List Of Adventure Games (Part 2)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by PointOfLight, May 5, 2011.

1. PointOfLight

PointOfLight Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    That's great to see, and I hope they do it even if they don't get the funding. The problem with Kickstarter it seems is that for every project that gets way overfunded I see several good looking ones that don't even come close to their goals. Sadly a lot of them have been very promising looking games, and they weren't asking for nearly the amount of money these guys want. Of course if this does see the light of day, I will definitely get a copy :)

2. Yeah, it does seem like a lot of money. And since I've no wish to play it on my PC, I wouldn't fund the kickstarter. Hopefully there are enough die-hard fans out there to make this possible ;)

3. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Well, depending on how many people all told will be working on it the "asking price" is not really that unreasonable. I think there were a couple more adventure game projects that asked for bigger amounts and far surpassed their expectations. I just wonder how many of each type of game will be enough before people stop giving? Of course then you look at things like the new OUYA console that asked for something like $950,000 and got over $8 million! People are so fickle :)

4. paul.hendricks

paul.hendricks Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2009
    State of Confusion!!
    It seems to me like the ability to promote your Kickstarter is almost more important than what you are funding. So many of the small, interesting ones that aren't looking for a ton of funding never seem to go anywhere, and all I can guess is that they never got the word out.

5. paul.hendricks

Jul 30, 2009
    State of Confusion!!
    Kid-oriented, choose your path/dialog adventure:

Jack's Secret Monster (TA forum link)

I like the art style on this one and might have to give it a whirl (although I'll say it is for my daughter if anyone sees it on my iPad).

6. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Promotion always seems to be a stickler with small time development. Unfortunately I'm not sure anyone has figured out how to cure that problem yet, as evidenced by your comments above.

The artwork does look really good. I'd be interested to see what your opinion is. I'm a bit nervous by the 4+ rating, mainly in that I'd be concerned that it wasn't interesting enough for an adult.

As always, no problem.

7. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
  8. paul.hendricks

Jul 30, 2009
    State of Confusion!!
    It does seem to be for a young group of gamers, so intellectually it is far too advanced for me. :D. It has great narration, great artwork, good animation, And a fun storyline, but the control aspect definitely needs work. If you have someone who is willing to put up with a subpar control scheme, they will enjoy it, but otherwise it will just lead to frustration, I fear.

9. Scorpion008

Scorpion008 Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2011
    Guys, don't forget Perfect Cell (Mobigame)!

10. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    New game from the Mystery Lighthouse developer: Cool Quest

11. podbud

podbud Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2010

I like the game - a lot. However, it's near to impossible on the phone. Perhaps on the pad, you can see what you're doing, but I just ended up getting really frustrated as I know what to do, but just can't see to do it.

I emailed the devs and they sent a nice reply but I think they may have missed the point. Pinch zoom would be the answer to some of the frustrations I had.

Even with the walkthrough it's impossible.

I may have another go...as I'm not really immersed in an adventure right now.

12. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Anyone tried this one yet: The Abandoned School? I think it has some potential, other than the fact that you have to purposely tap on things several times to make something happen, but I already can't get past the second sequence in the game. I ended up deleting it, but if someone could tell me how to do something in the staircase I might give it a try again.

13. Pepper2427

Pepper2427 Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
    Tried it but was too difficult so I gave up and deleted it. Couldn't even get any further with the aid of the help on the app description

14. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    At least it's good to know I wasn't the only one. Too bad, because I think it could have been pretty interesting. Oh well.

15. paul.hendricks

Jul 30, 2009
    State of Confusion!!
    #4136 paul.hendricks, Aug 25, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2012
  16. paul.hendricks

Jul 30, 2009
    State of Confusion!!
    I know this has absolutely nothing to do with adventure games, up my current addiction is Supermagical . It is a Bubble Bobbleesque game with role playing elements and bright, fun graphics. It is truly addictive and a time-trap for me! Attached is the trailer for the game.

Time to get more Chococoins!

17. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Stop it, Paul. I already have a huge list of games to buy, one 100 times larger to play, and now you're adding to it! I was already considering The Curse anyway, but Supermagical looks pretty cool too. Guess it's time to get another iTunes card... sigh...

18. paul.hendricks

Jul 30, 2009
    State of Confusion!!
    I will admit I was feeling some iOS burnout lately, but Supermagical has helped to purge that feeling. I have quite the list to play on all of my devices too, but love finding and buying new ones! (almost more than playing them sometimes, it seems)

19. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    I actually feel the same way. I actually have a spreadsheet where I keep track of all my iOS games, which in and of itself is pretty sad. What's worse, though, is that I have a cell that shows my number of purchases per month, and I almost get a bit excited when I actually see that go up. I'm thinking I should be embarrassed about that, but I'm really not.