List Of Adventure Games (Part 2)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by PointOfLight, May 5, 2011.

1. PointOfLight

PointOfLight Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Actually, I reported him too, so I might just have knocked myself back into spot #4000 :D

2. paul.hendricks

paul.hendricks Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2009
    State of Confusion!!
    We all must have reported him! I'm glad I avoided all the pressure of having to write a witty and intellectual post #4000 too!

3. Pepper2427

Pepper2427 Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
    Just heard back from G5E. Yes, you only get 5 levels and then basically have to pay again to finish the game. Absolutely disgusted with this. Bonus levels after the game has finished I can live with as then it is my choice but to practically force you into buying the extra content is unforgivable.

Needless to say, I won't be buying any more games from this greedy company

4. mrsleny

mrsleny Well-Known Member

May 30, 2012
    Toronto, Canada
    Thanks for the info. I should have followed up myself. It's pretty disgusting. I also will not be buying anymore from G5E. I think I will send them an email telling them that.

5. mrsleny

mrsleny Well-Known Member

May 30, 2012
    Toronto, Canada
  6. siege187

siege187 Active Member

Jun 3, 2010
    So yeah back to The Haunt, I've also put it on the back burner pending the Retina update, v hard to see on iPhone. My enthusiasm for this title has faded quite a bit.

7. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    This is quite disturbing. I'm a huge fan of G5E, and I hate to see them alienate their fans like this. I'm not quite ready to give up on them yet, but this certainly doesn't make things easy.

8. Pepper2427

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
    Apparently I played the five episodes and completed the picture and then there was supposed to be a cut scene showing the boy being released and returned to his mother. I never saw this cut scene so just assumed that the game hadn't ended. Was quite short for the price and I'm still not convinced with the explanation as when I finish level 5 the chains disappear from the picture but tapping it does no good and it doesn't say to play this level please make this purchase. Oh well. I have plenty of other games to play so I will put it down to experience

9. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    I just hate to see people give up on G5E because of this one fumble. Sure it's frustrating, but they have certainly turned out some good and lengthy games over the years. I think of things like Mushroom Age and Letters From Nowhere (which I'm still trying to get through). It's just too bad this one had to rub so many people the wrong way.

10. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    On a completely different note, has anyone else tried TreasureTrove yet? I'm actually enjoying it, other than the fact that it's iPhone only (unless you want grainy, pixelated video, which I know you guys don't :) ) The visuals are decent, and the puzzles are for the most part sensible. The dialog is full of grammatical errors, but that actually doesn't bother me too much. You have two multiple use inventory items, one of which is a metal detector that you have to use to scan for hidden metallic objects, which is kind of cool. My only concern at this point is that once I exit the door to the basement I'm in I'm afraid the game will be over, but I'm hoping it's not that short.

In the mean time, I'm stuck to where I need an object to proceed that I can't seem to find. If anyone has played the game I'd appreciate a confirmation so I can see if you can help me.

11. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    A while back I mentioned the game Track The Ripper, and I remember being concerned that it wouldn't end up being much of an actual game. Well, they haven't changed anything in the iTunes description to alleviate my fears, but they did lower the price to 99 cents, so I might just take my chances and pick it up after work.

12. Pepper2427

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
    I think if they had told me about the cut scene from the off I would have been fine. Yes the game was a tad short compared to others but I did enjoy it. There have been other reports on the App Store about it freezing. I wonder if they have got to the same place I did and thought the game had frozen because they also did not see the cut scene. If that is the case then nothing seems to have been done about it which is a shame because, as you rightfully pointed out Eric, they do produce some excellent games. Unfortunately this particular one did not come up to their usual standard

13. Pepper2427

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
    #4013 Pepper2427, Aug 8, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2012
    I downloaded the free version to see what it was like but have come to a standstill but from what I've played so far I think it will be worth it

Just gone back to it and I've finished the free part. Simple but good

14. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    If you tell me where you're at maybe I can help you so you can help me :)

15. Pepper2427

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
    Finished the free version. What are you looking for?

16. paul.hendricks

Jul 30, 2009
    State of Confusion!!
    This one looks like it might be a worldwide release as it is in the US store as well. I don't think there will ever be a way of figuring out their release schedule.

17. paul.hendricks

Jul 30, 2009
    State of Confusion!!
    That is very discouraging. G5e is a much better company than this, usually.

18. paul.hendricks

Jul 30, 2009
    State of Confusion!!
    Much better than the initial thinking on the game, if frustrating that they have not repaired the game.

19. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    I can't find the item that goes in the wall to complete the puzzle with the three gems and the sunlight.

20. Pepper2427

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
    #4020 Pepper2427, Aug 8, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2012
    Sorry Eric. Misunderstood. I'm sure we have had this conversation a long time ago if you remember on a different game. Look up!