List Of Adventure Games (Part 2)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by PointOfLight, May 5, 2011.

1. Coldar

Coldar Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2008
    Upstate NY/USA
    No spreadsheets (yet) but I do save my receipts sent from iTunes and put them within a folder dated per year. I know iTunes has a purchase history to look games up but I like to keep them on my flashcard anyway.
    Fanatical perhaps but I'm still ok with doing it.:)

Add: I also used to keep screenshots of each game as well but I don't do that any longer.
    Way too many games for that now.

2. Pepper2427

Pepper2427 Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
    That's a good idea. I have so many games now that I can't keep track of what I have played. I did keep an address book so they were all in alphabetical order but I always forget to put new ones in so it is really out of date. I do keep the receipts in a special folder on my emails so I will go into that and print them off. Will take a while but once they are done I can just print the emails every time I purchase something new. Thanks for the tip

3. paul.hendricks

paul.hendricks Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2009
    State of Confusion!!
    No sadness or embarrassment, you are embracing your geekiness!;)

Geeks rule!

4. paul.hendricks

Jul 30, 2009
    State of Confusion!!
    I used to use screenshots as well (more for organization, though), but the screens change too often. Too many games can't really exist can it? :)

An address book is an interesting idea (both for tracking and organization). Is it an expanding one or an electronic one? If electronic, what's the app name?

Thanks!

5. Teagan

Teagan Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2011
    Why don't you just take screenshots in iTunes showing what games/apps you own?

6. PointOfLight

PointOfLight Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    I keep all my receipts as well. I just wish they wouldn't have stopped putting the free games on the receipts. I know you technically didn't pay for them if they are free, but that makes receipts not quite as nice a tracking tool as they could be. Ideally, they really need to put an option in iTunes that lets you download a spreadsheet that lists all of the games you've purchased, when you purchased them and how much you paid for them. If I had any inkling on how to extract that information I'd do it myself, but sadly I don't.

7. kendahlj

kendahlj Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2012
    I would pay 99 cents for an app like that...

8. mrsleny

mrsleny Well-Known Member

May 30, 2012
    Toronto, Canada
    Wow you are all very organized keeping track of your games. I am impressed.

Just finished Theatre of the Absurd from BFG. The US release should be any day now. It's a great game. Good ratio of HOG and puzzles. Great artwork despite the creep factor. Voice work was very good even though a bit repetitive. The only downside is that it's a cliffhanger. Augh. Definitely worth the money.

I'm hoping BFG has a decent Labour Day sale for iOS games. I realize the days of $0.99 games are gone but even if they were all $2.99, I'd snap up a bunch.

9. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    I know you guys are probably still grudging against G5, but hopefully you'll get over it in the next couple of weeks. I just spent the weekend with Nightmares from the Deep: The Cursed Heart, and it was absolutely amazing. It reminded me a lot of Royal Trouble in terms of game play, though I think there was a lot more hidden object hunting in this one. It still felt more like an adventure game, though. The story was great, the graphics top notch (except the lip syncing, which was terrible), and the music was "hauntingly beautiful" for lack of a less cliched term. The collector's edition has a bonus adventure that follows immediately from the end of the main tale, and I'm working on that now. I couldn't stop playing this over the weekend, which hasn't happened for me with this type of game in quite a while (I think Haunted Houdini was the last "don't want to stop" one for me). Basically I highly recommend this title.

10. paul.hendricks

Jul 30, 2009
    State of Confusion!!
    All you had to say was "It reminded me a lot of Royal Trouble in terms of game play" and I was racing for the buy button. Unfortunately, it does not look like it is out yet-do you know the release date?

11. Pepper2427

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
    Looks good. Fickle me will end up buying more of their games. They have had some good titles but they are only as good as the last game played. Will have to give this one a try once it is released

12. Pepper2427

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
    Will my purchases still show up in iTunes even though I never sync my phone with the computer? The diary isn't working as I always forget to write them in. Isn't there a purchase history on iTunes?

13. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    September 6. That's why I said you had a couple of weeks to get over the "we don't like G5" thing :) I know that may not specifically have been you, but you get what I mean.

14. paul.hendricks

Jul 30, 2009
    State of Confusion!!
    I honestly glossed right over those couple of sentences.

I saw the game impresssion before the title of the game even, and was off to the purchasing races!

15. Teagan

Teagan Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2011
    There is a purchase history. However, if you click on apps it should show all of the apps you own w the app icon. You should also be able to see a list of all your apps when you click to choose which ones you want to sync on your device.

You never sync your phone? Do you use iCloud? I don't plug my phone in to sync but it syncs via iCloud.

16. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    When you say "purchase history" are you talking about when you view your account, or is it something a bit more visual like what you get on-device? If the latter, where do you get that on the desktop version? When you click on apps, it will only show apps that you have downloaded directly through your desktop iTunes or that you have synced with your device, so that won't help Pepper any.

17. Pepper2427

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
    I charge it every night so it syncs automatically with the cloud. Have two accounts on iTunes that are linked and we have different tastes in music games well just about everything so it was a pain having to tick and untick everything so I just don't use it anymore

18. Pepper2427

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
    It's definitely a purchase history on iTunes. I will have to have a look again. Might be worth printing that off instead of the iTunes receipts. Wish I'd started doing that yonks ago

19. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Can you tell me where you're seeing that?

20. mrsleny

mrsleny Well-Known Member

May 30, 2012
    Toronto, Canada
    I was one of those who had a problem with the G5 Lost Souls though I'm not sure if we should take issue with the game developer or the game distributor.

That being said I will more than likely buy Nightmares from the Deep because it's an Artifex Mundi game. I loved their previous games Enigmatis and Joan Jade (both distributed by BFG).