List Of Adventure Games (Part 2)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by PointOfLight, May 5, 2011.

1. Pepper2427

Pepper2427 Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
    I've looked on my purchased list and Secret of Hildegards is there. Can't tell if it's the full version as it is not on iCloud so can't download it easily. However another game by the same developer Mystery Castle is not showing on my purchase history even though I know I bought it. It was the one where you had to go in certain rooms a certain times but you ran out of energy or something so had to buy numerous items. This game is still on App Store and mentions the family Hildegard

2. PointOfLight

PointOfLight Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    I remember Mystery Castle. I never played it but I did download it. Bet if I looked on my list I'd see the Hildegard game as well. This whole "relist and screw up former owners" thing really gets on my nerves sometimes.

3. Pepper2427

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
    At least they re-release the ones with the memorable names. Between us we should be able to remember if they have been released before

4. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    One would think :) Problem is my memory is so bad I tend to think I remember things that never actually existed :rolleyes:

5. Pepper2427

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
    I can't even blame it on my age as I've always had a bad memory. Reading books is the worst. I usually get halfway through and then realise I know who the murderer is. At least I only read half so I haven't lost all my faculties just yet

6. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Call me stupid (don't really), but what does a bad memory have to do with deducing the killer half way through a book?

7. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    So I tried Time Trap HdO, and as fans of BFG and G5 quality hidden object games, you all probably won't be very impressed with it. I will say that the game is much better than their zombie effort, and for not coming from one of the big players in this arena it's not terrible. The graphics are okay, and the story actually has the potential of being interesting. So far it's pretty much hidden object centered with one easy puzzle and a couple of objects to collect. I wouldn't let it supplant anything you're currently playing, but for 99 cents it might be worth picking up for when you're between releases.

8. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
  9. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    This honestly doesn't look that good, but it says in the description that it's a point and click adventure and it's free, so here you go: Back To Stone Age

10. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    And yet another "classic adventure". I do like the pixel graphics on this one: Quiet, Please!

11. Pepper2427

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
    Because I've read the book before but just forgot I had;)

12. Pepper2427

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
    Very good concept. It's been done before but not very often but this one is painfully slow and I keep getting eaten by various things

13. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Ah... did I mention I'm not very quick either?

14. Teagan

Teagan Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2011
    Wow you guys have been busy! I thought that in iTunes if you click on apps it would show icons of all the apps you have (not solely ones downloaded via the computer). I'll have to take a look later:)

15. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    I definitely know that's not the case. Good thing too, because if it did I'm pretty sure my list would never load with all the apps I have :)

16. paul.hendricks

paul.hendricks Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2009
    State of Confusion!!
    Man, you are on fire today! This one does look interesting, must be based on one of their books-not one that I am familiar with, though.

17. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Every week I write an article for a web site about 10 new games that came out on the App Store the week before. This week I just happened to start making the list for that article today, so I was rifling through the 15 to 20 pages of new games on AppShopper.com since Sunday. That's why I came across so many new titles :)

18. mrsleny

mrsleny Well-Known Member

May 30, 2012
    Toronto, Canada
    LOL. I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one. I have read all of Agatha Christie's books several times and there are a few where I simply can't remember who the murderer was at all until near the end. Sad isn't it? On the bright side I get to enjoy the story all over again :)

19. Pepper2427

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
    Another new release today. Haunted Manor - The Secret of the Lost Soul. Very short but its just a teaser not the full game. At the end you can send an email in order to win the full game.

The little I played was very good and I have high hopes for the full version if this standard is kept up.

Had a problem with no text showing up though so I contacted the developers who replied very shortly after, always a good sign. They advised me to click on language button and select english. This did solve the problem but I told them it would be better if they either advised that you had to pick a language or have a language as standard. But apart from that it is worth 10 minutes of your time

20. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Looking forward to trying it out. Here's a link for everyone else: Haunted Manor - The Secret Of The Lost Soul