List Of Adventure Games (Part 2)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by PointOfLight, May 5, 2011.

1. paul.hendricks

paul.hendricks Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2009
    State of Confusion!!
    Thank you! Downloading as I type.

2. paul.hendricks

Jul 30, 2009
    State of Confusion!!
    I'm really enjoying BFG's new iPad game (appshopper.com link):

Phantom of the Opera: Mystery Legends Collector's Edition HD

It has some hidden object pieces, and a lot of adventure pieces, taking place in the theatre where the Phantom lived. Good atmosphere, decent (but not great) graphics, and overall more fun than I have had with one of their games recently.

Next up, the G5e pirate game you all have been enjoying.:)

3. Teagan

Teagan Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2011
    No, I only played the version that was out when I was a kid...long before the Internet existed lol

4. PointOfLight

PointOfLight Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    I hadn't actually played it either - I was just curious. I did get a card for it from Game Stop one time (not really sure what the card did for me), but by the time I finally decided to try it the game had already been closed down.

So how many of them did you play? I know I played Zork, Zork 0, and a couple of the more graphically oriented ones, but I'm not really sure how many I've tried altogether. A couple of the newer ones weren't bad, but the original is still, well, the most original :)

5. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
  6. paul.hendricks

Jul 30, 2009
    State of Confusion!!
    Age means nothing when you are about to be eaten by a Grue!! Loved the old Infocom games-they really made you think and the packaging was as fun as the games, sometimes!

7. mrsleny

mrsleny Well-Known Member

May 30, 2012
    Toronto, Canada
    Agreed about Phantom. And the pirate game is loads of fun.

8. mrsleny

May 30, 2012
    Toronto, Canada
    If you are enjoying the pirate game try Enigmatis: The Ghosts of Maple Creek from the same developer but distributed by BFG. I really liked it.

9. I know I've been quiet lately, but been pretty busy.
    Haven't seen any mention of Haunted Manor: The Secret of the Lost Soul (sorry if it's a repeat).
    Only started playing it, but it seems very polished, and reminds me of The Lost City in that it has a diary that automatically saves clues for you.
    I loooove the atmosphere. Great visuals and sounds. I'm just worried, from what I read in the reviews, that it might just be a demo and not a full game :(
    Anyone playin it yet?

10. Pepper2427

Pepper2427 Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
    Played and competition entered. Loved it but it is quite short. I have high hopes for when the full version is released

11. Yeah, that was short. :( But really looking forward to the full version!

12. kzwen

kzwen Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2010
    Is there any neat adventure games from G5? The last I tried, Paranormal Agency was plenty repetitive and ultra boring. I download the latest pirate game (Nightmares from the Deep) cos it was a sponsor app and figured to check it out and surprisingly it's excellent. All those teeny details are almost to BFG's standard.

13. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    I assume you've played Royal Trouble: Hidden Adventures? If not, that's a great one for G5 adventuring. Right now I'm playing Tales from the Dragon Mountain: The Strix HD. It's not the best in any department (graphics, game play, puzzles, etc.), but it's proven to be a decent adventure so far. It seems a bit dated for being a new release, though.

14. Pepper2427

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
    Ok, I'm confused. Thought I would look to see if there are any reviews for the new G5E game Spirit Walkers - Curse of the Cypress Witch. It comes up on google as a PC game by BFG. Are these two companies one and the same?

15. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    I don't really know the ins and outs of these companies, but I'm pretty sure they don't own the rights to anything they publish, so when I developer takes their product to a different platform I think they have the right to publish it through whomever they want. I believe that's why we see some of these weird things where games get published and then later yanked and republished by someone else.

16. mrsleny

May 30, 2012
    Toronto, Canada
    You must be talking about Alawar.

Sometimes the same platform games are distributed by different companies. Example, Artifex Mundi is the game developer for Enigmatis and Time Mysteries 1 and 2. Both iOS games were released by BFG but their latest iOS game, Nightmares from the Deep was just released by G5E.

Spirit Walkers pc version was a BFG release. I tested the beta when I used to be a game club member.

17. Pepper2427

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
    Ah, I see. BFG and G5E do not develop the games, they only publish them. I get it now but it does seem a bit strange that a developer would go with different publishers for different devices. But thanks for clearing that one up, I can sleep tonight now :)

18. paul.hendricks

Jul 30, 2009
    State of Confusion!!
    It might be a case where the dev subcontracted a certain platform to another developer or that the initial publisher chose to pass on a certain platform (due to sales on the original platform, perhaps?)