say that you're in for a treat with this one. It definitely ranks up there with the Fire Maple Games collection.

18. paul.hendricks

Jul 30, 2009
    State of Confusion!!
    Looking forward to the game, and welcome to the forum!

19. We're finally in the last few weeks of development and testing before we submit to Apple and I wanted to share the launch trailer here before I even post it on our site. Let me know what you guys think and if you have any questions I'll be happy to answer!

20. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    yeah, I have a question. Can I get a copy :). Seriously, though, this game looks pretty awesome. How much will you be selling it for?