List Of Adventure Games (Part 2)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by PointOfLight, May 5, 2011.

1. aghartastudio

aghartastudio Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2008
    Game designer/ director
    Lyon, France
    haha well to be honest, I'm a huge fan of adventure games myself and I visit your cool thread to check out if I'm missing something in the IOS adventure world^^
    I don't really care if you like or not my game (and I can't blame you since you got only the 1st one who is not that good compared to the other two, and you had it back in 2008 full priced too:/)
    if you want to give it a go, I suggest you play the first one quickly using a walkthrought and you may start enjoying the other two after that .

2. Coldar

Coldar Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2008
    Upstate NY/USA
    Someone mentioned "Nightmares From the Deep: The Cursed Heart" by G5 earlier or maybe it was just the dev's name who's Artifex Mundi. I had to research a bit to be sure he made the game.
    Anyway, playing now and its very good.
    Thanks for posting.:)

3. PointOfLight

PointOfLight Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Actually several of us have mentioned the game, myself included. Someone did mention liking other games by the developer, but I believe those games were published by BFG. Anyway, I loved The Cursed Heart, and it has unfortunately put a bit of a cloud on some of G5's other recently released hidden object offerings which aren't nearly as compelling.

4. mrsleny

mrsleny Well-Known Member

May 30, 2012
    Toronto, Canada
    I just finished Cursed Heart and definitely give it two thumbs up. I am also the one who mentioned enjoying other games by the same game developer, Artifex Mundi - Enigmatis : the ghosts of Maple Creek and Joan Jade & the gates of Xilbaba.

New in Canadian store
    Beauty & The Beast CE for iPad

I played the PC version and enjoyed it immensely. Long gameplay and gorgeous graphics. Like the previous Phantom of the Opera, the storyline may be a bit too "girly" for some.

5. elvis333

elvis333 Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2012
    #4305 elvis333, Sep 17, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2012
    cryptic kingdoms just came out. i am psyched. i think this developers games are very good (cryptic keep and cryptic caverns). the puzzles are usually very good. definitely worth it to try this game for .99
    this is a sequel to cryptic keep. there is an hd and regular version both for .99

6. Yay! Great news! Can't wait to play :)

7. Have you started playing yet? Can you confirm whether it has the same slow loading between screens as Cryptic Caverns? As much as I liked that one, I got too frustrated with all the waiting :(

8. Pepper2427

Pepper2427 Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
    Going to be downloading this as soon as I get home. I hope it is as good as previous ones

9. GlitchGames

GlitchGames Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2012
    Game Developer
    Oxford, UK
  10. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Great games

The 1112 games are among my favorite adventure games. I've played episodes numerous times, despite my initial difficulties with the first one. They definitely get better with each one. My only disappointment is that the episodes take so long to make that the wait allowed me to forget each episode. So before I played 3, I went back and played 1 & 2. And until now, I had been playing the iPhone versions on my iPad. But since 3 was a perfect winter game for me last Christmas, I decided to buy the first 2 HD versions to catch up again. And hopefully the 3rd will go on sale before winter, so I can replay it.

Great atmosphere, music, and characters. Puzzles can be quite difficult. A hint system would've been nice. But you should definitely keep a walkthrough bookmarked for those tough spots.

11. Pepper2427

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
  12. siege187

siege187 Active Member

Jun 3, 2010
    Agreed Forever Lost looks great. In other news I noticed on Fireproof Games website that The Room is out this Wednesday 19th Sept. Will be day 1 for me if iPhone compatible

13. Pepper2427

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
    No mention of iphone, looks like ipad only :(

14. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Just pulled up the web site and all I see is a "coming soon". Where did you notice that it was coming out on Wednesday?

15. Pepper2427

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
    It does say on their website that the game is being released this Wednesday. I think it was only updated today

16. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Okay, I'll admit it's already been a long week for me and it's only Monday, but I'm just not seeing it. Here's their web site: Fireproof Games. What am I missing? Is there something I can click on that I'm not seeing?

17. siege187

siege187 Active Member

Jun 3, 2010
    #4317 siege187, Sep 17, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2012
    An article on TA said it was in the works for iPhone too, perhaps a delayed release or plans have changed :(

EDIT: just saw on FB and PG its iPad exclusive :(

No mention on Fireproof Games site but on the studios one in the blog: http://www.fireproofstudios.com/blog

18. GlitchGames

GlitchGames Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2012
    Game Developer
    Oxford, UK
    I don't think I could be any more excited if I tried, then again I am pretty biased :)

Glad you think so! We should have a trailer up in the next few days as well.

19. Pepper2427

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
    Ah, no. I looked at Fireproof Studios website and the release is detailed on there. Didn't realise that Fireproof Games had a separate website so you are not going mad Eric :D

20. Pepper2427

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
    Just started playing. Loading between screens is super fast so you should keep calm App. May have to contact developer. I have just picked something up and it hasn't appeared in my inventory