List Of Adventure Games (Part 2)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by PointOfLight, May 5, 2011.

1. paul.hendricks

paul.hendricks Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2009
    State of Confusion!!
    #4381 paul.hendricks, Sep 21, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2012
    I was just saying that the control scheme was similar. I have not run into combat in Lili, (I'm not terribly far into the game). Sorry for any confusion.

2. paul.hendricks

paul.hendricks Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2009
    State of Confusion!!
    There is a new G5 game out (from Wednesday night), based on a Jules Verne story of all things (link is to iTunes):

Epic Adventures: La Jangada HD

Have a great day!

3. PointOfLight

PointOfLight Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
  4. TheMoonwalls

TheMoonwalls Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2010
    I changed prices few hours ago :)

I also want to let you know, that now, when I finished making my new gears-oriented game - Wake up Mr. Moore!, I currently work on my next point&click adventure game (as I said before - pixel-art graphics, third person perspective).
    It should be ready around February 2013 :)

5. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Man, not until February? I don't think I can wait that long :confused: Definitely want to check out your other new game, though.

6. TheMoonwalls

Nov 8, 2010
    This is a big game - the first idea came to my mind around a year ago, since then I work on the game storyline, and gameplay ideas. I have everything in my head, but I think that it would take a looot of pages to write it down.
    My target is a funny adventure game with plot based in modern times - can't tell anything about the storyline, but it won't be anything like The Secret of Moonwall Palace.
    I think that the most similar game is Bud Tucker in Double Trouble.

7. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Sounds pretty cool. Not familiar with Bud Tucker, though. What system is that for?

8. TheMoonwalls

Nov 8, 2010
    I played it long time ago on my PC: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jo_ZiIpNLmo

BTW, did I mentioned that I have actors, and 3 main characters (yes, main only :() will have voiceovers? :)

9. Pepper2427

Pepper2427 Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
  10. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Bud Tucker looks kind of interesting. Might need to see if I can dig up a copy.

Voiceovers? That's awesome, even if it is only the main characters. I'm not much of an actor, but I'd be willing to lend my voice if you need some extra work done. Of course that would only work for an English version :(

11. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    I hope it stays on sale until I get home from work. I might actually pick up a copy.

12. TheMoonwalls

Nov 8, 2010
    That will be cool! I let you know as soon as I start working on voiceovers :)

13. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Yeah, you might want to hold off on the "cool" sentiment until you've heard me speak :)

14. TheMoonwalls

Nov 8, 2010
    This is impossible to have worse voice than me :p

15. elvis333

elvis333 Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2012
    Yesterday is also on sale for $2.99 - I've had my eye on the game and almost bought it awhile ago before it jumped to $6.99. I thinking I'm going to pick it up but am a little nervous my ipod touch 4g will be too small of a screen for the game.

So anyway, I've gotten through Cryptic Kingdoms and though it was really a hell of a game. Can't wait for 3D Methods to come out with new games .... I'm hoping this game is a well deserved success for him. If anyone wants a challenging, well made first person point and click adventure - pick up Cryptic Kingdoms!

16. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Yesterday is an incredible game, but I'm not sure screen size is going to be your only problem. Even if it says the game is compatible with the iPod Touch 4, I'd be really surprised if the game actually ran well on the device. I haven't tried it myself, but I think you'll be disappointed.

17. Does the Touch have a different processor than the iPhone 4? Bc yesterday ran fine on my iPhone. Highly recommend that one!

Still making my way through Kingdoms, but so far liking it better than Caverns.

18. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    I don't think it's a processor problem so much as a memory issue. There are lots of games that run just fine on an iPhone 4 that crash on the iPod Touch or run really sluggish.