List Of Adventure Games (Part 2)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by PointOfLight, May 5, 2011.

1. Teagan

Teagan Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2011
    Pitfall! Woot!

This is NOT pitfall! At least not the Pitfall I remember as a kid lololol

2. Pepper2427

Pepper2427 Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
    Did you get the cut scene at the end?

3. Teagan

Teagan Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2011
    #4063 Teagan, Aug 10, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2012
    What is Edna? I can't find it in the app store?

Oh, Edna and Harvey? The cartoon looking game?

4. Teagan

Teagan Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2011
    I had many issues.....I loved the first two but this one was SUCH a disappointment! It wan't smooth and played nothing like the first two. The sparkles were a joke! I was happy to read I was not the only unhappy person:) No cut scene for me...I deleted! You should know by now that my patience is quite thin. haha

5. PointOfLight

PointOfLight Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Has anyone played this game: Foreign Dreams? It looks kind of interesting, but I don't recall it ever being mentioned around here.

6. Pepper2427

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
    I looked at it when it popped up on Appshopper but the reviews here say its good but very very short

7. mrsleny

mrsleny Well-Known Member

May 30, 2012
    Toronto, Canada
    New BFG in Canada
    Mystery Legends Phantom of the Opera CE for iPad

I played PC version a while back and really enjoyed. But I never finished it so I may pick up the iPad version. I have tendinitis issues and I haven't gone back to PC games since I got my iPad.

8. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    I just got done playing the room escape game Smart Room. It's nothing overly special, but it's free, it's small, and it's good for a few minutes of play. The sound effects are a bit annoying, but the game doesn't last long enough for them to be much of a nuisance.

9. mrsleny

May 30, 2012
    Toronto, Canada
    BFG game Nightfall Mysteries Black Heart seems to have some sound issues. It cut out about 15 minutes or so into the game. I have emailed BFG. Hopefully they can provide a fix. From reviews on app store others have had same problem but some haven't. What accounts for this? iPad version? Memory? I'm not a techie at all.

Cheers.

10. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    New game coming: The Inner World. The web site says Windows PC, but according to the press release I received it will be showing up on iOS as well.

11. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
  12. kendahlj

kendahlj Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2012
    This looks pretty cool...

13. Clintoner

Clintoner Member

Jul 30, 2012
    I love playing games on my PC specially on my holidays. You will see me playing so much. If you ask me about my favorite adventure games then I would say The Secret of Monkey Island, Kings Quest: Quest for the Crown and Maniac Mansion. I have downloaded from online

14. Pepper2427

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
    I'm on my holidays as of today so phone and pad are fully loaded. Stopping off at Stonhenge on the way

15. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Have a good trip! I'd love to see Stonehenge some day.

16. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    I know this isn't iOS related, but I thought those of you that played the hidden object game XIII might want to see what a real game based of the XIII property might look like: XIII. Now of course I say that not having yet played it myself, but I'm pretty tempted to pick it up. The game was made in 2003 and it still looks pretty sharp. More importantly though, the voice acting could make it worth the $2.99 price tag.

17. paul.hendricks

paul.hendricks Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2009
    State of Confusion!!
    Very visceral violence (how's that for punny alliteration?) in that one, as I remember. I don't remember the game all that well, but I remember strong and graphic violence.

18. bellaswan

bellaswan New Member

19. mrsleny

May 30, 2012
    Toronto, Canada
    New BFG in Canada

Theatre of the absurd - Scarlet Frost Mystery CE for iPad

Just started the demo of this. It's by Silverback/Gogii games who also developed Empress of the Deep series. It looks pretty intense and creepy as it has to do with the supernatural. The HO scenes have been pretty dark and disturbing so far. There was quite a long cut scene intro. PC version had pretty good reviews on gamezebo.

I think I will buy after the demo ends. Have to finish Nightfall Mysteries first. Also a bunch of other new BFG but the first two look like older games which I'm not going to even bother with. Probably not in US store yet.

Victorian Mysteries: the yellow room
    Small town terrors: Livingston
    Mystery of the ancients Lockwood Manor CE (might try later)