List Of Adventure Games (Part 2)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by PointOfLight, May 5, 2011.

1. #4041 AppUnwrapper, Aug 9, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2012
    That old, ancient device you would call an iPhone 4, that until recently had no issues with their service! Wtf??? For a second there, I actually thought they might help me!

(Even though the advice they were giving me assumed I'm a complete idiot even though I explained I've been using the service for months now... The fact that they were at least *trying* to help gave me some hope. Sigh.)

Edit: If they had acknowledged there's a problem with the system and are working on it, I'd be fine with that. But this is basically telling me they have no intention of trying to fix it for those who are having problems (and there are others besides me).

2. PointOfLight

PointOfLight Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Sorry, I should have elaborated on their part. Comcast never said it was a problem with their system, but since my email had been working fine forever, then suddenly stopped until I changed a setting that I had never had to mess with before, it was clear the problem was on their end. Of course, it mysteriously got fixed, even though they didn't have a problem to begin with :) Sorry that you're having such difficulties with FMA, because it seems like it could be a really nice service.

3. paul.hendricks

paul.hendricks Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2009
    State of Confusion!!
    Is it jailbroken? I know the service will not work with a JB device (FAD as well).

4. Ah yeah, that does sound royally stupid. Glad you got it fixed, though!

Nope, never jailbroken.

5. kendahlj

kendahlj Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2012
    Anyone play Edna yet?

6. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    No, but I will tonight. Downloaded it right before I left for work today.

7. kendahlj

Jun 21, 2012
    Please post your impressions when you get a chance...

8. Coldar

Coldar Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2008
    Upstate NY/USA
    Hey everyone. I've been playing Royal Trouble: Hidden Adventures and wondering if this falls into the adventure category rather than a hog. Earlier I had posted of trying something other than a hog and RT is finding objects but not really like a hog its more of figuring out how they fit into the scheme of escaping different areas at this point into the game. If this is considered an adventure than I'll be trying something relative afterwards because I'm really enjoying the game immensely.
    Any thoughts to what this is to be considered?
    Thanks all!

9. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    I would definitely consider Royal Trouble more of an adventure game than a HoG, and yes it was quite good. Unfortunately games like that are a lot less easy to come by.

10. paul.hendricks

Jul 30, 2009
    State of Confusion!!
    The only other thing I can think of is to delete the profile it installs, but that may delete all of your points...sorry I can't help.

11. paul.hendricks

Jul 30, 2009
    State of Confusion!!
    It is very much an old adventure-type game, in the Sierra or LucasArts vein. Lots of item interaction, extended branching dialog trees, and a great sense of humor. Fantastic voice acting, good graphics, and a very nice UI. I have played for about 45 minutes and am truly loving it, so far.

12. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    The game is certainly interesting. It looks great and everything is completely voice acted (which probably in part explains the huge file size). I think there might have initially been a little too much banter between the guard and the girl, but I suppose you could have skipped most of that if you wanted. While I suppose it should have been easy for me to pick up, it would have been nice for the game to actually explain that you drag and drop inventory items to use them. Took me a bit to catch on to that one. What I really did about the game is how you go into these flashback sequences where you get to control the rabbit and use him to help Edna gather recollections about her past. The game is definitely one for adventure game fans and probably one of the better IPs to hit the iOS format in a while. Let's just say it kept me away from working on two reviews I needed to finish last night.

13. Pepper2427

Pepper2427 Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
    I'm sure I'm being dense but what is IPs?

14. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Sorry - "intellectual properties". Not to sound like I know what I'm talking about, because I don't, but I believe it's a legal term used to refer to the "ideas" behind things. For instance, Spider-man books, movies, etc. are all tangible objects, and Spider-man himself is the IP that drives those objects. I'm sure I'm oversimplifying and distorting it, but that's kind of how I understand it.

15. Pepper2427

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
    Thanks for clearing that up. I'm not as dense as I thought. Is Edna & Harvey very similar to Monkey Island because, don't gasp with horror now, I just couldn't get into those games

16. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    The style is somewhat similar, but the content is not. And don't worry - I've never really delved into the world of Monkey Island either. Truthfully, I'd almost be embarrassed to publicly post a list of popular games that I either haven't played or didn't care for. I think people would lose respect for my reviewing prowess :rolleyes:

17. kendahlj

Jun 21, 2012
    If you didn't play the monkey island games 20 years ago when they were new then it's easy to see why you can't get into them now... For me still fun but they haven't aged well.

18. Pepper2427

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
    No. I did play them way back when and they were just not my cup of tea

19. Teagan

Teagan Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2011
    NEVER again! I deleted it but thank you for following up! That truly disgusts me.

20. Teagan

Teagan Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2011
    I tried over and over again but did not find the humor nor did I understand the following. I even used a walkthrough to see if I was missing something....no luck. haha