List Of Adventure Games (Part 2)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by PointOfLight, May 5, 2011.

1. PointOfLight

PointOfLight Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Are you talking about the one that has the two drawers and then the two doors? I've cleaned out the drawers but can't open the doors.

2. Pepper2427

Pepper2427 Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
    Original post amended. Sorry was trying to do two things at once. Yes I am a woman and no I obviously can't multi task

3. Do any of you use FreeMyApps? Been having trouble with it for the last few weeks -- can't earn credit or use credit. I tried asking in the FMA thread but no response. Their twitter feed has a number of tweets about this same issue, but no solution. Anyone know how to fix it?

4. Pepper2427

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
    Edna & Harvey has been released in New Zealand. Is that the one we were discussing recently? Didn't realise it was coming out so soon

5. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    No worries. Got it figured out (ironically, I tapped around that area several times and must have just kept tapping right around the object I needed). I've gotten out of that room and saw the dialog for chapter 1, so it appears that my fears of this being a one room game have been abated. Now we'll see how long it lasts :)

I've used it before, but don't really use it on a regular basis. Aside from the problems you're having now, have you gotten a lot out of the site in the past?

Yeah, it is, and I was as surprised as you to see that it had been released already. I got a code from one of my PR contacts, so I'll post some impressions once I've had a chance to play.

6. Yep, I've gotten a bunch of apps, as well as a nice chunk of iTunes and Amazon credit. But I haven't been able to do anything in weeks :(. I can't even use my 900+ points to claim gifts. I tried clearing cookies, but nothing changed :(

7. Pepper2427

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
    Look forward to hearing your thoughts. It is a monster app and the price reflects that but gameplay seems to last for a long time. Just want to make sure it's worth my hard earned cash

8. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    I was a bit shocked at the 1.2 GB footprint. Granted, I stretched the budget and got the biggest memory configuration available when I bought my iPad, but that could certainly still fill up awfully quickly if each game starts weighing in at almost a gig and a half. I still remember when hard drives were measured in MB and RAM clocked in at KB :)

9. paul.hendricks

paul.hendricks Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2009
    State of Confusion!!
    I stopped using them some time ago. They seem to go through cycles of availability. Several people in the BTA used them for a while, but have stopped posting about them at all.

10. paul.hendricks

Jul 30, 2009
    State of Confusion!!
    Triple Yeah! I've been looking forward to this one since Eric posted I it.

11. paul.hendricks

Jul 30, 2009
    State of Confusion!!
    Careful, you are starting to show your age! ;). Of course this is coming from the guy who still has a TI 99-4a and tape drive sitting in a box somewhere in this house.

12. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Been there, done that. I've also had a Trash (I mean TRS) 80 and various other "make great doorstops now" type electronics in my day. Read an article earlier this week about how for its 30th anniversary I guy took a Commodore 64 and among other things sent a tweet out from it. Pretty pointless, but cool none the less. Gotta love the good old days :)

13. mrsleny

mrsleny Well-Known Member

May 30, 2012
    Toronto, Canada
    It's been so long since I've played it I don't remember if I saw the cut scene or not. Sad isn't it when the mind starts to go. And here I thought playing casual games was supposed to help prevent that!

I do know when I finished there were still a few paintings with chains across indicating they were locked. When I went to the app store I noticed it said Additional Content $1.99 so I just assumed I had to buy to unlock the rest. I already paid $6.99 for the CE and on principle did not purchase the additional content. I don't know if it's unreasonable of me to expect longer gameplay from CE versions. I've only been playing for a year but I've always been satisfied with the length of the BFG CE versions. Same for Alawar and MumboJumbo.

But possibly the Lost Souls did freeze at that point and I should have been able to access the rest. Maybe one day when I'm at a loss for games I may go back and replay it to see. I did enjoy this game as well as others from G5E ... Treasure Seekers, Royal Trouble, Mystery of the Crystal Portal and Special Enquiry Detail.

I don't want to give up on them but Lost Souls was the last I bought from them. The others since then haven't wowed me.

14. mrsleny

May 30, 2012
    Toronto, Canada
    Speaking of showing our ages, does anyone remember BBSes and Legend of the Red Dragon?

15. paul.hendricks

Jul 30, 2009
    State of Confusion!!
    I kind of miss my Hayes Smartmodem. With the metal case, that thing was bulletproof! I never played Legend of the Red Dragon, but spent much of my formative years on BBSes of all sorts. I remember having to get credits and ID upgrades to do anything on a lot of them. Times have definitely changed.

16. mrsleny

May 30, 2012
    Toronto, Canada
    For sure times have changed. I met mr leny on a BBS. He was the sysop! When people ask how we met, I usually just say "on the Internet". I can't even think how to explain BBSes to the younger folk.

17. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    It's always nice to hear a "lovin' on the geeks" story :) I remember Legend of the Red Dragon by name, but ironically enough for being a techie all my life I never really got into BBSs. There are few things I feel I missed out on, but that was one of them.

18. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Edna & Harvey: The Breakout is now available on the U.S. App Store.

And, in a completely un-adventure game related note, Activision has released a 30th anniversary edition of Pitfall! for iOS devices. On the down side, it looks like a Temple Run clone. On the plus side, it looks like an extremely cool Temple Run clone.

19. Wtf? After some back and forth over twitter with FMA, I get this: "We have looked into your account. Unfortunately, at this time we can not support your device."
    Again, WTF?

20. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Wow, that's about as bad as Comcast telling me "hey, there's a problem with our system but let's delete your account to fix it". So what big, bad device do you have that they don't support :confused: