List Of Adventure Games (Part 2)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by PointOfLight, May 5, 2011.

1. paul.hendricks

paul.hendricks Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2009
    State of Confusion!!
    You can still get iOS6 for your iPod Touch, but it is a sloooooow install. Games have been disappearing for them for a while, it is only a short matter of time before the planned obsolescence kicks in...

2. GlitchGames

GlitchGames Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2012
    Game Developer
    Oxford, UK
    The teaser trailer for Forever Lost is now up :)

3. Is that all actual footage from the game, not exaggerated?

4. GlitchGames

GlitchGames Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2012
    Game Developer
    Oxford, UK
    A bit of both really. The trailer is meant to be a cinematic teaser however the actual scenes in it are in the game but they are 2D renders. Hopefully that makes sense.

A gameplay trailer will be on the way soon.

5. PointOfLight

PointOfLight Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
  6. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
  7. Teagan

Teagan Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2011
    iOS 6 is not just for iPhone 5. I'm in the process of updating my 4s right now and plan to update my iPad later today. Many of the features I don't care about. I've had Siri turned off since day one. Thus I could care less about the updates for her:)

I don't plan on getting an iPhone 5 until I see that there aren't any major issues. I'm tired of being a guinea pig. I preferred my iPhone 4 over my 4s. The 4s is a battery hog along with the 5 according to reports.....sigh

8. Teagan

Teagan Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2011
    Nice! I'm going to wait until I see some more reviews. I wish they would make a sequel to Chateau!

9. Teagan

Teagan Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2011
    Has anyone tried Lili?

10. Pepper2427

Pepper2427 Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
    Thought I'd give this a go but was showing on appshopper as being reduced to 0.69. In the App Store it was still £1.49 but has now been increased to £2.99. All on the date of release. Madness

11. paul.hendricks

Jul 30, 2009
    State of Confusion!!
    It is a lot of fun, so far (I've only played a little bit). The control scheme is like Horn, if you have played that. Lots of character and environment interaction.

12. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Guess I should have grabbed it when it was 99 cents :eek: Of course, I'm sure iTunes wouldn't have let me because it would have said the item was being modified. That is ridiculous. Guess I'll wait for it to go free before I pick it up now.

13. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    What device are you playing it on? For some reason I thought I had read that it was only going to be for the iPad 3 and iPhone 5, though I don't see that documented anywhere now. I bet it wouldn't play on my iPod Touch 4 though :)

By the way, here's the link for anyone else interested: Lili.

P.S. - Horn is lots of fun as well, and is currently on sale for $2.99.

14. paul.hendricks

Jul 30, 2009
    State of Confusion!!
    I really dislike these pricing games. I understand the need to see how different price levels impact sales, but same day changes seems ridiculous.

15. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    They're impractical, because it probably keeps the item locked up so no one can buy it. I feel like it happens more because the developers just didn't think about the price before releasing the app (or maybe because at the last minute they see a similar offering for a more palatable price from the developer perspective so they hike the price up).

16. paul.hendricks

Jul 30, 2009
    State of Confusion!!
    I'm playing it on the iPad. It runs well. I can't see how it would be playable on an iPod (or an iPhone, really).

17. Pepper2427

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
    Not played Horn. Are the controls good or bad?

18. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Personally I thought the controls were a bit wonky, but not enough to deter me from playing it. My biggest problems where dodging during combat and trying to move during non-combat. The later wasn't an impossibility by any means, but it just seemed like a lot of times I'd tap somewhere to move and my character would go somewhere else. I think they might just not handle you tapping outside of an "active zone" quite right. As for the dodging, apparently they've fixed that in the latest update which I have not had a chance to try yet.

19. Pepper2427

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
    Horn is not for me. The word 'combat' put me right off. Is Lili the same sort of game?

20. Teagan

Teagan Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2011
    Yes, I was surprised when I clicked on the Horn link. Lili didn't look like combat
    ....am I wrong?