List Of Adventure Games (Part 2)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by PointOfLight, May 5, 2011.

1. Dark Knight is very open world. A lot like their Iron Man game, only without the bugs (I hit a few playing that one).
    I'm currently stuck on a specific mission, but I'll figure it out tomorrow hopefully.

It's a lot of fun to grapple onto buildings and glide through the city. I'm guessing it's a lot like the new spiderman game, which I haven't tried yet.

As for Arkham, I've seen it on sale several times already but since it just seems like an Infinity Blade knockoff, I haven't bothered buying it.

2. Teagan

Teagan Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2011
    Everyone needs to try Game of Nerds:) we need to be on the same team:)

3. Pepper2427

Pepper2427 Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
    Are you calling me a nerd lol?

4. PointOfLight

PointOfLight Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    I was just going by release dates. Is it possible that Sherlock Holmes just existed for the iPad before now? As for Amerzone, I'm not sure what the difference between this release and the previous ones is, other than I think it might be all three parts in one big game this time. Ellie is a repeat as well, and it appears this version only differs in that it doesn't have HD graphics.

5. Teagan

Teagan Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2011
    When I looked it said updated next to the date. Maybe it was previously only for iPad. I don't buy games for my iPhone anymore so that could be it:)

6. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    The iPad version of Sherlock Holmes was released Feb. 9, and the iPhone version on Sep 27. The two Amerzone selections I listed were released on Sep. 28th. You'll notice there are two different sets of products for Amerzone: one with a - after the word Amerzone and the other with a : after the word Amerzone.

7. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Anyone tried Murder Room yet? It's a rather interesting game. The first time through I wasn't able to do much of anything, which was rather annoying. Then I got killed, and the second time through there were a bunch of things that I'm sure weren't there the first time. I think this game is trying to mess with my mind and doing a really good job of it. I'm stuck, but at least I've managed to get one item in my inventory, which I couldn't do the first time I played. I'm real curious to see what anyone else thinks of the game.

8. GlitchGames

GlitchGames Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2012
    Game Developer
    Oxford, UK
    #4450 GlitchGames, Oct 1, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2012
  9. Teagan

Teagan Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2011
    Haha the EXACT same thing happened to me. I got the knife but became frustrated after awhile (I looked around and found places to enter info etc). I actually just deleted it. I wasn't fond of the controls and how dark it was. The graphics weren't great and my attention span diminished. GL with it!

10. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Eh, I'm probably at about the same point. I don't by the whole "it's this dark because of the atmosphere" excuse for the visuals. I've played lots of darkly toned games that had much better, more visible graphics than Murder Room. In my opinion it just makes the game a nusence to play. I also agree that the controls are kind of sloppy. Overall I wasn't impressed with the game. I would like to know what the animal head is all about, though :D

11. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
  12. You really need to play the game in the dark. Simple as that. If you play in a bright room, it simply won't be any fun at all.
    Personally, I loved it. I also loved Ellie. Both can be frustrating at times, and I'm not sure I would have managed the good ending without help, but I thoroughly enjoyed playing it. It's hard to find games that capture that mood so perfectly. These games are genuinely creepy.

Trying to buy the second game, but the IAP isn't working for me :/

13. jpel

jpel Member

Aug 3, 2012
    Moe, Australia
    Thanks for the heads up. The game looks good, looking forward to playing it.

14. jpel

jpel Member

Aug 3, 2012
    Moe, Australia
    #4456 jpel, Oct 1, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2012
    To you all in this room..a big hello from Australia. I've been coming here for a little while and have found you all an invaluable source for upcoming or recent releases in the types of games I like to play. Though I may not agree with all the reviews made, i.e. RealMyst (I'm old enough to have grown up with this one :) ) I recognise your right to have your own opinion. It's this fact why I come here as it is important to get a mix of opinions. Thanks to all for your recommendations and I look forward to continue coming here and when warranted, offering up any games I may come across.

Warmest regards,
    Jurgen

15. GlitchGames

Feb 10, 2012
    Game Developer
    Oxford, UK
    Darn timrzones :)

Thanks! Hope you like it!

16. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Hey, Forever Lost is finally in the App Store! Just bought myself a copy :)

17. GlitchGames

Feb 10, 2012
    Game Developer
    Oxford, UK
    Yay! Glad that it made its way over :) Really hope you like the changes made after beta 1 :)

18. GlitchGames

Feb 10, 2012
    Game Developer
    Oxford, UK
    The gameplay trailer is now up as well: