List Of Adventure Games (Part 2)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by PointOfLight, May 5, 2011.

1. Pepper2427

Pepper2427 Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
    #4161 Pepper2427, Aug 28, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2012
    Just had a look this morning. On the home screen, click Account in Quick Links on the right hand side. Then on Purchase History click See All and voila, there is the list, including free ones

There is also a link on the email receipts sent by Apple but I can't check where this takes you as I'm not on the computer that has iTunes

Has anyone played Time Trap HdO. Reduced in price but mixed reviews

2. PointOfLight

PointOfLight Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    For the Purchase History, that's what I was afraid you were talking about. I go there all the time, and I used to even take screen shots of every group, but that got too cumbersome after a while. I'm not at all familiar with iTunes from a technical perspective, but as a 20 year programmer I can't believe it would be that difficult to put a button on that screen that would allow someone to dump all that history to a CSV file or something. I've been tempted on more than one occasion to send them an email and offer to do it myself, though I'm sure they wouldn't be interested in that.

I have not played Time Trap HdO, but I did play their other game Zombie Attack - Hidden Objects and I was not even close to impressed. After all the time I've spent playing hidden object games from BFG and G5, Zombie Attack didn't even compare. I'm still tempted to buy Time Trap HdO, though, because I dig the graphics.

3. Pepper2427

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
    #4163 Pepper2427, Aug 28, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2012
    Purchase history is not very user friendly which is quite diasappointing. Have printed off all my receipts and will go through the history on the App Store to get myself square and then work my way through them. When I first got my iphone I remember thinking I must take my time on these games so I don't run out and have nothing to play, lol. Two years later and I don't have enough days.

Giving Time Trap a miss because I didn't really like Zombie Attack either. I like Hidden object games but only if they have mini games and a great story. The ios platform has definately spoiled me and I expect so much more from a game nowadays

Quite a few people have been asking about a purchase history list - I believe you are unable to print or copy and paste so it might be worth your while emailing them and putting forward to proposal

4. Pepper2427

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
    There is something new on iTunes. A purchased button that gives you apps purchased on iPhone as well as on the computer. Good improvement for people like me that never use the computer

5. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Since you say you don't use your computer, I assume you're talking about the on-device option at the top of the updates screen? If so, that was like my favorite addition with iOS 5. I use it all the time. The only thing I don't like is that when you do a search, you then have to go back to the main purchased screen to do a new search instead of being able to do another search right from the results screen. Otherwise, that's the best feature to hit on-device iTunes in a long time. Which still, of course, would be stomped into the ground by the ability to print out a list of purchases :)

6. Pepper2427

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
    No it is actually on iTunes on the computer. I went on to take some screenshots of the millions of apps I have and it said purchased with new written in red beside it

7. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Oh yeah, that one. I tried clicking that by mistake before when i was looking for the Purchase History you were originally talking about (and before I realized that it was the same purchase history I was used to). Once I clicked the Purchased link the cursor kept spinning and spinning until I finally gave up and killed iTunes. Guess I have too many games :(

8. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Atlantis 2 is on sale for 99 cents. Anyone played it? Is it worth investing the time and space in?

9. TheMoonwalls

TheMoonwalls Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2010
    Didn't play the iOS version, but I love original PC one :)

10. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Hm, wish it was the HD version on sale - I'd buy it in a minute. Just not too eager to play adventure games on my small iPod Touch screen any more.

So how are you these days?

11. Pepper2427

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
    Ooo. Goody. Downloading now. Time Mysteries 2 has just been released. Is currently at £2.99 for the collectors edition

12. TheMoonwalls

Nov 8, 2010
    Great, thank you! Currently working on a small puzzle game, similar to Geared, and Geared 2. Should be finished this week, and after this, I'm going to start making new adventure game (as I said - 3rd person perspective point&click adventure with pixel art graphics :) ).

13. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Sounds intriguing. Don't let all these side projects sway you too far from that adventure game, though. I wouldn't want to have to hunt you down over that :D

14. TheMoonwalls

Nov 8, 2010
    I just like to make a smaller game between two bigger titles, so don't worry ;)

And you know where I live, so I feel motivated :D

15. mrsleny

mrsleny Well-Known Member

May 30, 2012
    Toronto, Canada
    Oooh thanks for that. I liked the first one but I remember it being HOG heavy. Hoping the second has more adventure/puzzles. I have liked all games by Artifex Mundi.

16. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Has anyone actually finished Edna & Harvey? I'm enjoying it, but it's starting to feel like an awfully long game to me. I think the iTunes description said something crazy like 20 hours of game play, and I wasn't ready to believe that, but the more I delve into it the more I suspect that might be true. The problem I'm having is that most of that game play seems to be wandering around, looking at items and talking to people. I haven't found a whole lot of puzzles yet, unless I'm missing something. I'm just wondering what other people's experience in this regards is.

17. paul.hendricks

paul.hendricks Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2009
    State of Confusion!!
    I hit the wall pretty quickly, (same issues you related, plus way too extensive of dialog trees) but that was the beginning of my burnout. I am definitely going to go back to it.

18. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
  19. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA