List Of Adventure Games (Part 2)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by PointOfLight, May 5, 2011.

1. Pepper2427

Pepper2427 Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
    That is so annoying. Why bother to have the report a problem button or an email address if they are just going to ignore problems. It seems that some developers are happy to take your money but aren't interested when anything goes wrong. Some developers are very good though. I think that there are some developers forums on touchmyapps who are always on hand to help and of course the developers who are on these forums

2. Teagan

Teagan Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2011
    I 100% agree! I will never buy another game from them! Even worse, I saw them tweeting when i sent them a DM but yet they don't have the decency to respond or steer me in the correct direction. Oh well, Karmas a beeeetch! :) maybe that's why the game had so many issues lol

What's everyone playing?

3. TheMoonwalls

TheMoonwalls Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2010
    #423 TheMoonwalls, Aug 23, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2011
    The contest is over - The Train episode 02 is 2nd :)

Thank you very much for your votes!

4. PointOfLight

PointOfLight Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Sorry you didn't get number 1, but 2 is still really cool. Good job, and I hope it bolsters sales for you.

5. TheMoonwalls

Nov 8, 2010
    Thank you Eric! Second place is great too! Thanks to you, and other adventure fans, I have a great day :)

BTW, sales of The Train episode 02 are very good, and I'm happy to inform, that The Train episode 03 will be much better and more polished then second part, for sure :)

6. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Man, I've got to find a couple of things to dump off my device so I can install part 2. Must play...

7. Teagan

Teagan Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2011
    #427 Teagan, Aug 23, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2011
    Congrats on 2nd place! That's terrific! Go celebrate!!! ;)

I need game recommendations! I wish new games would come out! I've spent my summer playing everything I never had time to play:) I'm obsessed haha I'm crossing my fingers for Grisly Manor 2 and anything else that is solid with a good storyline!

8. TheMoonwalls

Nov 8, 2010
    Thank you one more time! :) I'm celebrating - playing 1112 ep 03 :)

9. Teagan

Teagan Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2011
    #429 Teagan, Aug 24, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2011
    I'm stuck in the same place! No hints, puzzle makes zero sense & this is where I delete bc a dev should know that if you put a ridiculous Puzzle in a game, you better have a hint system or make yourself available to assist users. Not worth getting frustrated or spending hours on to eventually get it by luck. Let me know if you figured it out lol GL

Just finished the first one on my iPad and am starting 2nd one on iPhone. Great game on ipad and finally bug free! BulkyPix gave me a code for the HD version due to issues so they are back on my good side:)

10. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Good to hear they took care of you. I actually ended up sending them a link to this thread and mentioned your situation, though I think they might have actually contacted you before they got my email.

11. Teagan

Teagan Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2011
    Awww thanks! That was sweet of you. Thanks for having my back:)

12. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Well, I hate to blow my illusion of Angel-dom :) but it was as much for them as you. I'm a big fan of BulkyPix, and I hated to see that they had upset you so much, so I thought I could help them save face. Still, I'm always out to help a friend when I can!

13. plasmakirby3

plasmakirby3 Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2011
    Junior in High School
    Northern California
    Hector Episode 2: Senseless Acts of Justice releases today

14. Teagan

Teagan Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2011
    For some reason I couldn't stand the first one. Lol I think this is one I will pass on. At least until it goes on sale.

Big Fish released another game for iPad today. It's called Fairing Point.

15. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    I've been wanting to try the first Hector, but I was really hoping they'd do a sale, at least in honor of the second one being released. Problem is that the first was self published and the second is being published through Telltale games, so chances are a sale won't happen. Oh well.

16. Hector

Hector Member

Jun 1, 2010
    Wrongo, Points. Sale starts at midnight.

I was going to give you a free Episode 2 promo code, but because of your lackluster reception to the impending release, it's obvious you still need convincing. So here's a free Episode 1 iPhone code to whomever has the fastest fingers in here. If you like it, you can buy Episode 2 at full price.

7XRTR4Y79FML

Cheers, cobjockeys.

D.I. Hector
    Clappers Wreake Police Service

17. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Hey, I wondered when you'd stick your irreverent little nose in here. Looks like I didn't have to be all that quick to snag the goods, I just had to be willing to waste some of my precious time before a few other folks. I'd say thanks for the code, but that would clearly enlarge your already burgeoning ego, so let's just say I'm glad I didn't have to drop my own cash for this crazy adventure. Of course if you're not afraid to show your human side (or am I assuming too much), you can still feel perfectly free to slip me a pass to part 2 one of these days. Unless, of course, you're trying to protect me from the fact that's it's not as good as the first one.

By the way, I'm looking forward to playing part 1 ;)

18. scarypharaoh

scarypharaoh Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Medical Professional
    With Carmen Sandiego
    I loved the first Hector! (check the original thread, I literally gushed over that one!:) the puzzles were ridiculously obscure, great for old schoolers who like some cat hair moustache-type action. Hope episode 2 follows in that tradition!
    Cheers Hector! And Bollocks to you too!:)

19. Pepper2427

Pepper2427 Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
    Nick Chase 2 is now out. Didn't know that was in the pipeline. Have purchased Hector and plan to give it a whirl soon. Finished Doors of the Mind and quite enjoyed it. Went to leave a review and it said I had to have purchased it or installed it. I had done both but it still won't let me leave a review. Strange

20. Frant

Frant Well-Known Member

#440 Frant, Aug 25, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2011
    thanks.