List Of Adventure Games (Part 2)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by PointOfLight, May 5, 2011.

1. That sucks. I thought they were supposed to be the same, sans phone.

2. PointOfLight

PointOfLight Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Yeah, I always had that impression as well. Apparently Apple wants all of us iPod Touch users to upgrade to the iPhone :( Maybe the iPod Touch 5 will be better, not that I have the money to get one.

3. Anyone notice how spam always manages to put an end to our conversations?
    Such a distraction.

4. mrsleny

mrsleny Well-Known Member

May 30, 2012
    Toronto, Canada
    Drawn 3 is released for iPad at least in Canada.

Drawn Trail of Shadows CE for iPad

Such a great series. Some Gamezebo reviews say the first two are better. I will definitely replay them before I start this one. It is $4.99 right now. Don't know if it's a sale because most BFG CEs are $6.99.

It's one of BFG's in-house games and the first two are definite must-haves for puzzle/adventure game lovers IMHO.

5. mrsleny

May 30, 2012
    Toronto, Canada
    iOS 6

Ugh. I must be dense. I just updated to iOS 6 and I am totally frustrated by the new App Store interface. I used to be able to go to the Games category and sort by latest releases. I don't see that function anymore. Am I missing something? I hope so. Otherwise there's no way to browse all the newest releases easily.

Also the Maps app is horrible.

6. Pepper2427

Pepper2427 Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
    Yeah, I'm wishing I never updated to ios 6. Not really an improvement in my eyes. I hate the App Store and the maps are a joke

7. mrsleny

May 30, 2012
    Toronto, Canada
    Of course I was really dumb and didn't backup my iPad before updating. I did that with the last big update. I wasn't thinking and right after I hit the update button I said Curses ... Well at least something similar :)

8. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    I loved the first game, and what I've played of part two so far has been good, but I haven't had the chance to finish it yet. Maybe I'll just have to buy this one when it comes out on the U.S. store and tuck it away for later :)

9. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Just finished Escape The Mansion. This is actually a well put together little game with a decently creepy atmosphere. The graphics aren't great though they are certainly livable. The music is actually pretty decent. There are only two down sides. The first is that you have to double tap for everything, which is kind of annoying. The second is that it will probably take longer to read this mini-review and download the game than to play it. Still, the game is free, so check it out.

10. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    I went ahead and got this, and so far I am not impressed. The graphics aren't great, which I can live with, but sometimes the scenes are so dark I can't tell what's supposed to be going on. There's an awful lot in each room for what little I've been able to interact with anything so far. I'll probably play it a little longer, but I have a feeling I won't be finishing this one up. Maybe it will get better.

11. john48

john48 New Member

Sep 22, 2012
    Adventure games

I like adventure water games for iPad. I like water games like surfing, scuba diving and boat racing games. Adventure games are full of fun...

12. GlitchGames

GlitchGames Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2012
    Game Developer
    Oxford, UK
    #4412 GlitchGames, Sep 24, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2012
    I am absolutely over-the-moon excited to announce that Forever Lost will be launching on October 1st! http://www.glitchgames.co.uk/2012/09/24/save-the-date/

Let me say that again, on October 1st Forever Lost will be on sale!

One more time; October 1st.

October 1st.

13. Pepper2427

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
    So, what you're trying to say is that Forever Lost will launch on 1st October, is that right? I am a little confused ;)

14. GlitchGames

Feb 10, 2012
    Game Developer
    Oxford, UK
    Sorry about that, I think I should have been more clear.

:eek::eek: October 1st :eek::eek:

[​IMG]

15. Pepper2427

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
    Thanks for clearing that up. I think I've got it now lol

16. GlitchGames

Feb 10, 2012
    Game Developer
    Oxford, UK
    Glad we could get that sorted :)

:) 7 days :)

17. john48

john48 New Member

Sep 22, 2012
    Surfing and water games

Water games are full of adventure in which surfing,fishing and sailing are very adventures games.These games should be i soft form for iPad and ifone.So we've taken the good with bad.It's been a pleasure, but now I have to get some rest before Christmas officially starts.

18. Teagan

Teagan Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2011
    I'm right there with you! I have no doubt that it will be deleted by the end of today:)

19. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Some new games:

The Odyssey (Adventure)
    The Odyssey (HD)
    1 Mummy
    2 Tin Soldier
    3 Murderess

The last three poorly named releases are the first of a set of 9 games based off of an old video board game series called Sherlock Holmes Consulting Detective. I actually have codes for all of them, so I'll report back as soon as I've had a chance to try one of them.