List Of Adventure Games (Part 2)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by PointOfLight, May 5, 2011.

1. paul.hendricks

paul.hendricks Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2009
    State of Confusion!!
    My family will be so proud! (i mean running and shrieking in terror, of course!)

2. elvis333

elvis333 Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2012
    I played About to Blow Up Part 1 and will definitely get the next episode when it comes out. This is a very solid point and click adventure game. It has just the right amount of challenge. It kind of reminded me of All Fridges Are Psychotic but not as insanely difficult. It was totally worth it as a paid app, now that it's free, anyone on the fence should really try it. I just hope this developer gets enough support to keep making these games - I want to see where they take it next.

3. PointOfLight

PointOfLight Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    I completely agree. I was a bit sad when it "ended", because often serial games like this never get finished and I'm afraid we won't ever find out what happens. I really hope that's not the case, though, because this was quite enjoyable.

4. Wizardo

Wizardo Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2012
    Starving indie developer
    New Jersey!
    Thanks. The creator is my long time friend. He's a great musician too and is making the music for my upcoming game. I'll pass on your compliments.

5. Wizardo

Wizardo Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2012
    Starving indie developer
    New Jersey!
    Thanks. I hope the series continues too. The indie game business is pretty tough, but we're optimistic.

6. micky011

micky011 New Member

Sep 6, 2012
    student
    india
    That is a good adventure games list

7. mrsleny

mrsleny Well-Known Member

May 30, 2012
    Toronto, Canada
    Not a huge of of G5 after the whole "Lost Souls Enchanted Painting" fiasco but I just had to have their new release "Nightmares from the deep : the cursed heart" after playing the demo (too short).

So far the graphics are stunning, the HO scenes are fairly easy, decent voice work, puzzle not so hard but unfortunately the storyline is weak and silly. But I am a huge fan of the game developer Artifex Mundi and have played all thir iPad games.

As if I need anymore games after that huge BFG sale :). Should keep me busy until Christmas.

Nightmares From the Deep: the Cursed Heart for iPad

8. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Funny, I actually liked the story. In fact, I loved the whole game. I'm even playing the bonus adventure, which I don't think I've ever done before with a collector's edition. Overall I was very pleased with this game.

9. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    I can imagine, especially in a marketplace that has accumulated so many games in such a short amount of time. Still, it seems to have done wonders for the ailing adventure game industry, so hopefully we'll get to see additional chapters in About To Blow Up as well as more games that are like it.

10. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    I think someone mentioned the Broken Sword Kickstarter project at one point. Well, if not there is one, and in case anyone is interested in the progress, here you go: Broken Sword Kickstarter progress. Of course you should probably check the actual Kickstarter page for up to date progress: Kickstarter page.

11. mrsleny

May 30, 2012
    Toronto, Canada
    Didn't mean to diss the game. Sorry if i have offended you! I have loved all of Artifex Mundi's games so far. I've only played the first 10 minutes of Nightmares and it just reminded me of all those horror movies where the hero finds some relic bits and releases a demon/ghost/mummy by putting pieces of it together or reciting something written on them.

The graphics are really beautiful and I'm sure I will enjoy it just as much as yourself. I usually play the bonus adventure in CE versions as they usually add to the storyline.

12. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Not offended at all. I really meant that it was kind of funny that we differed so much on the storyline. However, if you've only played 10 minutes or so I could see why you don't think the story is very interesting. It gets better :)

13. mrsleny

May 30, 2012
    Toronto, Canada
    Glad to hear!

14. Teagan

Teagan Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2011
    ARRRGGGG! I'm playing the pirate game and surprisingly.....enjoy it very much. It's a nice mix of HdO and adventure. Graphics are great and it's a terrific change from the BFG which have been very dissapointing lately.

On another note, Eric, I have a project for you.....create Zork for the iPad:) I was with some teens last night who shocked me when they mentioned how much they love Zork! They play it via the terminal on the Mac. Then they started talking about programming, java etc and they lost me haha I played Zork (was actually the first game I started playing along with Montezumas Revenge) when I was around 11 or so. The kids these days make me feel VERY old. :(

15. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    In case anyone hasn't actually tried it yet, Mystery Lighthouse is currently free. Definitely recommend it if you like adventure games (which I imagine would be the case if you are reading this thread).

16. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    It's a good thing I didn't get Atlantis 2 when it went on sale, because at the moment it's free! Of course I caught this really late in the game, so by the time any of you see it the game might not be free any more, but I tried. Hopefully someone can still take advantage of this.

17. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    In more sales news, all episodes of Sam & Max Beyond Time and Space are currently on sale for 99 cents apiece. I thought the first one was going to be free, though that doesn't seem to be the case at the moment. Still, 99 cents each for these 5 titles is a pretty good deal (assuming they're any good, of course, since I haven't played any but the first yet).

18. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Now stop it. References to Zork and "being old" make me feel old, because I remember playing those as a kid. I actually think I still have most of them laying around here in one form or another. Believe me, if I thought there was a way I'd definitely dive into such a project. I'm pretty sure someone still owns those copyrights, though. Of course, if it ever came to iOS there's no question I'd buy it. So did you ever play the online version - I think it was called Zork Legends?

19. DempseyRoll

DempseyRoll Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2012
    Lostwinds series are good Adventure games

20. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    I'd say they are more platformers than adventure games, but I have heard they are pretty good. Think someone else mentioned them in this thread at one point. I actually have both of them but have not tried either of them yet.